View Full Version : older snap-on/blue point welder MB120 parts?

chris fresh
10-06-2011, 11:23 AM
does anyone know off hand if you can still get parts for these? i have one and it works great except for the handle leaks gas.i've replaced the o-rings twice and over time they leak again.i learned to weld with this welder and have had it for about 8 years,bought it from a friends pawnshop for 65 bucks.

i would like to replace the entire liner/casing and the handle and continue to use it for all my smaller 110v projects.

just don't know if i should contact snap-on,or do i contact blue point? didn't know if they were one in the same,or seperate companys.

i'm thinkin i can probably get something that will replace it,not original,but that will work.longer leads would be great also.

whatta you guy's think?

kansei
12-08-2011, 07:45 PM
Blue Point is just Snap-On's house brand so to speak- same company. You could try contacting them , but from what I've found online they aren't very helpful with this welder (I also have an MB120A), as they have not sold it in a very long time, and once they stop sourcing something from another company, they basically turn their back on the product- been down that road with them on testers, jacks, jack stands, etc. :mad:

If you have a manual or parts list for the welder, and would be willing to share a copy or .PDF of it, I'd be very appreciative. Got my welder second hand years ago and it didn't come with any paperwork.

Neal.

crewchief888
12-08-2011, 07:59 PM
i found a place on the web that had some parts for welders/plasmas that were sold under the truck brands and various other names.

search "mig welder parts" you may find what you're looking for.

:beer:

chris fresh
12-08-2011, 08:36 PM
Blue Point is just Snap-On's house brand so to speak- same company. You could try contacting them , but from what I've found online they aren't very helpful with this welder (I also have an MB120A), as they have not sold it in a very long time, and once they stop sourcing something from another company, they basically turn their back on the product- been down that road with them on testers, jacks, jack stands, etc. :mad:

If you have a manual or parts list for the welder, and would be willing to share a copy or .PDF of it, I'd be very appreciative. Got my welder second hand years ago and it didn't come with any paperwork.

Neal.

wow!,completely forgot about this post.i don't have any paper work either,bought mine for 60 bucks from a local pawn shop about 8 years ago and welded a ton of stuff with it.it still works,but i need to put some time in on it.i use my promig 180 a couple times a week,but theres things i need a 110 machine for.so i figured instead of buyin a new 110,i'de fix this one.

only thing wrong with it really is the o-ring in the gun leaks,i've replace it,but it still does it over time and the liner is pretty beat up.but thanks for the info,sorry i couldn't help on the paperwork.

chris fresh
12-08-2011, 08:37 PM
i found a place on the web that had some parts for welders/plasmas that were sold under the truck brands and various other names.

search "mig welder parts" you may find what you're looking for.

:beer:

i thank ya sir!

Monkey Milk
12-31-2012, 10:54 AM
I know this post is old but I just got one of these and thought I would update the info in-case anyone else needed it.

The website below has the drive assembly.

http://www.weldingandcutting.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=334-635-000

Drumtech
07-30-2013, 08:38 AM
I know this is an older thread, however I wanted o get the information out there to save people from having to do all of the searching.

These welders were made by a company in West Chester Pennsylvania called Systematics. The website is 800ABCweld.com

Their phone number is 610-696-6040. All of the components are available through them. Simply call them with the model number and the serial number and ask for the tech department. They have most manuals in digital format and can usually email you with the manuals.

you can email your information to them at techservice@800abcweld.com

MIG300SM, SFS1192, Snap-On Power supply, Snap-On wire Feed

jabberwoki
07-30-2013, 08:01 PM
Good on ya mate it`s always good to have info.

kansei
08-07-2013, 08:26 AM
Thanks much for the info- greatly appreciated!

Neal.