View Full Version : tool warranty return information

plinker
09-14-2008, 03:56 PM
I figured I'd share this information, some is from this site and from other websites and e-mails I've sent.

If anybody has anything to add, please do.

Channellock, Inc,
ATTN: Return Tools.
Route 102,
Meadville PA, 16335
All Channellock tools carry a life-time warranty on manufacture's
defects and defects in workmanship. We do not guarantee the tool if it
has been abused, altered or worn out from use.
If you have a tool that falls under our warranty policy, you have a few
options. You can either try stores like Lowes, Home Depot, Ace
Hardware, True Value, Do-It-Best stores and as long as they have the
same tool in stock, they should replace it for you. (I suggest you take
our 800-724-3018 number with you. Many times the individual associates
are not aware of the policy. Just ask them to give us a call). Another
option would be to send the tool back to us at the factory and we will
be glad to replace it from here. It can be sent to: Channellock, Inc,
Route 102, Meadville PA, 16335, ATTN: Return Tools.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SK hand tool co.
Attn warranty dept.
9500 W 55th st.
McCook IL 60525

800 U CALL SK

S-K will send you rebuild kits free if you call them or they will replace the ratchet if sent to them
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thorsen
Olympia group inc.
P.O. box 90490
City of industry
Ca, 91715-0490

Danaher Tools customer service (Armstrong / K-D Gearwrench / Allen /Easco)
1-800-688-8949
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matco tools: You can send tools back to them for warranty replacement. You do have to sign up on there website as a customer however. www.matcotools.com
Mac tools: Warranty Returns
(for purchases made from our Web Store and from Distributors)
Products are covered under various warranty periods. Mac Tools warranties products through our distributors. If you currently are not serviced by a distributor, you can return your Mac Tools items for warranty to:
Consumer Warranty Returns Department
Mac Tools
4380 Old Roberts Road
Columbus, Ohio 43228
Your return will be evaluated and items that fall within our warranty will be replaced. Allow 2 to 3 weeks for processing and replacement. To ensure your return reaches us and that we have all information needed to warranty your items, please provide the following:
1. Put a list of the tools inside the carton.
2. Put your name, address and phone number inside the carton.
a. Phone Numbers are required
b. A Physical Address is required(no PO Box)
3. Keep a copy of your tracking number and a list of items sent back.
4. Mac Tools encourages you to insure the package for the replacement value of the tools.
Items that have failed under our warranty will be replaced.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stanley PROTO;
LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY

The Stanley Works and Proto Industrial Tools (collectively referred to as “TSW/Proto”) warants any of its Proto® manufactured products for the useful life of the product against deficiency in material or workmanship.
Torque Wrenches, Multipliers and Testers are warranted for one year, except for calibration which is warranted for 90 days from date of purchase. Torque products can be repaired and recalibrated for a nominal charge at the Stanley-Proto Authorized repair center (2195 East View Parkway, Suite#103, Conyers, GA 30013). Defects in material or workmanship will be repaired or replaced at no cost, all other repairs will be at a nominal charge. Torque products are precise measuring devices that require care in handling. Stanley Proto recommends that all micrometer wrenches be recalibrated once a year or more, depending on usage.
To ask questions about, or to make a claim under, this Limited Lifetime Warranty, contact your Stanley-Proto Territory Manager.

STANLEY PROTO INDUSTRIAL TOOLS
2195 EAST VIEW PKWY. STE. 103
ATTN: WARRANTY RETURNS
CONYERS, GA. 30013

When I purchased the Harley socket set, it came with a 2-page letter from Harley to their dealers dated May 15, 2006. It says in part:

"Snap-on, our Licensee of Harley-Davidson branded hand tools, hand-carry tool boxes, and tool storage units, will not be renewed. Snap-on's sell-off ends September 30, 2006. General Merchandise has no plans to reassign branded hand tools to another Licensee at this time."

It later goes on to say, under Overall Snap-on Warranty & Repair:

"All dealer and customer service questions relating to Snap-on product warranty and repair should be directed to Snap-on Inc. now and into the future. Dealers can contact their Snap-on representative or www.snapon.com <http://www.snapon.com> for additional information.

Warranty replacement claims can be administered by calling Bahco (Snap-on Industrial) for a return goods authorization number (RGA) at 800-867-8665, Attention Cathy Moore. Harley-Davidson branded product will be available while supplies last. Once the H-D inventory is depleted, replacement will be with an equivalent item."

It then gives the address as:

Harley-Davidson Warranty Claim
c/o Bahco North America
6969 Jamesson Road
Midland GA, 31820
JH Williams tool co.
For warranty returns,
send your product to
the address below and please include your
name, address and daytime phone number.
J.H. Williams Tool Group
Warranty Information Center
6969 Jamesson Rd.
Midland, GA 31820
Lisle Corporation
807 E. Main Street
P.O. Box 89
Clarinda, IA 51632-0089
Phone: (712) 542-5101
Fax: (712) 542-6591
info@lislecorp.com <mailto:info@lislecorp.com>

wilbilt
09-14-2008, 04:21 PM
Craftsman Tools:
Waste Management
http://www.wm.com/index.asp

Address:
1001 Fannin, Suite 4000
Houston, Texas 77002

wantedabiggergarage
09-15-2008, 09:10 AM
Craftsman Tools:
Waste Management
http://www.wm.com/index.asp

Address:
1001 Fannin, Suite 4000
Houston, Texas 77002

Cute,

I have replaced Craftsman tools that were missing pieces before, AND are catalog only. Here is the proceedure:
Make sure the item you have still has the item number on it (in the case of flex sockets, you need the bottom section of the socket).
Go into a full Sears store (I believe the Sears essentials are not full Sears stores and have some restrictions).
The cashier can do it, but as they don't know how, a manager is normally required. They call Sears 800 number (may or may not be different then the one I am aware of), they give the stores number, their employee number, and the item number. They take it from you and you get a new one (catalog only items) in the mail. Was less then 7 days for me (item was in stock).

For items that are missing, they ONLY need the item number, as it shows it is a Craftsman part. Turn it in under the satisfaction guarentee.

And an old site that I don't know how up to date it is (KD became a subdivision of Armstrong and moved a few years back, so I don't know current address), xcelite my father did use their lifetime warranty to replace a broken nutdriver.

http://www.geocities.com/rab_cdg1/tools.htm