View Full Version : Neighbors Leaves Falling

chief ben
11-15-2011, 08:05 PM
I have cut down all my trees do to danger of falling on the house or shops,
all of my neighbors have Big Big Oak trees and all there leaves fall and they will not pick them up, so when the wind blows I get all there leaves and I have to pick them up and do something with them,
Any Idea on How To Get Them To Pick Up There Leaves????
We Live In The County, No Law On Leaves.
And they Have A Law About Shooting Ass holes, But None On Leaves.
Any Advice would help :headscrat

Need4racin
11-15-2011, 08:06 PM
Don't live so close to your neighbor.

OldMechanik
11-15-2011, 08:06 PM
Get a blower and send them back to the neighbors!

3 at 8
11-15-2011, 08:09 PM
Buy a rake, and stop acting :supergay:

thecj3man
11-15-2011, 08:10 PM
What if it was a vacant lot? Do you expect somebody to come pick up leaves?

Judging by the countless threads on this site concerning neighbors that are massive assholes, I would say you have it lucky.

Tjc
11-15-2011, 08:16 PM
Fence.

chief ben
11-15-2011, 08:16 PM
Well G Thanks Guys,

tdkkart
11-15-2011, 08:20 PM
Who picks up leaves??
I've mowed twice since the leaves started falling, I'll probably hit it one more time before taking the mower deck off for the winter.

allinon72
11-15-2011, 08:25 PM
What do you want them to do, come rake your yard? I'm all for personal responsibility but this is a bit ridiculous.

Stuart in MN
11-15-2011, 08:29 PM
The leaves falling on your lawn are your responsibility, that's just the way it is.

Ric in Richmond
11-15-2011, 08:32 PM
Seriously?

First thing my neighbor said when I moved is was "finally someone to take down that tulip poplar...it is a big mess every year!".

I said..."looks healthy to me. Blow the leaves in my yard if you'd like. Have a nice day"

They never did...have a nice day. Glad when they moved.

Life is too short to start a fight over leaves blown in from afar....

kwb
11-15-2011, 08:32 PM
Leaves are your problem - tree falls or branches come off then it can go a variety of ways.

http://realestate.findlaw.com/neighbors/home-neighbors-trees.html
http://www.ehow.com/facts_8653413_leaves-responsibility-property-tree-owner.html
http://www.justanswer.com/law/3omf1-legally-responsible-fallen-tree-leaves-end-neighbors.html

boostedgt
11-15-2011, 08:35 PM
i have a big oak tree and i love windy days in fall!

KermitFrog
11-15-2011, 08:37 PM
Sorry, leaves falling in your yard are one of the facts of life that has to be learned. Leaf blower is about the best thing you can do - send them back to where they came from, blow them away! :)

I live on a dirt road, the dust kicked up from the speeding hicks that fly by has made my mailbox really dirty. What should I do? :badteeth:

rickairmedic
11-15-2011, 08:40 PM
I did my last mowing/first mulching a couple weeks ago and will most likely do 2 more mulchings before the snow flies . I used to rake and bag but 70+ bags at a time just plain got old that and most of my neighbors also have trees so I could pick up mine and then be picking theirs up for weeks . I will mulch 3 times starting late october early november and ending just before december usually . The pinoak is being a little lazy this year and still holding alot of leaves so it may be one more mulching before I am done .

Rick

taterdog
11-15-2011, 08:42 PM
I sure am glad I live a busy enough life to not worry about the migration patterns of leaves

Brentocool
11-15-2011, 08:44 PM
Get a blower and send them back to the neighbors!

I;m a Toyota tech in Chicago. You guys staying busy down there?

srmofo
11-15-2011, 08:45 PM
I feel ya , I only have a few small trees, but I live on a corner lot and catch all of the trash and leaves blown in from the wind. It a part of life and I would never dream of asking a neighbor to clean their leaves from my yard, even though I swear, I rake up more leaves than my neighbor with all the big damn trees in their yard. Jokes on them though, I get all of the shade on my house in the summer without the trees to trim around, branches to pick up, and trimming to be done.

powerplant
11-15-2011, 08:52 PM
My retired neighbor is anal about every single leaf that blows in his yard. We both have about 1.5 acre yards with 15-20 mature trees. Quite frankly I don't have the want or the time to clean up leaves all the time. Because I have a neighbor on the other side of me who also let's them fall I just try to time it right before the snow flies... get out there and chop them up with the mower a bit and call it good. I could see being pissed if the are steeling your crap, dogs biting you or your kids, they are killing your pets/animals, dealing drugs, sex offenders oggling your 10 year old girl or something of the sort.

There are much worse things a neighbor could be doing in my opinion, they are just leaves dude.

jake00
11-15-2011, 08:54 PM
Is this a real post?

Dickey
11-15-2011, 08:54 PM
It is an honest frustration. The problem would exist regardless of tenants in the neighboring properties, but their behavior exacerbates the issue and I believe that is what is rubbing Chief Ben the wrong way. From his perspective, if these people would just do some minimal lawn maintenance the issue would be less of a hassle on his end and that doesn't seem like too much to ask. To which I do not believe anything is to be gained by asking them to do a better job on maintaining their lawns.

Chief Ben, honestly I think the best mitigating item would be a fence like Tjc said. It won't remove the trouble entirely and you had best choose a material that won't rot when the leaves pile up against it to hold moisture in place year after year, but it should help lessen the amount of detritus coming your way. Were I in your position, that is what I would do.

Lomotil
11-15-2011, 08:55 PM
Why on Earth anyone would want to rake any leaves is beyond me. That's free fertilizer that returns nutrients into the ground. The soil under oak trees makes excellent potting soil.

Just mow over the leaves and be thankful you're getting free yard fertilizer.

woody 73
11-15-2011, 08:55 PM
You are not going to like my answer, but have you ever heard one mans trash is another mans treasure? I live in the city and every fall I drive out and load my car with as many bags of my neighbors leaves as I can haul. I must have at least over 100 bags and some of them are heavy.

I wish I had a mulching machine because my lawnmower is not powerful enough to chop them up; but with that being said I put those leaves over all the flower beds, it drives my wife insane but in the spring those flowers look fantastic and I don't have to fight too many weeds.

Something along the lines of; if life hands you a lemon then make lemonade!

bczygan
11-15-2011, 08:56 PM
If I were you, I would have some harsh words with the idiot who chopped down all your trees without determining if they were healthy or not, thus depriving you of their oxygen, shade from the sun, protection from cold and wind and pleasant view......oh, it was you!

DodgeZ
11-15-2011, 08:58 PM
My old neighbor use to blow his grass clippings in to my yard.

Flatland Dave
11-15-2011, 08:59 PM
Rake burn repeat.

KermitFrog
11-15-2011, 09:06 PM
My old neighbor use to blow his grass clippings in to my yard.

Why is he your old neighbor? Did he "disappear"?

I was thinking about mulch, good idea.

I just had to build a fence because my neighbors grand-kids were riding their 4 wheeler right up to my house. He has 4 acres for them to ride on yet they ride within 50ft of my house. I wish I had the neighbors leaves in my yard problem. Much simpler. Leaf blowers are awesome fun! I have pine needles, leaf blowers don't work as good on them.

Lomotil
11-15-2011, 09:23 PM
Leaf blowers are awesome fun!

Hell yeah, they are! Easiest way to clean out a chiminea or outdoor fireplace, too.

Even better when you're pissed off at a neighbor that chopped down a tree on your own property and the wind is blowing in their direction. Especially when they've moved out and put the house on the market. :evil:

djjsr
11-15-2011, 09:28 PM
When my neighbor's dog farts, it usually drifts over into my yard. I'm thinking I should call the EPA.

Any advice would help.

hmbemis
11-15-2011, 09:33 PM
I've got a neighbor who is out EVERY. DAY. clearing the leaves off his 1/8 acre... I'm talking trees still have more than 50% foliage, but he's still out there going crazy...

I wait until around now (did it last week) and run them over w/ the mower set to mulch... if the layer gets too thick I suck them up into the bag and redistribute, bag or dump into compost heap...

I have one small tree in my yard, all other neighbors have lots of trees... it's a fact of life that "their" leaves will fall on "my" yard. I'm free to anally clean my yard, or I'm free to do nothing...

Lomotil
11-15-2011, 09:44 PM
When my neighbor's dog farts, it usually drifts over into my yard. I'm thinking I should call the EPA.

Any advice would help.

:lol_hitti :lol_hitti

Brenden
11-15-2011, 09:57 PM
My mower picks up my leaves.

I recommend a better mower. You should probably also take up drinking, it may calm the leaf frazzled nerves...

Rickster
11-15-2011, 10:10 PM
What doesn't get blown away by the wind or whatever the wind blows onto my lawn doesn't matter... I mulch them all up. This time of year I have to double cut the lawn. First pass knocks them down and the second pass leaves them mulched into confetti for the lawn to digest.

copterdoctor
11-15-2011, 10:18 PM
I wonder what happens the NEXT time the wind blows? or is there some sort of leaf vortex thingamajig happening in your yard?

Lomotil
11-15-2011, 10:25 PM
What doesn't get blown away by the wind or whatever the wind blows onto my lawn doesn't matter... I mulch them all up. This time of year I have to double cut the lawn. First pass knocks them down and the second pass leaves them mulched into confetti for the lawn to digest.

Totally unrelated, but I love the doggy in your avatar. :)

Brad54
11-15-2011, 10:32 PM
Some people just have too much fucking time on their hands.
I believe you might be one of them.

Rather than run the risk of an ongoing war with your neighbor over biodegradable leaves floating from his yard into yours, I suggest that for the peace and tranquility of the neighborhood, you find yourself a hobby.

Have you tried picking fly shit out of pepper? This strikes me as something you might be well suited for.

-Brad

spooler41
11-15-2011, 10:54 PM
What didn't you know ,about wind and trees,when you moved in there? It's like blaming the neighbor, for your place getting wet when it rains.

...............Jack

DodgeZ
11-15-2011, 10:54 PM
Some people just have too much fucking time on their hands.
I believe you might be one of them.

Rather than run the risk of an ongoing war with your neighbor over biodegradable leaves floating from his yard into yours, I suggest that for the peace and tranquility of the neighborhood, you find yourself a hobby.

Have you tried picking fly shit out of pepper? This strikes me as something you might be well suited for.

-Brad

We have some really nice folks around here.

mrobins297aaa
11-15-2011, 11:11 PM
Leaves?.........never pick em up,
I kinda just cut what comes up and if the leaves are laying there they get cut also.

Tarheelgarage
11-16-2011, 02:13 AM
I never rake my leaves and they blow over into the neighbors yard every year.

If he don't like it, he can just kiss my ass.:thumbup:

ctb
11-16-2011, 04:54 AM
See your point but if you enjoy the shade in the summer then dont bitch about the leaves come fall.:)

GTO
11-16-2011, 05:55 AM
all of my neighbors have Big Big Oak trees and all there leaves fall and they will not pick them up, so when the wind blows I get all there leaves and I have to pick them up and do something with them,

Did you honestly think that by cutting all your trees down,you would get out of raking leaves in the fall ?
This thread is a joke,right.

michael Mccoy
11-16-2011, 06:01 AM
Hey Chief, they broke your balls. I think by spending so many years at sea without seeing leaves is what we call "What comes around goes around". It"s your turn to see how the rest of the world lives. All in fun, AB 3, U.S.S. Ranger CVA 61

TN_GARAGE
11-16-2011, 06:07 AM
Hell yeah, they are! Easiest way to clean out a chiminea or outdoor fireplace, too.

Forget cleaning out a chiminea. Try using a leaf blower to accelerate the fire in a chiminea. Good times. :)

z28snksknr
11-16-2011, 06:36 AM
The OP's neighbor:

"My jerk neighbor doesn't have the common courtesy to blow my leaves back on to my property so I can use it for mulch and fertilizer. I may call the city and complain that he is stealing my leaves. He cut down all his trees and now he wants MY LEAVES??!! The nerve of that guy"

If you can, find something else to distract you from the trajedy of leaves blowing onto your lawn. Go for a nature walk in the forest.

TAftw
11-16-2011, 06:46 AM
Seriously?

First thing my neighbor said when I moved is was "finally someone to take down that tulip poplar...it is a big mess every year!".

I said..."looks healthy to me. Blow the leaves in my yard if you'd like. Have a nice day"

They never did...have a nice day. Glad when they moved.

Life is too short to start a fight over leaves blown in from afar....

Our neighbors took a tree down because they said it threw shade on our garden on the other side of the fence :beer:.

Seriously though, certain parts of the country have wars over trees and leaves. IMO it's ridiculous, just pick up the leaves that are in your yard and leave your neighbor alone. If he picked up his leaves you'd still be getting crap blowing into your lawn anyways.

ratdoggy
11-16-2011, 06:53 AM
Cut your grass short. I used to do that where I used to live (lazy a$$ neighbors) and they would just blow off my lawn (assuming they weren't wet). It really cut down on my cleanup.

powerplant
11-16-2011, 06:55 AM

-Brad[/QUOTE]

My Dad always used to tell me he was going to get me a job doing this when I was younger.... something about if I didn't do good in school this is the kind of job I would end up in.

kartracer23
11-16-2011, 06:59 AM
I'm in the same boat - zero trees in my yard - and it's fenced (except for the driveway) - and I still get tons of leaves. Oh well - I just mulch them. Now what ticks me off is when my neighbor's lawn service intentionally blows grass clippings / leaves into my yard or against my curb so that they don't have to pick any of it up. After I went off on them a few weeks ago, bet they change their practices.

If you need to make much for a flower bed or something, here's an easy trick: Take a plastic garbage can and in the lid, cut a slot to the center and drill a 2" hole right in the middle. Take your trimmer, remove the guard (most of them have a blade to cut the string), advance your line to just under the diameter of the can. Fill the can about half full with (dry) leaves and then put your trimmer in through the slot so the shaft is in the hole...and mulch away. You can take care of a lot of leaves really fast and the fact that they're in the can makes them easy to move wherever you need to dump them.

Old Donn
11-16-2011, 07:01 AM
Is this a real post?

:thumbup: BAMM!

FrankLee
11-16-2011, 07:03 AM
This thread really made me laugh.

Five years ago, my next door neighbor and I had a falling-out over the leaves falling from my tree onto his driveway and gutters. He said he was embarrassed to have visitors to his house because of the mess and he would have to sue "someone" if he fell off his ladder cleaning his gutters.
Here's a picture of his driveway after he came over told told me to cut down the tree.

The tree is still standing.

Shadowdog500
11-16-2011, 07:32 AM
Move to the city!

Chris

dirttracker18
11-16-2011, 07:34 AM
Lots of trees between me and my neighbour :)

Got one word for you, mulcher. Avoid the dispute and mulch late in the year after it looks like all the leafs have dropped.

It takes care of the leaves and fertilizes your yard for the spring. If you have a rider you can do your neighbours as well, just to be neighourly. Kill 'em with kindness.

When we went away on a trip once I asked the neighbour to keep an eye out on our house. We returned to 6 inches of snow from 2 days ago and he had plowed his driveway but not mine. Not that I should expect it but he knew we were out of town and he was plowing anyway.

So for now on I make sure to plow his driveway whenever I can. Especially when he is out of town. :)

daveblank
11-16-2011, 07:43 AM
I can't believe it. Everyone is suggesting that the OP do work. Rake leaves, blow them into the neighbors yard, mow them to mulch.......I think my idea is the easiest. Move into an apartment.

Mickey O
11-16-2011, 07:47 AM
I have the solution, starting in the spring/summer as the leaves are coming in go over to your neighbors trees and put their initials on each leaf, be sure to use a permanent marker. Then when the leaves fall on you property in the fall you'll know whose they are and can take appropriate action, from asking the neighbor to remove their leaves from your property to calling the cops or even filing a lawsuit, having their name on each of the leaves in permanent marker will ensure you win if you have to file a lawsuit.

Another great idea might be to use a large inflatable dome over your entire property when the leaves are coming down to prevent the leaves from getting on your property.

Dickey
11-16-2011, 08:02 AM

Five years ago, my next door neighbor and I had a falling-out over the leaves falling from my tree onto his driveway and gutters. He said he was embarrassed to have visitors to his house because of the mess and he would have to sue "someone" if he fell off his ladder cleaning his gutters.
Here's a picture of his driveway after he came over told told me to cut down the tree.

Dammit Frank! This is why people can't have nice things. hehe

I'm thankful not to have neighbors that are that touchy.

PeepingScott
11-16-2011, 08:20 AM
Another internet bully thread...

The OP asks a question he's concerned about, and has to deal with what seems a typical response: Insults and jokes(I like jokes when appropriate). One hurled insult sparks a chain reaction it seems...gang mentality. Not a common occurrence if face to face...again...

I've got a neighbors tree who's leaves end up in my yard, but over the fence, and a lot of them...on the roof too, so I've had to put up gutter guards to keep the gutters clean. Every year there are more leaves. This year out of frustration, I sent some of their leaves back over their fence. They don't rake theirs up, so they'll never know. I hate everything about that tree, it drops sticky shit in the Spring time all over my patio, and drops a lot of leaves in the Fall. It's their tree, so there is nothing I can do but wish it dead...I do wish it dead...
Same goes with the OP, really, there is nothing you can do but deal with it, as messy as it is. I feel your pain...

mikester
11-16-2011, 09:16 AM
This thread is too funny ! I try to cut my grass short like ratdoggy and let the crap from my lazy neighbors blow right past my yard. Sad to say it doesnt work as well as it should and I get stuck with a crapload of leaves every year. My mower has a belt driven bagger so I keep mowing up until the end of this month. I dump the chopped up leaves into my landscape trailer and take them to the compost site. Last year I had 2 loads at close to 1200 lbs a load. It sucks because I have to get help to have it unloaded. Thats a lot of mulched leaves.

GirlnAgarage
11-16-2011, 09:26 AM
LOL we have this same thing going on.

Just suck it up and rake your yard. I know, still is work. Still sucks. But if you like your neighbor it's not a big deal. Also depending on your mower and the size of your place you might can mow the up with the bagger.

FrankLee
11-16-2011, 09:26 AM
In many states, you have a legal right to cut back tree branches to the lot line as long as it will not kill or otherwise harm the tree. My neighbor tried this but ended up stripping the bark two feet down on a couple of the branches... dumbass.

google "trees neighbors".... lots of info.

Nighttrain
11-16-2011, 09:40 AM
Dang Chief you must have a target on your back!

Miter Wrench
11-16-2011, 09:46 AM
Wow, tough crowd.

We had two 70-foot trees removed next to our driveway before fall this year. We still got a crapload of leaves from our other trees and the neighbors. Rake 'em, leaf blower, do nothing - you won't see any leaves next summer. They all disappear.

meissen
11-16-2011, 09:47 AM
What annoys me more is when my new neighbors used a blower and blew the leaves from their own trees in their yard directly into my yard. Annoying, but not enough to actually say anything to them about it.

mrholeshot
11-16-2011, 10:22 AM
I think some things are just beyond peoples control. While it's an inconveinace some things you just have to deal with. With fall comes falling leaves and with mother nature comes the wind. I'm sure he has the same problem if he has a guy on the other side of him. If he was using a leaf blower to blow them over on your property I could understand you being aggitated at him. I think keeping a good neighbor relationship is much better than holding him responsible for what mother nature does. Just my 2 cents

Coach James
11-16-2011, 10:27 AM

I'm confused. I don't see anything wrong with his driveway. What happened to it?

Coach

SuperSocket
11-16-2011, 10:46 AM

I have the same problem at work and at home. I just have to pick them up... not much you can do about it.

Skysurfer
11-16-2011, 10:50 AM
I picked this up at a yard sale for ten bucks. Looks to be 30-40 years old but runs perfect. Every time I use it I wonder why they don't make these any more, it's way better than the vacs that have to be carried around.

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd11/ojaijohn/IMG_0002_1.jpg

larry_g
11-16-2011, 11:03 AM
I picked this up at a yard sale for ten bucks. Looks to be 30-40 years old but runs perfect. Every time I use it I wonder why they don't make these any more, it's way better than the vacs that have to be carried around.

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd11/ojaijohn/IMG_0002_1.jpg

Similar item;
http://www.troybilt.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/category2_10001_14102_54997_54995_54995_-1

I have one branded cub cadet and us it a lot on the hard surfaces, deck and drive. I also use it in the shop to clean the floor of sawdust and dirt. Beats the hell out of the shop vac for the open areas.

lg
no neat sig line

eldirector
11-16-2011, 11:11 AM
To the OP, and others that complain about neighbors: either get a bigger lot (less neighbors) or get a condo/apartment. Maybe a neighborhood with an HOA would be to your liking, so everyone can be made equally miserable by all of the rules. Seriously. If dealing with "life" is so difficult, then put yourself in a better situation, rather than try to make everyone conform to your wishes. That's just not going to happen.

We live in a decently wooded neighborhood, and I bagged up 20+ 30 gallon bags of leaves last weekend, after mulching almost that much for our flower beds and gardens. Sure it is work, but I get free compost out of it, and shade from those same trees in the summer. I also got to watch my little girl play in the leaf piles, and shoot the bull with another neighbor out doing the same work.

SuperSocket
11-16-2011, 11:20 AM
Similar item;
http://www.troybilt.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/category2_10001_14102_54997_54995_54995_-1

I have one branded cub cadet and us it a lot on the hard surfaces, deck and drive. I also use it in the shop to clean the floor of sawdust and dirt. Beats the hell out of the shop vac for the open areas.

lg
no neat sig line

Hmm... wish I had thought of this before I spend 4 hours raking up bags and bags of leaves....

FrankLee
11-16-2011, 11:20 AM
I'm confused. I don't see anything wrong with his driveway. What happened to it?

Coach

He didn't like all those small leaves on the edge of his driveway and roof.
This is the same guy whose wife makes him sit down to pee! LOL!

PCO6
11-16-2011, 12:47 PM
I picked up an old commercial leaf blower like the one below as a restoration project. My neighbour says I'll never get it done. I tell him he's the reason I WILL get it done. :lol:

SuperSocket
11-16-2011, 01:31 PM

I would have told him that he couldn't sue anyone if he was pushed off that ladder :lol_hitti

Hobbit
11-16-2011, 02:06 PM
I hear this guy is for hire.

"Lee County officials have arrested Harvey Updyke in connection with the Toomer's Corner tree poisoning, WTVM-TV in Columbus, Georgia reports.

According to the report, Auburn police arrested Harvey Almorn Updyke, 62, from Dadeville, and charged him with criminal mischief for applying an herbicide to the historic oaks at Toomer's Corner."

trbomax
11-16-2011, 02:50 PM
For crists sake,just grow up and deal with it. If thats all you have to worry about you need to go looking for a life because you dont have one.

2chipped
11-17-2011, 01:51 PM
Omg, I'll bet his squirrels have stolen your nuts as well. As well as his birds debasing your car mirrors. No more bffs for you2!

c/o say
11-17-2011, 07:46 PM
MY dad always says GOOD LORD PUT EM THEIR HE CAN TAKE EM AWAY. He never said that when I lived at home. It was more like hey Rick rake the yard. lol

Will67
11-17-2011, 08:33 PM
To the OP, I say your neighbor has thrown down the gauntlet with his out of control leaves...I think any law enforcement agency would totally side with you, so get a 50cal rifle and shoot the neighbor and burn his house down and bang his wife!!
:lol_hitti:lol_hitti:lol_hitti

Frank The Plumber
11-17-2011, 08:51 PM
I like oxygen. Last I heard I need oxygen. So far, and I say this with real caution, oxygen is free. No tax. No fee. If these are white oak leaves you can sell them to people who keep some types of fish, they use them to condition the water.
Did I mention the oxygen part? I like to rake my leaves on a sunny fall day. The really delightful ex neighbor I had thought I should cut down my tree because it put leaves in his gutter. He cried and whined like a sissy. This required oxygen. He sent me a bill from his landscaper for cleaning leaves. I sent him a bill for oxygen. He took me to court. He argued that his bill was legitimate, I countered of course. After about three minutes the judge called him to the bench. He told him to stop being such a tiny little baby kitten. Just for clarity he had the court reporter read back the transcript, she did not write tiny little baby kitten. She wrote what he really said. For the next three years he would whine and I would just say meow. hehehehe. He moved to Arizona, he has no grass or nothing now. Now he cries that the sun is too hot and the dust is blowing across his lot.

Straightgrain
11-17-2011, 10:04 PM
A 90 year old neighbor, two doors down, gets worked up about the pine needles from my next door neighbor's tree falling in his driveway. Even though he can barely walk, he regularly sweeps them up and dumps them on my neighbors porch!?

My next door neighbor went to a lawyer to find out what his legal rights are concerning leaves and needles from his tree falling on someone else's property. He found that he's not leagally responsible for the leaves from his tree, and that you can cut branches from someone else's tree extending into your property. He ended up getting the tree trimmed himself before the old guy had a chance to touch it.

Everyone in my neighborhood has trees, I have 9 big ones (2 Red Oaks, 1 Live Oak, 2 Elms, 3 Pecans and a Plum tree). A fact of life around here is that everyone's leaves are always blowing into everyone else's yard. I just mulch them back into the grass as much as possible. When there are too many leaves to mulch, I'll rake them into piles and throw them away when I get room in my trash barrels.

Drunken Yak inc
11-17-2011, 10:36 PM
I think the only "Adult" way of handling this is to go over and shit on the hood of his car... Nothing says your displeased with your neighbor's inaction on leaf control like shitting on their hood...

six-T-seven
11-17-2011, 10:57 PM

I'd say the neighbor isn't the one that's the asshole.

six-T-seven
11-17-2011, 11:03 PM
Another internet bully thread...

The OP asks a question he's concerned about, and has to deal with what seems a typical response: Insults and jokes(I like jokes when appropriate). One hurled insult sparks a chain reaction it seems...gang mentality. Not a common occurrence if face to face...again...

BACK button is up top ...