View Full Version : Concrete slab prices

THEE MAVERICK
02-09-2012, 08:20 PM
new member here, just curious as to what you guys are paying for concrete slabs , price per sq ft. ?? i recently had some work done and it was 4.50/sqft w rebar

ive gotten a quote for a 50x60 slab, (for a 40x60 shop) and it was 17k, cash. thats 5.60 a sq/ft that includes everything from tearing down some small trees, and leveling, to finishing the concrete in a broom finish....

Dan in Pasadena
02-09-2012, 08:34 PM
A much, much smaller quote I just got to add a strip 4' wide to my driveway for 40 ft was $6 a square foot, or $960 and I thought that was an okay price. Welded wire fabric in it only. No demo, just digging out and forming. This is a 5" deep slab by the way. Just FYI.

THEE MAVERICK
02-09-2012, 08:47 PM
A much, much smaller quote I just got to add a strip 4' wide to my driveway for 40 ft was $6 a square foot, or $960 and I thought that was an okay price. Welded wire fabric in it only. No demo, just digging out and forming. This is a 5" deep slab by the way. Just FYI.

thanks for the response. are you in pasadena tx? i have had some wide range of qoutes. from 4.50 to 12 bux a sq foot. the slab will not require a pump truck because they can drive the truck to the back of the property. 50x60 is a huge slab, but 17k for some concrete sure can kill the mood, for the working man.

Mossmilo
02-09-2012, 09:00 PM
I'm getting 32x48 garage done tomorrow. I had all the gravel already in there but they came leveled/graded it put a drain in and are pouring the concrete 4 inches thick for $3 a square foot. 4600$. How much is concrete down there?

THEE MAVERICK
02-09-2012, 09:14 PM
I'm getting 32x48 garage done tomorrow. I had all the gravel already in there but they came leveled/graded it put a drain in and are pouring the concrete 4 inches thick for $3 a square foot. 4600$. How much is concrete down there?

sounds good, is that with rebar? i just had some work done on my house and after talking i now know that the driveway on my house built in 2006 does not have rebar and thats why its already cracking...the work they did was very nice.

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x413/lonestar60/DSCN3524.jpg
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x413/lonestar60/DSCN3525.jpg
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x413/lonestar60/DSCN3527.jpg

Falcon67
02-10-2012, 09:48 AM
The driveway flat work next door with dirt work, forms and rebar was $4.50 sq/ft. concrete varies depending on who you order from. One company here is over $100, another is around $86. Usually shop/garage slabs with dirt work run $5 up a sq/ft. Depends on the contractor. this is why you get detailed quotes - one guys $5 may not be what you get from another guy for $5.

ive gotten a quote for a 50x60 slab, (for a 40x60 shop) and it was 17k, cash. thats 5.60 a sq/ft that includes everything from tearing down some small trees, and leveling, to finishing the concrete in a broom finish....

IMHO, that's a deal there.

FXDawg
02-10-2012, 10:21 AM
Hey Maverick, How many bodies you got in the trunk of that towncar?

Is that why you need the concrete poured?

K'ledgeBldr
02-10-2012, 11:03 AM

TOWNCAR!
Me thinks you're in need of corrective lenses.

P1et
02-10-2012, 11:06 AM

C'mon, that's a Fleetwood maen!

FXDawg
02-10-2012, 11:11 AM
TOWNCAR!
Me thinks you're in need of corrective lenses.

Indeed I do!

C'mon, that's a Fleetwood maen!

I stand corrected...not really up on that kind of ride...

My sincere apologies for anyone I may have offended and undying gratitude for the education in the err of my way!!!

But still...WTF is in the trunk??

P1et
02-10-2012, 11:16 AM
Probably something like this:

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/2/4474/1209/23683104004_large.jpg

Cheap5.0
02-10-2012, 11:24 AM
It varies by state, and some other factors unknown to me.

Around here, ive been quoted $2.5-$3.25/ft. That includes the site prep and cement work, for 4" fiber slabs. Those are from reputable people, not friends or the like.

Gary S
02-10-2012, 12:02 PM

Maybe the trunk is empty. Does it have air bag suspension like the Lincolns? Most of the Lincolns around here sit like that after they are a few years old.

stingry
02-10-2012, 01:38 PM
new member here, just curious as to what you guys are paying for concrete slabs , price per sq ft. ?? i recently had some work done and it was 4.50/sqft w rebar

I know this has nothing to do with your question, but why would you want a broom finish instead of a smooth finish in a shop??

Cheers
Steve

TXShelbyman
02-10-2012, 04:06 PM
I just had a 50X40 slab poured here in TX. It was 10K. (and I had to dig out the roots in the chainwall)

1grnlwn
02-10-2012, 04:20 PM
Oxymoron? A Cadillac with a continental kit?

Viriiguy
02-10-2012, 04:29 PM
Come on guys, can you not tell he has bagged the suspension? ;)
It sits that way, because he has spent a considerable amount of money to make it do that. With his fully bagged suspension, He should be able to pull off a nice 3 wheel motion, pancake, side to side and all those other cool car dances :)

red
02-10-2012, 04:40 PM
I just had a 50X40 slab poured here in TX. It was 10K. (and I had to dig out the roots in the chainwall)

Since his slab is 50% bigger, the pricing is close. Check out the previous work of the contractors you're considering. A two year (or more) slab can tell a lot about the quality of the prep and pour. Concrete has gone though the roof with pricing, as our dollar continues to be worth less.

Dan in Pasadena
02-10-2012, 04:58 PM
thanks for the response. are you in pasadena tx?.Nope, California

Jason641
02-10-2012, 06:53 PM
I just had a 38x48 slab poured 4-5" thick w/ thickened edge. Was right at 30 cubic yards of concrete w/ fiber mesh. I removed the topsoil and graded,and bought the gravel and had it halfway spread around for them. They came and finished leveling the gravel, laid 6mil poly, formed, and finished the concrete to a glass smooth finish. I have $5700 in it total for materials and labor so that is just a hair over $3.00/SF

socapots
02-10-2012, 09:52 PM
Probably something like this:

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/2/4474/1209/23683104004_large.jpg

to each his own.. but id think its not something like that.

socapots
02-10-2012, 09:55 PM

Id guess 2 pumps 4 batteries.
maybe 4 switches on the dash..
Either way its a nice lookin ride.
and nice driveway addition as well.

popeye31
02-11-2012, 09:10 AM
Any one in louisiana had concrete pored lately im in Kenner and so far I got a qoute for 475 with rebar.

Riverside
02-11-2012, 09:27 AM
In NC I was quoted $9,800 for a 30 x 50 slab with grading and gravel. (~6.50/ft.)

John Timmins
02-11-2012, 09:35 AM
I got a quote for $800 plus concrete for a slab about 10x20. The slab would be 4' with a header around all the edges. The fiber mix or rebar would depend on what the building inspector/city engineer required...probably not rebar since street work was just done w/o rebar.

A group called 5 yard concrete wanted about $375 minimum for delivery. So I'm figuring $1200 +/-. This is for a light duty slab near my work shop.

There would be some grading / scraping done before the forms which could be done with a small Bobcat.

Remember, nobody gets paid much in Florida.

THEE MAVERICK
02-12-2012, 06:51 PM
lol been a few days, and no its not a towncar. its a cadillac. its a triple black ex funeral car, and its cherry. and its paid for, thanks

and socapots, yes its 2 pump 4 batt lay and play 4 switch on dash with my nardi wheel too, thanks for the compliments, now back to the concrete discussion.

THEE MAVERICK
02-12-2012, 06:57 PM
Indeed I do!

I stand corrected...not really up on that kind of ride...

My sincere apologies for anyone I may have offended and undying gratitude for the education in the err of my way!!!

i dont do fords....

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x413/lonestar60/DSCN3516.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x413/lonestar60/DSCN3502.jpg
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x413/lonestar60/handsign2.jpg

THEE MAVERICK
02-12-2012, 07:02 PM
I know this has nothing to do with your question, but why would you want a broom finish instead of a smooth finish in a shop??

Cheers
Steve

so you dont bust your ass when its wet or oil on the floor...

Come on guys, can you not tell he has bagged the suspension? ;)
It sits that way, because he has spent a considerable amount of money to make it do that. With his fully bagged suspension, He should be able to pull off a nice 3 wheel motion, pancake, side to side and all those other cool car dances :)no airbags, i prefer hydraulics.

Since his slab is 50% bigger, the pricing is close. Check out the previous work of the contractors you're considering. A two year (or more) slab can tell a lot about the quality of the prep and pour. Concrete has gone though the roof with pricing, as our dollar continues to be worth less.

aint that the truth...

I just had a 38x48 slab poured 4-5" thick w/ thickened edge. Was right at 30 cubic yards of concrete w/ fiber mesh. I removed the topsoil and graded,and bought the gravel and had it halfway spread around for them. They came and finished leveling the gravel, laid 6mil poly, formed, and finished the concrete to a glass smooth finish. I have $5700 in it total for materials and labor so that is just a hair over $3.00/SF

any reason you chose mesh over rebar?

Id guess 2 pumps 4 batteries.
maybe 4 switches on the dash..
Either way its a nice lookin ride.
and nice driveway addition as well.
:rocker:

THEE MAVERICK
02-12-2012, 07:08 PM
ssdfg

Galaxie
02-12-2012, 07:25 PM

You didn't say how thick, we got a 60x40 that averaged 7" for around $13K. Included compaction, what little forms were needed and grinding the top afterwards. They pretty much took the cost per yard and doubled it for their work. Fiber with no rebar. Weren't overly impressed with the price, think it could have been cheaper.

THEE MAVERICK
02-12-2012, 07:42 PM
You didn't say how thick, we got a 60x40 that averaged 7" for around $13K. Included compaction, what little forms were needed and grinding the top afterwards. They pretty much took the cost per yard and doubled it for their work. Fiber with no rebar. Weren't overly impressed with the price, think it could have been cheaper.

did they build it up, or have to clear any trees? im wanting it built up pretty tall...this is going to be the end of the road for me, so i want it done right, and built to last. the folks that did the previous work for me have been in business about 10yrs. they were here at 8am as promised and worked until the sun went down. i was very impressed. i was anticipating a 40x60 building on a slab with plumbing was going to cost me around 30k....doesnt seem to far off so far...

any reason u went with mess instead of rebar?

Galaxie
02-12-2012, 08:04 PM
They hauled maybe 10 yards in, we hauled the rest and had it close to level. They finished and compacted then poured with a 1" every 10' slope to the doors.. This was inside our new shop, no need for rebar with the packed base 4K psi mesh concrete. Heaviest we will have inside will be 30K or so. Our concrete runs around $100/yard delivered I know that varies greatly around the country.

socapots
02-12-2012, 09:01 PM
and socapots, yes its 2 pump 4 batt lay and play 4 switch on dash with my nardi wheel too, thanks for the compliments, now back to the concrete discussion.

i cant believe i got it right. lol.
Looks good man.
I put a nardi in my glasshouse last year. Love it.
sorry for the side track again.

THEE MAVERICK
02-12-2012, 09:23 PM
i cant believe i got it right. lol.
Looks good man.
I put a nardi in my glasshouse last year. Love it.
sorry for the side track again.

pics of glasshouse? ive been wanting on lately. theres one on ebay 1976 impala, its blue, 18k original miles, probably the nicest in the world

Jason641
02-15-2012, 08:29 AM
any reason you chose mesh over rebar?

I was going to go with rebar and wire mesh, and changed my mind at the last minute. I looked at some other slabs in big barns with heavy tractors driving on them every day that were done with only fiber mesh and they have held up great. The guy I hired did one of the barns I looked at. My building is a pole barn so the slab isn't supporting the building at all. I know re-bar is the best way to go, I am a civil engineer and deal with concrete design every day, but for what I am going to use it for and not supporting any type of structure I stuck with the fiber only.

socapots
02-15-2012, 10:11 PM
pics of glasshouse? ive been wanting on lately. theres one on ebay 1976 impala, its blue, 18k original miles, probably the nicest in the world

got alot i would like to do to it. But going to wait until the first project is finished.. at this point that could take forever. lol.

But here are some pics of the glasshouse. Glad i got it, and i'll never look back.

with some chinas on it from the first project.
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i93/socapots/glasshouse/IMG_4557.jpg

interior with the nardi.
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i93/socapots/glasshouse/IMG_7926.jpg

colorbar
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i93/socapots/glasshouse/IMG_8917.jpg

and finally. i got some tru classics to put on. waiting the arrival of some spacers for the front so they clear the calipers.
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i93/socapots/glasshouse/IMG_7569.jpg

There is a guy that sells from time to time on ebay with some pretty nice cars. pretty much perfect original mileage cars.

stingry
02-16-2012, 08:07 AM
so you dont bust your ass when its wet or oil on the floor...:rocker:

Possibly a "broom" finish is different where you come from but here it is a very rough finish that you would find on a sidewalk or driveway. I have never seen this used on a shop floor. It would be impossible to clean up spilled liquids and even broom off the dust and debris. It's Your floor but I would find out from the contractor exactly what type of finish you would be getting. My shop has a typical power trowelled finish and being slippery has not been a factor.

Cheers
Steve

stingry
02-16-2012, 08:46 AM
To answer your original question, I paid right at $6 per sq ft for a 3650 sq ft slab. The price included: 12" of fill dirt (I provided the fill, they loaded and hauled 3 miles),site prep and compaction, concrete pump, 5" slab with 6x6 steel mesh, power trowelled finish with saw cuts and extra labor for two guys to lay 2"EPS and help me lay PEX tubing for infloor radiant heat. Concrete around here is about $90 per yard delivered.

To just pour a simple 4" slab would probably be in the $4 per sq ft area with minimal site work.

Cheers
Steve

financer83rs
02-16-2012, 10:14 AM
In Maine i have seen $96 to $110 per yard. Not including the form and rebar which i did myself all three times I needed concrete poured.

THEE MAVERICK
02-19-2012, 09:27 PM
got alot i would like to do to it. But going to wait until the first project is finished.. at this point that could take forever. lol.

But here are some pics of the glasshouse. Glad i got it, and i'll never look back.

with some chinas on it from the first project.
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i93/socapots/glasshouse/IMG_4557.jpg

interior with the nardi.
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i93/socapots/glasshouse/IMG_7926.jpg

colorbar
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i93/socapots/glasshouse/IMG_8917.jpg

and finally. i got some tru classics to put on. waiting the arrival of some spacers for the front so they clear the calipers.
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i93/socapots/glasshouse/IMG_7569.jpg

There is a guy that sells from time to time on ebay with some pretty nice cars. pretty much perfect original mileage cars.

nice g-house. tru's will go nice with it. are u on LIL?

i sold the big body i bought a 62 ht

FltEngCPO
02-19-2012, 09:53 PM
I'm in Oklahoma City and have a 30' x 40' monolithic slab (7-8" edges and 4-5" center, with four deep pours for the lift) with rebar and a 140 linear feet of 2' x 2' footings (2 up and 2 down rebar) and a 2" raised office area (20' x 10') for $8K (a little over $6.50 a square foot inclusive). It included all prep work from a flat surface, all materials.

socapots
02-20-2012, 01:24 PM
nice g-house. tru's will go nice with it. are u on LIL?

i sold the big body i bought a 62 ht

Thanks man. im glad i went the tru classic way. At first i was not sure, but once i got them in hand i loved the look. lol.
Yeah im on Layitlow. Since 01. used to be on another site i cant remember the name of now before that. i think it was lowrideronline or something like that.

Congrats on the new purchase. The 62s are sweet. Im still waiting to get time to get back to work on my 63. going through a full frame wrap.

if your on LIL try remember to check out the Winnipeg topic. Lotsa good guys and some nice rides in there. Im socapots on there too.

and to the last guy about the concrete prices. I think thats about what we are paying up here. My plan is to get some pricing this summer. not sure how much it changes year to year though.

THEE MAVERICK
02-20-2012, 10:12 PM
yea i seen the name on LIL. i been on there since early 02 but got banned lol. lone star on there.

socapots
02-20-2012, 10:30 PM
lol.
good stuff man.

Deltarat
02-20-2012, 10:52 PM
$4.50 per square foot is pretty much the going rate here, but the company and built my shop did it for $2.65. That was the difference in me building it and letting them do it.