View Full Version : Rotary Lift SP84 bleeding / Maintenance

HWgeek
04-25-2008, 12:41 PM
I am just finishing installing my rotary SP84-2 lift. Got it off of CL a little while back, and had to clean up the garage to get it in... too many toys and projects ;-)

I haven't been able to find anything about bleeding the air out of the vertical cylinders / pistons. It looks like there is a screw or some such on the top of the cylinder. Looking to confirm if that is the case, ie open it up and run the pump so the fluid pushes the air out??

I tested the lift and the far post clearly has air in the cylinder. Takes more time to start lifting, and when lowering (using a human as a weight) one can bounce up and down like compressing air.

Also if anyone has a pdf / scan / paper maintenance manual that I could get, that would be great. Specifically if it has part #'s diagram breakouts etc...

Thanks much!

W-Cummins
04-25-2008, 01:26 PM
Call Rotary and they will e-mail you ( or fax) you the manual for you lift. if you can't get yours I could maybe find mine from the sp98 to send to you

william...

jezlberry
04-25-2008, 06:39 PM
Raise the lift until just before the first lock Loosen the screw on top of the Idler side cylinder until you hear air hissing out. The carriage will start dropping until the oil starts coming out. Repeat for the motor side, and then put a car on your lift!:)