To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

Ok, I think I have came to a final design...

DigitalFusion

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 24, 2008
Messages
110
Location
Minnesota
Its going to be 32' x 45', 9' sidewalls, 8'x10' overhead doors, and radiant heat. My funding literally got cut in half, so now I have to do all of it myself with the help of any friends who are willing.

Anyone have any comments or suggestions?
 

Attachments

  • Henkel_45x32_9Side.jpg
    Henkel_45x32_9Side.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 73
  • Henkel_45x32_9Side_inside.jpg
    Henkel_45x32_9Side_inside.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 160
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!

6th Gear

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 17, 2008
Messages
261
Location
Ohio
looks like I wouldn't get much work done in your garage :bounce:

I like it though. Not sure of your long term plans, but you may want to consider a full wall w/ door between the garage area & rec area to help with the resale value. Then you could call it a "guest suite"

But personally, I like the idea of mixing the two :thumbup:
 

MXtras

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 17, 2005
Messages
1,356
Location
On the Right Coast
I second the wall idea. Attach it in a manner that would make it somewhat easy to remove if your use for the space changes (which it will).

Scott
 
OP
D

DigitalFusion

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 24, 2008
Messages
110
Location
Minnesota
good points guys..

My old garage was 27x29 and was just as much a winter weekend hangout for all my friends as it was a place for me to work on things. This garage will be the same. There is a reason there is no wall there, I actually will be putting in a retractable curtition type wall. If I walled it off, there wouldnt be enough room to actually play pool!
 
Last edited:

Charles (in GA)

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
12,489
Location
50 mi south of Atlanta
9 foot eave won't do you much good. I know your budget got cut but you need to figure out how to make at least one bay high enough to accommodate a lift, if not for you, but for the next owner. Someday you will be wanting a lift and asking here about how to change the trusses or whatever else is possible to fit the lift. Do it now and it will be ready.

Charles
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!
OP
D

DigitalFusion

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 24, 2008
Messages
110
Location
Minnesota
I wouldn't build in the workbench island, I would put it on wheels so the space can be more flexible.

Its not built in, I just didnt model it. The far wall will be built-ins, teh "L" is two seperate cabs which will be on wheels (already have the nice HD wheels from the cabs in my last garage).

9 foot eave won't do you much good. I know your budget got cut but you need to figure out how to make at least one bay high enough to accommodate a lift, if not for you, but for the next owner. Someday you will be wanting a lift and asking here about how to change the trusses or whatever else is possible to fit the lift. Do it now and it will be ready.

Not really interested in a lift. Also, I would never get the price of designing/building the garage to fit a lift and/or putting in a lift back when we go to sell. Furthermore, this garage needs to be attractive as its going in our front yard basically. I dont want a monstrosity of a garage out there cause when we do go to sell this place it will kill the curb appeal. Hell, I actually really wanted 8' sidewalls but it was just too much of a squeeze with the 8' overheads.

what about a frog?

whuuut?

what kind of software did you use to make that model?

Google Sketchup. It does have a small learning curve to it, but if you watch the videos on it it cuts that learning curve time in half.
 
OP
D

DigitalFusion

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 24, 2008
Messages
110
Location
Minnesota
ahh. that would be stellar, but then I would have to violate my rule of making he garage as least noticeable as possible by adding the bonus room trusses.
 
To avoid these ads, REGISTER NOW!
Top Bottom