To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

A 15mm swivel Socket???

Zeroek

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,091
Location
Indiana
So I bought the harbor freight set of 3/8" swivel sockets and they didn't give me a 15mm with the set. I really don't want to spend like 25 bucks for one 15mm swivel socket off a tool truck so anyone got any ideas?? I'm gonna try ebay and see what I can find there.
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

jay50

Banned
Joined
Oct 28, 2007
Messages
3,894
So I bought the harbor freight set of 3/8" swivel sockets and they didn't give me a 15mm with the set. I really don't want to spend like 25 bucks for one 15mm swivel socket off a tool truck so anyone got any ideas?? I'm gonna try ebay and see what I can find there.

$25 would get you the cardboard box that a set of SO swivel sockets were packed in....:lol_hitti
 

Crossthread

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
103
Unless you need it, just add an ebay saved search to send you results everytime one gets added.
 
OP
Z

Zeroek

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,091
Location
Indiana
I didn't want to get a set of tool truck brand for home use so $20 for a set without the 15 is alright. Just wondering where I can snag one cheap.
 

Fedwrench

ALLIANCE MEMBER
Joined
Dec 9, 2007
Messages
14,981
Location
Valley of the sun
Given the fact that used tool truck stuff can often go for more than it would cost new on Ebay, I would try one of the online tool vendors (tooltopia, toolsource, toolwarehouse, etc.) and get a Sunex, Grey Pneumatic, K-line, SK, or possibly a Genius 15mm model to round out your set.
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

Deafautotech

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 5, 2007
Messages
7,653
Location
Indianapolis, Indiana
i own many 15mm swivel socket (both impact and chrome sockets)... i am still used them at all...

are you need shallow or deep? you can find good or normal price for used one but they are not cheap...

Chrysler and Ford used a lot of 15mm sockets...
 

Danglerb

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 6, 2007
Messages
9,736
Location
SoCal
The HF $30 set of 1/2" drive swivels includes a 15mm.

There is also a 15mm Snapon swivel on ebay for $38 shipped.

Also a nice set of swivel extension impacts for $209.
 

Danglerb

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 6, 2007
Messages
9,736
Location
SoCal
I think missing sizes are the penalty you pay for the really cheap teaser sets, my $12 set of 1/2 drive deep impact metrics 10mm to 24mm skips 15 and 18. I'm almost ready to buy the $17 set that skips 16mm but has 15, 18, and 27, 30 and 32mm.

I may keep 1/2" impacts all cheap, and buy something better for 3/8" drive.
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!
Top Bottom