View Full Version : Harbor Freight Coupon Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Stillboardin
07-02-2011, 01:50 PM
Very cool. Glad they didn't pull the same thing on you as they did me.

les_garten
07-02-2011, 01:55 PM
I was on the site about 2 weeks ago, and it was listed as on sale, clearance, and on back order.

It still let me order it, so I figured it was worth a shot.

Price was $36.47, and then I put in SALE20 for a coupon code.

I received a tracking number earlier this week and should have it in a few days.

I don't know why it is back on the site at normal price.. I figured it was discontinued.

You were pretty quiet about that deal...

archirelic
07-02-2011, 02:01 PM
You were pretty quiet about that deal...

That's what I was thinking!!

:lol_hitti:lol_hitti:lol_hitti

PowerDubs
07-02-2011, 02:53 PM
I didn't know there was a harbor freight thread on here at the time. I'm not on here much.

les_garten
07-02-2011, 02:54 PM
I didn't know there was a harbor freight thread on here at the time. I'm not on here much.

Well...

If you find another deal like that, you'll know where to post if for your Homies!

:bounce:

bigbubba
07-02-2011, 05:17 PM
Anybody have a coupon for the cheap 120volt mig welder ? I remember it going on sale for like 89 bucks but can't locate a coupon .

Thats the one i'm looking for as well:beer:

my73ss454
07-03-2011, 10:26 PM
I thought I saw that for tomorrow only (July 4) there is a 25% off coupon. Anyone have one to post or link to? Thanks in advance.

dodge610
07-03-2011, 11:22 PM
I thought I saw that for tomorrow only (July 4) there is a 25% off coupon. Anyone have one to post or link to? Thanks in advance.

Ditto on that i would like to go tomorrow and pick up aa few things if we can get someone to post or link that coupon thanks guys.

bczygan
07-03-2011, 11:30 PM

http://www.bargainez.com/printable-coupons/2011/07/25-Off-Any-Single-Item-Harbor-Freight-Tools-Printable-Coupon1.png

muibubbles
07-03-2011, 11:32 PM
^^ haha beat me to it..

25% off for 4th of july...
http://widgets.harborfreight.com/wswidgets/common/displayCoupon.do?week=2611&campaign=b&page=25percent.html&single=true&cust=99999999999&keycode=1036

bimmerZ5
07-04-2011, 09:30 AM
here are some current coupons to a few items that are pretty good value:

http://images.harborfreight.com/hftusa/itc/7791/images/4.jpg
http://images.harborfreight.com/hftusa/itc/7791/images/41.jpg
http://images.harborfreight.com/hftusa/itc/7791/images/54.jpg
http://images.harborfreight.com/hftusa/itc/7791/images/80.jpg

Altec
07-04-2011, 11:05 PM
Oh! Been wanting that drain plug set! :)

Nick_Escalante
07-05-2011, 12:13 AM
Oh! Been wanting that drain plug set! :)

Yeah, I've been eyeing that set for a while, but is it worth having? Since having a hex socket set, which I have, solves alot of the size issues.

Just thinking about it and seeing zero reviews on the website, shows me it is not a popular seller I guess. But then again, it does come with a custom case IIRC....

http://www.harborfreight.com/12-piece-drain-plug-socket-set-94961.html

airbatica
07-05-2011, 12:17 AM
I would really like to know if anyone has seen a new coupon for the 41" Top Box for the rolling tool cabinet.

bimmerZ5
07-05-2011, 12:59 AM
Yeah, I've been eyeing that set for a while, but is it worth having? Since having a hex socket set, which I have, solves alot of the size issues.

Just thinking about it and seeing zero reviews on the website, shows me it is not a popular seller I guess. But then again, it does come with a custom case IIRC....

I just got that set and I think it's worth having. A lot of the "hex/allen" sockets that look like a cut off allen key shoved into a socket are rather long. These sockets are one piece and are shorter which makes it easier to reach into tight places, e.g., the transmission tunnel might be narrow and not have a lot of space to remove the fill plug or if the differential is in front of a spare tire well, there might not be a lot of room behind the diff drain/fill plugs. I think this set would come in handy in situations like that vs the usual allen/hex sockets.

Facom use to make some really nice drain plug sockets but they seem to be hard to find in the US market now. They were available when Facom was part of SK Tools...

slimshady_2469
07-05-2011, 01:14 AM
anyone have a coupon for the 90amp flux welder? its on sale for 119 but i know it goes lower. please if anyone has anything let me know because i believe i will be going there tomorrow. thanks!

SQ is the SQUAD
07-05-2011, 08:04 AM
anyone have a coupon for the 90amp flux welder? its on sale for 119 but i know it goes lower. please if anyone has anything let me know because i believe i will be going there tomorrow. thanks!

if you pay more than 89 you got ripped off, i always see it for 89.

Tom2
07-05-2011, 09:07 AM

Yea, just keep your eyes peeled. It goes for $89-$109 pretty often. Check mens magazines at a bookstore. They usually have the best coupon prices. Even if you spend $5 on the mag, it's worth it for a good coupon.

WhoWhatNow
07-05-2011, 10:10 AM

Enjoy!

Altec
07-05-2011, 10:39 AM

I'm mainly interested in the square drive plug sockets. I was just working on a Jasper crate engine the other day that had those plugs, and I didnt have a socket for it. Ended up sticking the square end of a tap in them...

slimshady_2469
07-05-2011, 10:55 AM
thank you whowhatnow!

edit: actually can you tell me what the numbers by the bar code are? when i zoom in it gets too blurry for me to read. thanks again!

Nick_Escalante
07-05-2011, 03:46 PM
Well, I picked up the drain plug set, adding to my HF collection. I like the blow-mold case to store the sockets which is a nice feature to help keep things together and not lost.

A nice set for $9.99 w/ ITC coupon. Regular price is $16.99 IIRC. Now, how many times I will use this set in my lifetime is another story.... not being a professional wrench, but it's a nice addition to my home garage collection of tools.

WhoWhatNow
07-05-2011, 03:47 PM
thank you whowhatnow!

edit: actually can you tell me what the numbers by the bar code are? when i zoom in it gets too blurry for me to read. thanks again!

Sorry, I didn't see your reply until now. The numbers are:

Altec
07-05-2011, 04:21 PM
Well, I picked up the drain plug set, adding to my HF collection. I like the blow-mold case to store the sockets which is a nice feature to help keep things together and not lost.

A nice set for $9.99 w/ ITC coupon. Regular price is $16.99 IIRC. Now, how many times I will use this set in my lifetime is another story.... not being a professional wrench, but it's a nice addition to my home garage collection of tools.

Thanks for the pictures! Helps me know what package I'm looking for. What isle was it down if you don't mind me asking?

jeepfan93
07-05-2011, 05:44 PM
I did restock my red rags, blue nitrile gloves, got 3 rolls of solid 18x72 inch tool drawer liner and a 1/4 in drive torque out the door for $31. Pretty happy.

fatboyf150
07-05-2011, 05:52 PM
Thanks for the pictures! Helps me know what package I'm looking for. What isle was it down if you don't mind me asking?

They are in the automotive isle.

bimmerZ5
07-05-2011, 06:47 PM

yup, i think it's a nice set too... for me, i think i will only ever use the 14mm and 17mm hex sockets on my own cars. but i have friends that bring their cars to me for help on maintenance and i'm sure some of the other sizes will come in handy. but generally speaking, a lot of modern cars don't require gear oil changes in the transmission or diff that frequently anymore; but it will be useful when you do need it.

I remember paying $21 just for a single 14mm allen/hex socket from Facom a few years back. So, for less than half the price of the Facom, this is a set of much more; certainly great value.

fr0mastaj
07-06-2011, 04:07 PM
thank you whowhatnow!

In case you are still looking for the coupon. Here is a picture of one i just got in the mail today. Let me know if you need me to scan it instead.

fr0mastaj
07-06-2011, 04:15 PM
Has anyone seen a super coupon for the Rolling Double sided parts rack that is less than $80? (Currently $100 - regular 20% off coupon)

http://www.harborfreight.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/370x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/i/m/image_3287.jpg

SuperSocket
07-07-2011, 10:36 AM

This is one of those things you buy and may never use... but when the time comes you would give the world to have a set handy.

I'm thinking of picking up a set like this, at that price you just can not beat it.

diggerrick
07-08-2011, 12:00 AM
I picked up the drain plug set also. I'm not really sold on it yet though. For $10 I probably won't return it, but if it doesn't come in handy in the next couple months it's going in the next garage sale.

bimmerZ5
07-08-2011, 12:45 AM
I picked up the drain plug set also. I'm not really sold on it yet though. For $10 I probably won't return it, but if it doesn't come in handy in the next couple months it's going in the next garage sale.

that doesn't make any sense... are you planning to change the oil in a gear box or diff any time soon? why would you buy the set if you don't have any plans to use any of it?

Wingnut65
07-08-2011, 07:01 AM

Agree with bimmer, the week after you get rid of it will be the time that you need it. Guaranteed!

SuperSocket
07-08-2011, 08:20 AM

I need to come to your garage sales :spit:

diggerrick
07-08-2011, 08:43 AM
that doesn't make any sense... are you planning to change the oil in a gear box or diff any time soon? why would you buy the set if you don't have any plans to use any of it?

Nope, not planning on it.

It was one one of those "this coukd come in kinda handy, and IT'S ON SALE" moments. The only sizes I don't already have covered are the 11mm & 5/16" squares. Are the 2pc hex bit sockets really that much weaker than the these 1pc sockets? Notice these are "Pittsburgh" label, not the newer, better "Pittsburgh Pro" line. I questioned the strength and hardness of the sockets before I put them in my cart, but I guess there's only one way to find out. Have any of you actually used them?

I feel the same way about these Torx bits I also picked up:

http://images.harborfreight.com/hftusa/itc/7791/images/46.jpg

But for $2, they were hard to pass up. I already have those size sockets. I haven't replaced the pads on my '05 Chevy 1/2 ton yet, but my understanding is it uses a T55, not the T40, 45,or 50 in this set.

c240classic
07-08-2011, 11:53 AM
Anybody have current coupons of the 1/4 , 3/8 and 1/2 drive torque wrenches? I need it Asap. Thx

bimmerZ5
07-08-2011, 01:02 PM
Anybody have current coupons of the 1/4 , 3/8 and 1/2 drive torque wrenches? I need it Asap. Thx

check over at slickdeals.net for their HFT coupon thread.

Jaguar Fan
07-08-2011, 01:58 PM
Any thoughts on this cart? is it any good at this price, or is it junk?

Carl B
07-08-2011, 03:14 PM
Hi Jag Fan:
I was in our local HF Store a couple days ago. I looked at their 13 drawer roll cab, the Black cart and this red cart. I'm thinking of buying one or more of the three for my son.

First let me say that I am just amazed at how well made all three of these specific units are. I have an old Craftsman top box - that I've had for 40 years - and a Snap-On Top/Bottom/Side box that I've had for about 20 years. With both of them as my benchmark - I believe that the offerings listed above from HF are perhaps as close in quality as anything I've looked at lately. They would be a great value for twice the money or more. No they are not Snap-On quality - but far above anything in their price range at full retail.

The red cart is somewhat larger than the black one - and if you need the extra capacity it is perhaps built a little stronger as well. Nonetheless the black one would be easier to get around in the garage and for $99.00 it is really hard to beat.

If you can - I suggest going to the HF Store and look them over yourself. If you can't then I would not be afraid to recommend the red one to anyone - especially at $169.99 or lower. Amazing value for your money.

FWIW,
Carl B.

Ric in Richmond
07-08-2011, 03:18 PM
Hi Jag Fan:
I was in our local HF Store a couple days ago. I looked at their 13 drawer roll cab, the Black cart and this red cart. I'm thinking of buying one or more of the three for my son.

First let me say that I am just amazed at how well made all three of these specific units are. I have an old Craftsman top box - that I've had for 40 years - and a Snap-On Top/Bottom/Side box that I've had for about 20 years. With both of them as my benchmark - I believe that the offerings listed above from HF are perhaps as close in quality as anything I've looked at lately. They would be a great value for twice the money or more. No they are not Snap-On quality - but far above anything in their price range at full retail.

The red cart is somewhat larger than the black one - and if you need the extra capacity it is perhaps built a little stronger as well. Nonetheless the black one would be easier to get around in the garage and for $99.00 it is really hard to beat.

If you can - I suggest going to the HF Store and look them over yourself. If you can't then I would not be afraid to recommend the red one to anyone - especially at $169.99 or lower. Amazing value for your money.

FWIW,
Carl B.

I was very disappointed in the black chests....but the red ones were VERY nicely done. I'd seriously consider one and this price is great....

bimmerZ5
07-08-2011, 03:35 PM
Hi Jag Fan:

FWIW,
Carl B.

I'm just curious, since you're using craftsman and snap-on as a benchmark in forming your opinion about these HF ones; what specific qualities are you're comparing?

Carl B
07-09-2011, 08:28 AM
Hi bimmerZ5
Good question. Nor is it an easy one to give short answers too. Quality is defined by the customer after all. Customer requirements also change over time...

I guess I look mostly at form, fit , function - followed by structural design, materials and construction techniques.

Not consciously at the time, but now looking back at what I usually - actually do; I look at form - the layout in terms of what tools I have or will have - and where would they go in a tool box. Usually I find myself pulling out the drawers - at first about an inch - then I try to wiggle them side-to-side. I also then pull the drawer to full extension - and apply opposing pressure to each side of the drawer - up on one side - down on the other. Just to get a feel for the rigidity of the drawer and an idea of how they would function when loaded over time.

If the tool box passes the initial look and feel test - usually I look more closely at the structural design, materials and construction techniques.

The sheetmetal in both my SO and the HF boxes would seem to be about the same - relatively thin. Both simply bend sheetmetal to form the bottom and sides of the drawers. In my SO box they use drawer dividers inside the drawer s, either front to rear, or side to side - to reinforce the drawer. Kind of an "T" beam suspended between the two sides or ends and adding strength to the bottom. The HF box uses a boxed sheetmetal frame under the drawer for the same reason - but it leaves the drawer fully open inside. {a nice feature IMHO}.

The drawer slides on my SO box are spot welded to the sides of the drawers. This adds greatly to the strength of the drawer - and all but eliminates side to side movement. The down side is that you have to use a "tool" to remove the drawer and the slides are not roller types - so effort to open/close them when fully loaded is pretty high. {Newer SO boxes may be using roller or ball bearing slides now}.

The drawer slides on the HF box are roller type and they are not welded to the drawers. HF uses rivets to attach the slides to the sides of the drawers. So you do have a bit more side to side play - the upside is that the drawer slides could be easily replaced if necessary - and they can be removed with the flip of a latch. The slides themselves on both boxes are certainly strong enough to hold a drawer full of tools for many many years. On the HF box, with drawers more than 4" deep - they use two slides on each side of the drawers as well.

On both SO and HF where sheetmetal is overlapped - like the front or rear ends of the drawers - they are welded together. HF folds the sheetmetal over on the top edge of the sides of their drawers - about 1/8". This adds strength to the sides. SO doesn't - I believe because welding the drawer sides to the sides of the drawers accomplishes enough strength.

I'll mention that both SO and HF top boxes have their lids attached via piano hinges that are riveted to the back & top.

Both are painted - my SO is bright and shinny - making it relatively easy to clean, the HF box is painted with a rough finish - I don't know how that will stand up over time, or how hard/easy it would be to keep clean.

The HF box has nicer casters - they are larger in both diameter and width - than my SO box. But then the HF box is more a "roll cab" which is quite a bit wider than my SO which is more a "bottom box".

I worked in an engineering environment for 30+ years - and we could always debate any technical detail. Everything seems to be a trade-off of some type. No question that if we got a group of guys together - sat the SO box beside the HF box - we could argue endlessly about the overlap areas of sheetmetal and how many spot welds or rivets should be used. Likewise we could argue about how strong something really has to be to do the job and how much margin should be included in the design etc etc.

All that agreed too - I think that the HF box stacks up pretty well in terms of design, quality build and materials. Personally I like some of the design features of the HF box a little better. I am also quick to admit that I bought the SO box mainly because I wanted to give myself the top rung item at the time - - one that 99% of the mechanics and car nuts I know agree is the "BEST". I could easily afford it and I've always been very happy with that decision. Now twenty plus years older and wiser... I don't know if I'd make the same choice today. $400.00 for the HF box vs $4,000.00 for the SO.... Or for that matter $400.00 for the HF box vs $1500.00 for a used SO...??? All depends on what you want far more than any difference in objective quality trade-off's.

I'd also say that both companies are giving their customers what the Customers want.

Like I said - I'm not saying that the HF box is "as good" - just that in most regards it comes pretty close for one tenth the money - and that it is perhaps as good as any home garage will ever need - its a pretty "smart buy".

FWIW,
Carl B

archirelic
07-09-2011, 08:48 AM
@Carl B: Pretty thorough and qualitative assessment based on your needs/wants desires. I wish more reviews of items followed a similar style & format.

Jaguar Fan
07-09-2011, 10:03 AM
Hi Jag Fan:

FWIW,
Carl B.

Carl, thanks for your opinion & write-up!

Jaguar Fan
07-09-2011, 10:07 AM
Hi bimmerZ5
Good question. Nor is it an easy one to give short answers too. Quality is defined by the customer after all. Customer requirements also change over time...

I guess I look mostly at form, fit , function - followed by structural design, materials and construction techniques.

Not consciously at the time, but now looking back at what I usually - actually do; I look at form - the layout in terms of what tools I have or will have - and where would they go in a tool box. Usually I find myself pulling out the drawers - at first about an inch - then I try to wiggle them side-to-side. I also then pull the drawer to full extension - and apply opposing pressure to each side of the drawer - up on one side - down on the other. Just to get a feel for the rigidity of the drawer and an idea of how they would function when loaded over time.

If the tool box passes the initial look and feel test - usually I look more closely at the structural design, materials and construction techniques.

The sheetmetal in both my SO and the HF boxes would seem to be about the same - relatively thin. Both simply bend sheetmetal to form the bottom and sides of the drawers. In my SO box they use drawer dividers inside the drawer s, either front to rear, or side to side - to reinforce the drawer. Kind of an "T" beam suspended between the two sides or ends and adding strength to the bottom. The HF box uses a boxed sheetmetal frame under the drawer for the same reason - but it leaves the drawer fully open inside. {a nice feature IMHO}.

The drawer slides on my SO box are spot welded to the sides of the drawers. This adds greatly to the strength of the drawer - and all but eliminates side to side movement. The down side is that you have to use a "tool" to remove the drawer and the slides are not roller types - so effort to open/close them when fully loaded is pretty high. {Newer SO boxes may be using roller or ball bearing slides now}.

The drawer slides on the HF box are roller type and they are not welded to the drawers. HF uses rivets to attach the slides to the sides of the drawers. So you do have a bit more side to side play - the upside is that the drawer slides could be easily replaced if necessary - and they can be removed with the flip of a latch. The slides themselves on both boxes are certainly strong enough to hold a drawer full of tools for many many years. On the HF box, with drawers more than 4" deep - they use two slides on each side of the drawers as well.

On both SO and HF where sheetmetal is overlapped - like the front or rear ends of the drawers - they are welded together. HF folds the sheetmetal over on the top edge of the sides of their drawers - about 1/8". This adds strength to the sides. SO doesn't - I believe because welding the drawer sides to the sides of the drawers accomplishes enough strength.

I'll mention that both SO and HF top boxes have their lids attached via piano hinges that are riveted to the back & top.

Both are painted - my SO is bright and shinny - making it relatively easy to clean, the HF box is painted with a rough finish - I don't know how that will stand up over time, or how hard/easy it would be to keep clean.

The HF box has nicer casters - they are larger in both diameter and width - than my SO box. But then the HF box is more a "roll cab" which is quite a bit wider than my SO which is more a "bottom box".

I worked in an engineering environment for 30+ years - and we could always debate any technical detail. Everything seems to be a trade-off of some type. No question that if we got a group of guys together - sat the SO box beside the HF box - we could argue endlessly about the overlap areas of sheetmetal and how many spot welds or rivets should be used. Likewise we could argue about how strong something really has to be to do the job and how much margin should be included in the design etc etc.

All that agreed too - I think that the HF box stacks up pretty well in terms of design, quality build and materials. Personally I like some of the design features of the HF box a little better. I am also quick to admit that I bought the SO box mainly because I wanted to give myself the top rung item at the time - - one that 99% of the mechanics and car nuts I know agree is the "BEST". I could easily afford it and I've always been very happy with that decision. Now twenty plus years older and wiser... I don't know if I'd make the same choice today. $400.00 for the HF box vs $4,000.00 for the SO.... Or for that matter $400.00 for the HF box vs $1500.00 for a used SO...??? All depends on what you want far more than any difference in objective quality trade-off's.

I'd also say that both companies are giving their customers what the Customers want.

Like I said - I'm not saying that the HF box is "as good" - just that in most regards it comes pretty close for one tenth the money - and that it is perhaps as good as any home garage will ever need - its a pretty "smart buy".

FWIW,
Carl B

Again, thank you for your insights!

Carl B
07-09-2011, 10:14 AM
Hi Guys:
Thanks - Glad to add any input that might be helpful.

Carl B.

porksoda
07-09-2011, 01:42 PM
Anyone know of any coupons I can use on their low profile floor jack? All the ones I find exclude floor jacks from the discount.

bimmerZ5
07-09-2011, 02:36 PM
Hi bimmerZ5

FWIW,
Carl B

Carl,

Thanks for your detailed reply. I was mainly curious what qualities people compare when they are looking at tool boxes. Of course, I know this is "your" perspective, but nonetheless I appreciate you sharing. If this forum had a way to give "rep points", I would certainly give you as many as I could right now! :-)

Next time I'm at HFT, I'll take a closer look at their toolboxes. Most of the stuff I have is stainless steel, so I try to continue that trend so that things "match" in my garage. I bought a HammerHead LX stainless tool box (bottom+ top) about 7 yrs ago from Costco for $599 and have been completely satisfied with it and only wish I had gotten a 2nd one now that it is full. I hope HFT will have a stainless one some day...

archirelic
07-09-2011, 02:40 PM
Carl,

Thanks for your detailed reply. I was mainly curious what qualities people compare when they are looking at tool boxes. Of course, I know this is "your" perspective, but nonetheless I appreciate you sharing. If this forum had a way to give "rep points", I would certainly give you as many as I could right now! :-)

Next time I'm at HFT, I'll take a closer look at their toolboxes. Most of the stuff I have is stainless steel, so I try to continue that trend so that things "match" in my garage. I bought a HammerHead LX stainless tool box (bottom+ top) about 7 yrs ago from Costco for $599 and have been completely satisfied with it and only wish I had gotten a 2nd one now that it is full. I hope HFT will have a stainless one some day...

Harbor Freight used to carry a stainless steel version of their chest if I'm not mistaken. In fact, someone on this forum has posted up a picture of it before.

archirelic
07-09-2011, 02:42 PM
In fact, here's what a quick google search turned up. Of course this was as aforementioned, several years ago. Maybe they'll bring it back.

stevepsd
07-09-2011, 03:44 PM
Anyone know of any coupons I can use on their low profile floor jack? All the ones I find exclude floor jacks from the discount.

Here is one for their low-profile 3000lb aluminum jack....even a better deal than this months Inside Track club!

http://www.harborfreight.com/rapid-pump-15-ton-compact-aluminum-racing-jack-68053-html-7814.html

-steve

porksoda
07-09-2011, 04:14 PM
Yea I found that one too but I was really wanting to get their steel low profile one. So really a coupon for that or a percentage off would help. It is 129.99. All the ones I find for 20% off or anything all say "exclude floor jacks". Don't know if there even is a coupon available for floor jacks.

stevepsd
07-09-2011, 05:25 PM
All the coupons I have seen of late all exclude jacks...and compressors, tool boxes...etc, so I think you will have to wait for it to go on sale.:sad:

Carl B
07-09-2011, 07:42 PM
Carl,

Thanks for your detailed reply.
...and...
Next time I'm at HFT, I'll take a closer look at their toolboxes.

Hi BimmerZ5:
My pleasure - I'm always glad to try to answer reasonable quesitons.

I will say that it is important to look closely - when you take a closer look - not all the offerings from HF are of the same quality as that 13 drawer USGeneral industrial box.

FWIW,
Carl B.

Carl B
07-09-2011, 07:48 PM
Here is one for their low-profile 3000lb aluminum jack....even a better deal than this months Inside Track club!

http://www.harborfreight.com/rapid-pump-15-ton-compact-aluminum-racing-jack-68053-html-7814.html

-steve

Amazing...

Decades ago - aluminum racing jacks - with one pump capability were custom made items, offered by very few small speciality shops - and they could easily be $2,000.00 or more.

At sixty bucks - I'll pick up another. None of the cars I work on weigh more than 2500lbs anyway. The aluminum jacks are sooo much easier to drag around the garage than the old steel units.

FWIW,
Carl B.

bimmerZ5
07-09-2011, 07:48 PM
by the way, does anyone know of a current coupon for the earthquake 1/2" drive impact wrench? found one from a few years ago for $80, but haven't seen anything lately. I guess I can get $80 by using a 20% off coupon ($100 normal price).... looking for something better.

bimmerZ5
07-09-2011, 07:59 PM
Amazing...

Decades ago - aluminum racing jacks - with one pump capability were custom made items, offered by very few small speciality shops - and they could easily be $2,000.00 or more.

At sixty bucks - I'll pick up another. None of the cars I work on weigh more than 2500lbs anyway. The aluminum jacks are sooo much easier to drag around the garage than the old steel units.

FWIW,
Carl B.

That particular floor jack looks like one I got under the "Torin" brand, made in China. I saw it at the HFT store and it looked identical minus one handle (the "Torin" branded one had a handle on both sides). I had really bad luck with that floor jack... first it was really weak and had difficulty raising the front end of 3000lbs vehicle (the rear was on the ground). while it did eventually raise it, the bar was visibly bending. After a few months using it, it developed a slow leak and would no longer hold its position. Overall, I didn't feel comfortable using it anymore. It might have just been an isolated incident, but just a point of data for you to consider.

I picked up a 3ton AL floor jack from Costco after that and that has worked flawlessly. The costco one was $100.

Carl B
07-09-2011, 08:05 PM
Good warning - I bought my last aluminun jack from Sam's Club - it was labeled "Goodyear Racing". Also made in china - I've had it about 5 years and so far it's been great. It is not the "one pump" style - as I recall I paid around $100.00 for that one as well. It has a two piece handle... so you can shorten the handle if necessary - like when one end of the car is close to a wall in the garage.
FWIW,
Carl B.

diggerrick
07-11-2011, 02:31 PM
Not a coupon, but a pretty good deal on the large adjustable wrench set:

http://www.harborfreight.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/370x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/i/m/image_2165.jpg

http://www.harborfreight.com/hand-tools/wrenches/15-inch-18-inch-and-24-inch-jumbo-adjustable-wrenches-751.html

15", 18", & 24" for less than $30 with 20% coupon.

That's less than i paid for mine separatley using ITC coupons.

I've used the 15" & 24" already.

weadjust
07-11-2011, 08:24 PM
by the way, does anyone know of a current coupon for the earthquake 1/2" drive impact wrench? found one from a few years ago for $80, but haven't seen anything lately. I guess I can get $80 by using a 20% off coupon ($100 normal price).... looking for something better.

Coupon for 1/2" Earthquake impact can be found at this link for $69.99 exp. 10/7/11

http://a.slickdeals.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=606798&d=1310319295

Steves32
07-11-2011, 10:56 PM
The new Street Rodder magazine (September issue) has a HF 20% off single item coupon in it. Just FYI

thrifty bill
07-12-2011, 08:13 AM
The Harbor Freight store here continues to accept the coupons I download from slickdeals. Its almost impossible to read the numbers on the 20% off coupons, but no problem.

I always keep a stack of the free item coupons: scissors, screwdrivers, flashlight, volt meter, and work gloves. They have dropped the minimum purchase requirement on the free goods! I did join the ITC.

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1276399

soob
07-13-2011, 11:14 AM
Here's a high-res, sharp, printable 20% off that has a decent expiration date. The big print barcode and numbers will always work at the register. You can print it as many times as you want.

fatboyf150
07-14-2011, 08:37 AM
http://widgets.harborfreight.com/wswidgets/common/displayCoupon.do?week=2811&campaign=b_itc&page=coupon1.html&cust=02002841353&keycode=1004&single=true

DARK AGE 53
07-14-2011, 05:39 PM
anyone have a coupon for this spray gun http://www.harborfreight.com/lightweight-high-pressure-spray-gun-93205.html ? Thanks

itsvegas
07-16-2011, 08:48 AM
does anyone have a free clamp coupon (not with purchase of 19.99) that is an online version? my store stopped accepting photocopies!

scott_one
07-17-2011, 02:38 PM
Anybody see a recent coupon for this engine stand for $99? The one I have is expired...

soob
07-17-2011, 04:15 PM
Here it be.

scott_one
07-17-2011, 04:22 PM
Thanks Soob!

nokiafan88
07-18-2011, 09:17 PM
Thanks for the coupons, itc coupons won't work with the card huh ?

nokiafan88
07-18-2011, 09:36 PM
Sorry I meant to say, does hf take ITC coupons without the card?

fatboyf150
07-18-2011, 09:40 PM
Sorry I meant to say, does hf take ITC coupons without the card?

They are not supposed to. But, there are some employees that don't care about their job and take them anyway. YMMV.

nokiafan88
07-18-2011, 09:51 PM
They are not supposed to. But, there are some employees that don't care about their job and take them anyway. YMMV.

I know some of the employees who are super laid back. They care about their job but want to pass the savings and make the customer happy

steve911
07-19-2011, 10:13 AM
I bought a 4000bl racing jack #92782 last November AND I bought the 24 month extended service plan.

My jack started leaking a little and I was going to have it replaced. I went online and guess what.... Its been discontinued.

Am I SOL? Does Harbor have to give me the current model 4000 racing jack that they now sell?

bimmerZ5
07-19-2011, 11:50 AM
I bought a 4000bl racing jack #92782 last November AND I bought the 24 month extended service plan.

My jack started leaking a little and I was going to have it replaced. I went online and guess what.... Its been discontinued.

Am I SOL? Does Harbor have to give me the current model 4000 racing jack that they now sell?

ummm, i think you'd get your best answer if you just call your local HFT store, no? i mean, people here can speculate all day long, and talk about their experience with HFT warranty, but at the end of the day, it really depends on the customer service of your local HFT store. just call them and be nice and pleasant about it and see what they say. make sure to ask for the person's name that you spoke to so that when you show up and nobody knows what you are talking about, at least you have someone's name.

sselander
07-20-2011, 08:38 PM
Harbor Freight coupon in the latest ValPAK coupon pack - 20% off

fatboyf150
07-20-2011, 08:42 PM

If the current jack is more then what you paid for your original, you will have to pay the difference plus a new plan, if you want your new jack covered for 2 years.

diggerrick
07-22-2011, 09:05 AM
Is ITC worth the $20???

http://images.harborfreight.com/hftusa/itc/7801/images/66.jpg

fatboyf150
07-22-2011, 09:46 AM
Is ITC worth the $20???

http://images.harborfreight.com/hftusa/itc/7801/images/66.jpg

If $20 will save you $300, then I'd say it is worth it.

NWphotog
07-22-2011, 09:54 AM
I've had luck in using ITC coupons with out membership. Honestly I think the whole idea should be outlawed. If you can't offer a sale price to all your customers you shouldn't be allowed to offer to those who pay a fee. Just my pet peeve.

TheGrooveking
07-22-2011, 11:18 AM
I've had luck in using ITC coupons with out membership. Honestly I think the whole idea should be outlawed. If you can't offer a sale price to all your customers you shouldn't be allowed to offer to those who pay a fee. Just my pet peeve.

So do you have issues with Sam's Club or Costco?

TheGrooveking

mad57
07-22-2011, 12:43 PM
If $20 will save you $300, then I'd say it is worth it.

that same box my me in nj is $7oo ish all the time ive never seen it for $999 by me

diggerrick
07-22-2011, 02:02 PM
[QUOTE=mad57;1638798]that same box my me in nj is $7oo ish all the time ive never seen it for $999 by me[/QUOTE

Regular price is $999, normal sale price is $799 - this is $100 less than the best previous price I've seen on this box.

ytlas
07-22-2011, 11:04 PM
Question.. has anyone used a coupon to buy multiples of the same item? Are the registers at HF stores set up to automatically input the discount prices for all the items?

When I use a coupon code online, it only allows the discount to be on one item even if the coupon says, for example "Limit 8."

Thanks

bimmerZ5
07-22-2011, 11:07 PM
Question.. has anyone used a coupon to buy multiples of the same item? Are the registers at HF stores set up to automatically input the discount prices for all the items?

When I use a coupon code online, it only allows the discount to be on one item even if the coupon says, for example "Limit 8."

Thanks

on item specific coupons, yes the register will take off for each item on multiple items.

with a percentage off coupon, it's a different matter. for example, if you have a 20% off coupon, and you buy two of the same item, it will take 10% off each of the two instead of taking 20% off one and 0% off the other.

diggerrick
07-23-2011, 08:32 AM

Thanks

The register will take off for each item up to the quantity limit on the coupon.

I've had the same frustration ordering online, so I've been ordering over the phone instead when I know I can't make to the nearest store (about 50 miles away).

dodge610
07-23-2011, 08:32 AM
on item specific coupons, yes the register will take off for each item on multiple items.

with a percentage off coupon, it's a different matter. for example, if you have a 20% off coupon, and you buy two of the same item, it will take 10% off each of the two instead of taking 20% off one and 0% off the other.

Yes it will take the 20% off multiple items at my harbor freight. The cashiers at my harbor freight will ring it up seperately using the same coupon. They are not supposed to do this but I guess I am in there way too often and they do it for me. Hope i dont get anyone in trouble.

ytlas
07-23-2011, 09:16 AM

The register will take off for each item up to the quantity limit on the coupon.

I've had the same frustration ordering online, so I've been ordering over the phone instead when I know I can't make to the nearest store (about 50 miles away).

Thanks guys. The HF I go to always has the cutest cashiers, but many don't seem to care one way or another about the coupons.

chrommagman
07-23-2011, 04:53 PM
The HF I go to always has the cutest cashiers

Same for the one I go to :thumbup:
brunettes :drool:

RonRock
07-23-2011, 07:07 PM
Is there ever any discount on the HF blasting cabinet? Is it worth the price?

SuperSocket
07-23-2011, 10:15 PM
Thanks guys. The HF I go to always has the cutest cashiers, but many don't seem to care one way or another about the coupons.

Which one you go to. One around here is SMOKIN' :bowdown:

ytlas
07-23-2011, 10:31 PM
Which one you go to. One around here is SMOKIN' :bowdown:

Lakewood, California. Been going to the old then new store for at least 20 years. Maybe 15 years ago it finally sank it, damn they're cute.

There was that one cashier in her late 20's who was ok until she started lecturing me after I bought the Earthquake ratchet and declined the extended warranty. Since I was twice her age I just gave her a dirty look until she ran out of steam and stopped ranting.

bimmerZ5
07-24-2011, 02:12 AM
oh geez... you guys need to start a "girls of harbor freight" thread... unless you have a coupon for the girls. ;-P

les_garten
07-24-2011, 06:54 AM
oh geez... you guys need to start a "girls of harbor freight" thread... unless you have a coupon for the girls. ;-P

Only pix of the EASY ones though...

You know, the ones you can run any coupon scam on!

MadMark
07-27-2011, 10:08 PM
Does anyone know of a coupon I can use on the 7 drawer side cabinet?
they are currently going for $200.
I need them for under counter storage and could actually use two, since I don't have the space for anything bigger.

787B
07-31-2011, 12:37 PM
This is the cheapest I've seen this generator in a while. I have one with about 20 hours on it so far and I'm very (http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1545538#post1545538) happy (http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1639527&postcount=2864). This was found in Maxim magazine (free subscription, I wouldn't actually pay for that rag :rolleyes:).

chrommagman
07-31-2011, 03:13 PM
wait you get free subscription to Maxim?

Virgil Cain
07-31-2011, 03:32 PM
This is the cheapest I've seen this generator in a while. I have one with about 20 hours on it so far and I'm very (http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1545538#post1545538) happy (http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1639527&postcount=2864). This was found in Maxim magazine (free subscription, I wouldn't actually pay for that rag :rolleyes:).

I have that generator as a backup to my main generator (belt and suspenders). It's great for a small generator. If anything, I'd say the 800W/900W rating is a bit conservative. I ran it in for 6 hours at half load. Starts easy and really isn't that loud. There are videos on YouTube of people with that genny starting and running a small window unit A/C. I got mine at that price. I saw it a couple of years ago at $79.99 but $89.99 is the best price I've seen it for in some time, so if your looking for one that's a good deal.

BTW, if you get one take out the Chinese Bonon plug and get yourself a good NGK plug, either a BP5ES or a BP6ES, and make sure you use anti-seize on it. BTW, the Bonon plug installed from the factory did not have ant-seize on it, so if you're going to use the Bonon for run in I'd pull it and put a little anti-seize on it.

diggerrick
08-01-2011, 11:09 AM
http://www.harborfreight.com/hand-tools/sockets-ratchets/9-piece-12-drive-star-bit-set-67887.html

BDAZSVT
08-01-2011, 01:33 PM
Is there ever any discount on the HF blasting cabinet? Is it worth the price?

I got one in email if this link doesnt work PM me your email and I will forward.

http://widgets.harborfreight.com/wswidgets/common/displayCoupon.do?hdr=mag&week=3011&campaign=a&page=3011a_retail.html&cust=99999999999&keycode=1002

mdbeck1
08-01-2011, 09:42 PM
I got one in email if this link doesnt work PM me your email and I will forward.

http://widgets.harborfreight.com/wswidgets/common/displayCoupon.do?hdr=mag&week=3011&campaign=a&page=3011a_retail.html&cust=99999999999&keycode=1002

uhmmmm.... all of those coupons expired yesterday...

RangerDaleXp
08-01-2011, 11:25 PM
Got these tonight. Enjoy:beer:....

soob
08-02-2011, 12:07 AM
Some really handsome guy went through dozens of magazines and posted scans of all the HF ads:

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showpost.php?p=41407148&postcount=1365

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showpost.php?p=41384838&postcount=1363

Carl B
08-02-2011, 12:09 AM
I guess "ANY PURCHASE OF $100.00 OR MORE" doesn't really mean "ANY PURCHASE OF $100.00 OR MORE"

Putting a lot of exclusions and exceptions in fine print below the coupon is really quite underhanded to to say the least.

Personally I find this type of advertising quite insulting to the Customers of Harbor Freight.

Instead of promoting this kind of BS here - we could be bad mouthing HF for this practice in the first place.

FWIW,
Carl B.

Carl B
08-02-2011, 12:22 AM
Some really handsome guy went through dozens of magazines and posted scans of all the HF ads:

Interesting:
Per your .jpg images:

Playboy -08-2011 Coupon $59.95 Racing Jack Lot 68053 Bar Code 98179666
Maxim-07-2011 Coupon $69.96 Racing Jack Lot 68053 Bar Code 99495905
Maxim-09-2011 Coupon $59.95 Racing Jack Lot 68053 Bar Code 43277953

I guess it pays to watch closely - exactly which coupon you use.

Thanks for Posting Them...
Carl B.

RangerDaleXp
08-02-2011, 12:23 AM
I guess "ANY PURCHASE OF $100.00 OR MORE" doesn't really mean "ANY PURCHASE OF $100.00 OR MORE"

Putting a lot of exclusions and exceptions in fine print below the coupon is really quite underhanded to to say the least.

Personally I find this type of advertising quite insulting to the Customers of Harbor Freight.

Instead of promoting this kind of BS here - we could be bad mouthing HF for this practice in the first place.

FWIW,
Carl B.

The only thing I don't get and a little confused on is the Take an Extra % of anything over X amount of dollars, I am not sure it will work on the sale items that those came with:confused:....

Twiggss
08-02-2011, 11:59 AM

FWIW,
Carl B.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. When i go into HF I already have my stack of coupons, ITC and regular and even with those i've spent over $100 how the hell is this going to work? :headscrat

SuperSocket
08-02-2011, 12:14 PM
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. When i go into HF I already have my stack of coupons, ITC and regular and even with those i've spent over $100 how the hell is this going to work? :headscrat

It's just a different way of advertising. That 20% coupon is just like the ones we all have, except with these you need to spend at least $100 to be eligible.

You can not stack this coupon so it's just like the other 20% off coupons.

Pug}{maN
08-02-2011, 07:53 PM
any one have the us genarl top box coupon still ? or is it still good ?

weadjust
08-03-2011, 09:35 PM
http://images.harborfreight.com/hftweb/newhome11/images/multitoolcoupon.jpg

soob
08-03-2011, 10:02 PM
Watch out for that one, the new multifunction tool doesn't come with any accessories.

anyheck
08-04-2011, 08:36 AM
Anyone with a HF top box (for the 13 drawer cart) coupon? I'm hoping to pick one up in the next couple days because of a sales tax holiday.

Thanks!

VC455
08-04-2011, 08:45 PM

Anybody get BUSTED with these reprints
RE: for the Fine Print that says:
'Original Coupon must be presented." :confused::

fatboyf150
08-04-2011, 08:54 PM

Just tell them is was sent to your email.

Carl B
08-04-2011, 08:55 PM
No doubt that the "original" coupon was digital to begin with - so in the physical world - al coupons are "copies" printed out.

FWIW,
Carl B.

soob
08-04-2011, 09:14 PM

All of their coupons say that, including those that originate on the internet. The HFT people don't have any way to know at the register and they don't care.

archfish
08-05-2011, 06:14 AM

Yes, kind of. I went in yesterday with a 20% off one item coupon (with the dozen or so exclusions at the bottom), that I had printed from a coupon site.

When I got to the register and presented the coupon the cashier said that they were no longer allowed to take reprints of anything except the e-mail coupons. Apparently what I had was from a magazine, and the e-mail 20% coupon is a different size and shape. :mad: YMMV.

After I got to the car with my purchase, I remembered the % off of a dollar amount coupons on the front of the ad. I grabbed the ad and went back in to have them re-ring my purchase using the 15% off. Just as the cashier finished my refund, the monitor on the register caught fire :yikes:

Totally made up for the hassle :bounce:

soob
08-05-2011, 10:02 AM
The printed size of online coupons depends on the computer you use to print them. There's no "correct" size, unless they're distributed as PDFs. Harbor freight's are HTML and JPG, which leave it up to specific software you use to decide how big to make them.

That said I guess it depends on the clerk you get. If you're worried about it you should be able to print online coupons the same size as the real ones by adjusting the software you use to print.

mrbreezeet1
08-05-2011, 04:02 PM
I don't think they should make such a big deal about it.

robertwhite
08-05-2011, 07:07 PM
I don't think they should make such a big deal about it.

That's the correct answer to the whole coupon deal. THEY are the ones flooding the magazines, emails, etc. with their coupons. Don't want people to use the various coupons, don't place the ads.

Carl B
08-06-2011, 06:16 PM
13 drawer, US General, industrial roll cab $359.99

HF has the coupon in several MotorCycle Magazines on the Stands this month.. Coupon good till 11/12/11 as I recall... And if you have purchased this item within the last 30 days, have your receipt - they will credit the difference to you.

One per Customer per day.

Some of the magazines are $4.99, some are $5.99 and others are $6.99. So look around for the one that has the coupon and is $4.99.

FWIW,
Carl B.

subarub4
08-06-2011, 06:41 PM
subscribe

SuperSocket
08-09-2011, 08:16 AM
Great deal on the SDS Concrete Drill I got in the mail today ($49.99).

Coupon 50190885

fatboyf150
08-18-2011, 08:13 PM
Here is an ITC coupon for sunday 21AUG11, from 6p to 8p. You MUST have an ITC card to get in the store after hours. You also get 10% off one single item that night. Don't know if it's possible, but I think you can get the box for $159 plus the 10%. YMMV.

http://widgets.harborfreight.com/wswidgets/common/displayCoupon.do?hdr=mag&week=3311&campaign=itc_early&page=3311itc_early.html&cust=02002841353&keycode=1004

Carl B
08-18-2011, 08:24 PM
This past Sunday's Newspaper had a coupon for $349.99 for the 13 Drawer - I understand that this months Hot Rod Magazine has it as well.

FWIW,
Carl B.

Steevo
08-18-2011, 08:49 PM
http://sdwike.smugmug.com/photos/i-jCsqTjv/0/L/i-jCsqTjv-L.jpg

RonRock
08-19-2011, 10:29 AM
Nice looking box. Anybody have one?

Zeke
08-19-2011, 10:44 AM

He'll be here all week folks and don't forget to tip the waitress.

chrommagman
08-19-2011, 06:49 PM

use the search!

Steevo
08-19-2011, 07:00 PM
Wow, does that sun come up in the East like that every day?

soob
08-20-2011, 11:24 AM
That bronzed adonis posted a couple more magazine scans at slickdeals:

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showpost.php?p=41850956&postcount=1471

You should be able to use these coupons in store if you print them. Just make sure the numbers below the bar code are readable.

mrbreezeet1
08-20-2011, 02:26 PM
Yes, kind of. I went in yesterday with a 20% off one item coupon (with the dozen or so exclusions at the bottom), that I had printed from a coupon site.

When I got to the register and presented the coupon the cashier said that they were no longer allowed to take reprints of anything except the e-mail coupons. Apparently what I had was from a magazine, and the e-mail 20% coupon is a different size and shape. :mad: YMMV.

After I got to the car with my purchase, I remembered the % off of a dollar amount coupons on the front of the ad. I grabbed the ad and went back in to have them re-ring my purchase using the 15% off. Just as the cashier finished my refund, the monitor on the register caught fire :yikes:

Totally made up for the hassle :bounce:

Yeah, but I thought there were coupons right at the HF website that say click here to print.
Or is that the same ones the e mail?
Like this one,
http://widgets.harborfreight.com/wswidgets/common/displayCoupon.do?hdr=mag&week=3111&campaign=a&page=3111a_retail.html&cust=99999999999&keycode=1002&hftref=cj

Steevo
08-20-2011, 07:56 PM
They put special deals in magazine ads (like the one I posted above for a $349 box), that aren't in the e-mail or snail-mailed offers, not even in the Inside Track flyer, and some are only in specific magazines.
They know which offers are in magazines or "print it yourself", because the bar code tells them that when they scan it.

soob
08-20-2011, 09:53 PM
3311 Retail B (http://widgets.harborfreight.com/wswidgets/common/displayCoupon.do?hdr=mag&week=3311&campaign=b&page=3311b_retail.html&cust=99999999999&keycode=1002&hftref=cj) 8/19 - 9/5 - Labor Day Super Sale

You can stack these prices with a 20% off (or the 20% off the whole order) coupon.

That means the 3-ton jack stands are $10.39, the HLVP gun is $8, the "pro" screwdriver set is $4.80. The 10" sliding miter saw is $72.

Them's good prices.

volvo
08-20-2011, 11:09 PM
Bought an item today for $169.99, just asked cashier if he had any 20% off coupons like the guy in front of me used. He just re-scanned the same coupon, ...Cha- Ching, instant savings. If you never ask the answer will always be no.

hypnotoad
08-21-2011, 12:33 PM
For those interested, Diesel Power Magazine has a 2 page add for HF, the 56.5" box is on sale for 699.00.

soob
08-21-2011, 12:45 PM
Tonight they're having an ITC-only special pre-tent-sale event thingy. Basically you can get 10% off a single tent sale item, plus all the rest for the tent-sale price if you're so inclined, tonight.

The big one I think is the red service cart for $160 at the tent sale. -10% that'd be 144, about as good as it's going to get.

diggerrick
08-25-2011, 07:42 AM
Was there an monthly coupon flyer for August?

Until this month I had been getting a separate flyer that was all "super coupons" - about 300 of them in a 20-25 page flyer. Some were the same or better than the ITC coupons.

Did anyone else receive it?

csp
08-25-2011, 08:49 AM
I got the coupon book rather than the monthly flyer as well.

DARK AGE 53
08-25-2011, 09:51 AM
anyone have a super coupon for HF 6 ton jack stands http://www.harborfreight.com/6-ton-jack-stand-set-38847.html, thanks.

J Persons
08-25-2011, 10:55 AM
I ordered a new die grinder using a 20% off coupon I got off the net somewhere. A couple of days later I ordered their HD shrinker stretcher and used the same 20% coupon. Both items are on their way at the reduce price. BTW, the HF shrinker stretcher is supposed to take Eastwood dies, if I need to replace them.

diggerrick
08-29-2011, 10:06 PM
If you haven't picked one (or more) up yet, hte 1/2" drive extendable ratchet is $9.99 again through ITC:

http://insidetrackclub.harborfreight.com/media/catalog/product/cache/2/image/370x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/i/m/image_9865.jpg

http://insidetrackclub.harborfreight.com/1-2-half-inch-extendable-ratchet-98831.html

http://images.harborfreight.com/hftusa/itc/7811/images/146.jpg

bum
09-01-2011, 08:25 PM
Looking for a coupon on the Tranny jack 3185,anyone have one. searched here and the links but didn't find one.

http://www.harborfreight.com/800-lb-capacity-transmission-jack-3185.html

Thanks

J Persons
09-01-2011, 10:56 PM
Looking for a coupon on the Tranny jack 3185,anyone have one. searched here and the links but didn't find one.

http://www.harborfreight.com/800-lb-capacity-transmission-jack-3185.html

Thanks
Carcraft magazine has a HF 20% off coupon for any one item. That would be a pretty deep discount on that jack

bum
09-02-2011, 07:11 PM
Can that be used on Jacks. Every 20 off I have seen says no jacks.
Thanks

fatboyf150
09-02-2011, 07:44 PM
Can that be used on Jacks. Every 20 off I have seen says no jacks.
Thanks

no..

Nick_Escalante
09-03-2011, 03:12 AM
Not sure if its a good deal, but got this coupon by email for the 800W generator

http://www.harborfreight.com/800-rated-watts-900-max-watts-portable-generator-66619.html?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=3511c&utm_source=1002

I'm not sure if it can be classified as a coupon since the price was $79.99 last wk and now its $129.99. Maybe the weather had something to do with it...

dodge610
09-03-2011, 07:08 AM
If you haven't picked one (or more) up yet, hte 1/2" drive extendable ratchet is $9.99 again through ITC:

http://insidetrackclub.harborfreight.com/media/catalog/product/cache/2/image/370x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/i/m/image_9865.jpg

http://insidetrackclub.harborfreight.com/1-2-half-inch-extendable-ratchet-98831.html

http://images.harborfreight.com/hftusa/itc/7811/images/146.jpg

I am going to my HF to pick one of these up today have the 3/8 one all ready. It works real well for me in the shop never noticed that they even had a 1/2 drive.:)

787B
09-03-2011, 09:08 AM
Not sure if its a good deal, but got this coupon by email for the 800W generator

http://www.harborfreight.com/800-rated-watts-900-max-watts-portable-generator-66619.html?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=3511c&utm_source=1002

I'm not sure if it can be classified as a coupon since the price was $79.99 last wk and now its $129.99. Maybe the weather had something to do with it...

That's pretty much the regular price now. The $80 coupon (http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1655574#post1655574) is valid through November 19.

dodge610
09-03-2011, 11:25 AM
Just picked up my 1/2 extendable ratchet for $9.99 got the last one on the shelf. they also had a coupon at the register for free stuff there givin away on Labor Day only grabbed one. Will probably go down to see what they have on sale pick up my free gift free is good.:bounce:

MN4x4
09-04-2011, 08:39 PM
Does anyone have a coupon for the 56" roller cabinet. I missed the one that ended in August....

Hammer1963
09-04-2011, 09:11 PM
I got an incredible deal yesterday. I did a little internet search and found a promo code for the Black 4 drawer roller cart. $regular price $229.99, sale $149.99, promo code.......$99.99...best $99.99 I've ever spent on tools. Great deal

dodge610
09-04-2011, 10:03 PM
I got an incredible deal yesterday. I did a little internet search and found a promo code for the Black 4 drawer roller cart. $regular price $229.99, sale $149.99, promo code.......$99.99...best $99.99 I've ever spent on tools. Great deal

I have a coupon that I have been saving that is for the same box at the same price. Good till 10/9/11 i will be using it for my last cabinet purchase that is as soon as i get done cleaning the area it will be going in.

Recoil Rob
09-05-2011, 08:24 AM
Care to share the info about the $99 cart? Is it a personal promo or public? I found someone on Ebay selling the coupon for a couple of bucks but figure it must be somewhere for free.

I'm heading over to HF this week to get a $399 13 drawer, what other coupons should I bring? Can I get any more discount on top of that? what about free items? how do I maximize the stuff/money ratio?

litljay
09-05-2011, 01:05 PM
Care to share the info about the $99 cart? Is it a personal promo or public? I found someone on Ebay selling the coupon for a couple of bucks but figure it must be somewhere for free.

I'm heading over to HF this week to get a $399 13 drawer, what other coupons should I bring? Can I get any more discount on top of that? what about free items? how do I maximize the stuff/money ratio?

There is a coupon floating around this thread for that box and puts the price at $349.99. It was in the Sep. mailer, good 'til 9/30.

Recoil Rob
09-05-2011, 01:12 PM
There is a coupon floating around this thread for that box and puts the price at $349.99. It was in the Sep. mailer, good 'til 9/30.

Yep,
I already have that one for $349 (mine says actually good till 12/16/11) but I'm looking for the $99 4 drawer cart coupon.

thanks,

Rob

dodge610
09-05-2011, 08:27 PM
Yep,
I already have that one for $349 (mine says actually good till 12/16/11) but I'm looking for the $99 4 drawer cart coupon.

thanks,

Rob

Recoil Rob it is a regular HF coupon my scanner is not working I will try to take a close up of it with my camera see if that works.

Recoil Rob
09-05-2011, 10:38 PM
Thanks Dodge, I'd appreciate it, I'm going on Wed.

nit2wn
09-06-2011, 02:28 AM
http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx341/nit2wn/harborfreightpg2001-1.jpghttp://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx341/nit2wn/newharborfreightcoupons001.jpgWill these help anyone, Diesel Power mag, Oct. edition

DARK AGE 53
09-06-2011, 11:42 AM
http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx341/nit2wn/harborfreightpg2001-1.jpghttp://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx341/nit2wn/newharborfreightcoupons001.jpgWill these help anyone, Diesel Power mag, Oct. edition

I need a printable coupon for there 6 ton jack stands, anyone?

ctgoodman
09-06-2011, 12:36 PM
Subscribing.

Just started looking into the harbor freight stuff. Bought a air hose reel and some other odds and ends last week. Was going to pickup that 13 drawer bottom and the matching top chest last year but found a used Snap On of the same size for the same price as what I would have gotten this for with coupons.

nit2wn
09-06-2011, 03:00 PM
Yes top right 2nd coupon for $29.99. Sorry that the best my old scanner will do. I upped it to 600 dpi and kept scanning these until they were straight as i could get. I might could pull them from the mag and try again, but I don't think it will improve much.

nit2wn
09-06-2011, 03:32 PM
http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx341/nit2wn/harborfreightcamera056.jpgTook 45 min. to get that one. If anyone wants the other page, post up.

DARK AGE 53
09-06-2011, 03:36 PM
http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx341/nit2wn/harborfreightcamera056.jpgTook 45 min. to get that one. If anyone wants the other page, post up.

Not clear enough to work, thanks anyway.

Recoil Rob
09-06-2011, 03:45 PM
I believe the problem is resolution. Most images on the web are 72dpi because that's the best the average monitor can display. But for actual photo printing you need up around 300dpi.

nit2wn
09-06-2011, 04:19 PM
I scanned it with a 3 in hp 1110 scanner/printer/copier, I set the scanner at max [600dpi]. I went back and took pics with a digital camera as close as I could get and edited them in Photobucket. Is it possible it's better at the Photobucket sight and here? I'm out of equipment and knowledge.

Recoil Rob
09-06-2011, 04:40 PM
What image size did you have the camera set for? Max is best, the most info possible. Use the Macro setting if there is one and just snap that coupon, not the whole page.

Recoil Rob
09-06-2011, 04:43 PM
American rifleman has a coupon for the 11 Drawer unit for $149.00 I'll see what I can do about scanning that.

http://www.harborfreight.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/370x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/i/m/image_11463.jpg

Recoil Rob
09-06-2011, 06:10 PM
American rifleman has a coupon for the 11 Drawer unit for $149.00 I'll see what I can do about scanning that.

http://www.harborfreight.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/370x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/i/m/image_11463.jpg

Here's the coupon and another for 20%. (Right click on the coupons and VIEW IMAGE to print). I notice the drawers on this model are different than their other chests, the handles are single pulls instead of the entire width of the drawer, is this a cheaper model?

thanks,

Rob

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/hvpcno1/Harbor%20Freight/11Drawer.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/hvpcno1/Harbor%20Freight/11.jpg

fatboyf150
09-06-2011, 06:15 PM

Here's the coupon and another for 20%. (Right click on the coupons and VIEW IMAGE to print). I notice the drawers on this model are different than their other chests, the handles are single pulls instead of the entire width of the drawer, is this a cheaper model?

thanks,

Rob

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/hvpcno1/Harbor%20Freight/11Drawer.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/hvpcno1/Harbor%20Freight/11.jpg

You could not give me that piece of crap. I advise not to buy this box.

Recoil Rob
09-06-2011, 06:17 PM
You could not give me that piece of crap. I advise not to buy this box.

Alrighty then, thanks for the review, I'll steer clear.

Rob

DARK AGE 53
09-06-2011, 06:44 PM
I scanned it with a 3 in hp 1110 scanner/printer/copier, I set the scanner at max [600dpi]. I went back and took pics with a digital camera as close as I could get and edited them in Photobucket. Is it possible it's better at the Photobucket sight and here? I'm out of equipment and knowledge.

If you're not going to use the coupon would you be willing to mail it to me if I pay postage? Thanks

soob
09-06-2011, 08:07 PM
http://slickdeals.net/forums/showpost.php?p=41850956&postcount=1471

Twiggss
09-07-2011, 12:28 AM

http://garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85523

Cryptic1911
09-08-2011, 09:28 PM
Here's a coupon for the 21gal compressor for $149, good til 9/14

soob
09-08-2011, 09:33 PM
That one is available for $139.99 here: http://a.slickdeals.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=645980&d=1313856237

NoSloCoupes
09-08-2011, 10:38 PM

I can't read the code under the 20 ton press for $149.99....any help?

soob
09-08-2011, 11:55 PM
Ask and ye shall press.

DARK AGE 53
09-09-2011, 06:36 AM
Ask and ye shall press.

Can you do the same for the 6 ton jack stand set? Thanks.

synik
09-09-2011, 09:24 AM
Insider Track Club Coupons
http://images.harborfreight.com/hftusa/itc/7811/7811.html?hftref=cj

Thank me later. :drool:

NoSloCoupes
09-09-2011, 10:04 AM
Thanks soob!

soob
09-09-2011, 04:44 PM
6-ton jack stands. Watch out for the 9/11 expiration date. It's the only one I could find.

soob
09-09-2011, 07:25 PM
Nevermind, I lied. Here's one with a January 2012 expiration:

DARK AGE 53
09-09-2011, 07:55 PM
soob, I was able to print out the first one and use it tonight, the second coupon would be nice for future use but it didn't print out so well. :sad:

After I don't how long I've tried to getting one of these coupons I finally now have one thanks to you. :thumbup:

Again, thanks.

soob
09-09-2011, 08:24 PM
Glad to be of help.

When the scans are poor (like the second coupon), make sure they can read the numbers under the bar code. That's all they need to enter the coupon. HFT employees are very used to home printed coupons not scanning, so they won't bat an eye at one that doesn't. Even if the printout is unreadable, you could write the numbers it yourself and blame it on your printer; it's worked for me every time.

nit2wn
09-10-2011, 07:27 AM
If you're not going to use the coupon would you be willing to mail it to me if I pay postage? Thanks

I didn't see your post to now which one do you need? I could mail it more than likely.

subarub4
09-10-2011, 01:05 PM
Nevermind, I lied. Here's one with a January 2012 expiration:

Thanks!!

DARK AGE 53
09-10-2011, 01:57 PM
I didn't see your post to now which one do you need? I could mail it more than likely.

I was able to copy the coupon soob posted, appreciate the offer anyways.

mrbreezeet1
09-10-2011, 02:20 PM
Are those good jack stands?
Are the the bigger ones, or are they little like used to come with the sears jacks?

Jack Olsen
09-10-2011, 02:57 PM
They are big (15-24" lift range) and they are good. Thanks for the coupon, soob!

mrbreezeet1
09-10-2011, 03:43 PM
They are big (15-24" lift range) and they are good. Thanks for the coupon, soob!

Thanks, might take a ride tomorrow if it's nice and I still have the coupon.

I just have the little ones from sears.

nit2wn
09-10-2011, 11:03 PM
Looked at the $349 box and all the add ons, just didn't like the finish at all and the fit was just ok. I had budgeted $1000 for it and 2 sideboxes. A buddy with me who has bought many boxes through the truck guys suggested the $699 one and come home, so that's what we did and he gave me a small top box to go with it from Blue Point. The one I got is just a completely better box by miles. If any one needs the left over coupons I have, let me know and I'll mail them to you. Thanks for all the help you've gave me and coupons.

Nick_Escalante
09-11-2011, 11:33 PM
Thanks, might take a ride tomorrow if it's nice and I still have the coupon.

I just have the little ones from sears.

yeah, don't bother getting the 3 ton stands... I made that mistake and for $10 more I could have had the 6 tons.... HUGE DIFFERENCE.

Nick_Escalante
09-11-2011, 11:37 PM
Anybody have any info on this specific generator I'm looking at:

7 HP, 3050 Rated Watts/3500 Max Watts Gasoline Generator Coupon $279.99

http://www.harborfreight.com/engines-generators/gas-engine-generators/7-hp-3050-rated-watts-3500-max-watts-gasoline-generator-67560.html

It will be my 1st and only generator. Looking to get some entry level to power basic stuff during power outs.... i don't have a well so a 220 is not needed. thanks.

soob
09-12-2011, 12:58 AM
No info but I got a coupon for it for $260. No idea if that's good or not. If you want it, I'll scan it.

Nick_Escalante
09-12-2011, 02:32 AM
No info but I got a coupon for it for $260. No idea if that's good or not. If you want it, I'll scan it.

yeah put it up if u could thanks.

soob
09-12-2011, 09:07 AM
Here she is.

Edit: I did not scan this one myself; I found it with a search. I have no reason to think it won't work, but if it doesn't let me know and I'll scan the one I have. It's different.

Nick_Escalante
09-12-2011, 09:09 PM
thanks soob. I'll have to pick that unit up along with the 800 watt portable unit in the next month..

Nick_Escalante
09-14-2011, 05:17 PM
Does anyone have a coupon for 4" Air Angle Grinder

http://www.harborfreight.com/air-tools/grinders/4-inch-air-angle-grinder-95504.html

Reg. $Only: $29.99
Sale: $24.99

JMartel
09-14-2011, 08:59 PM
Can anyone post up the coupon for the Motorcycle Chock?

http://www.harborfreight.com/motorcycle-wheel-chock-96349.html

It's in Motorcyclist August 2011 issue. I had one but the wife threw it away. I need to buy 2 tomorrow night. Thanks.

Coupon looks like this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HARBOR-FREIGHT-MOTORCYCLE-WHEEL-CHOCK-26-COUPON-11-26-/230655308839#ht_5074wt_948

soob
09-14-2011, 09:34 PM
Chockadoodledoo.

Hogslammer
09-15-2011, 07:01 AM
Anybody have a coupon that they would like to share for the 7 drawer side box that attaches to the 13 drawer cabinet for less than the current sale price of $199? Thanks

JMartel
09-15-2011, 08:05 AM
Chockadoodledoo.

Thank you kindly. I had someone post it up in a different forum as well. This'll save me $15 on each of them.

Side note, I like how one of the tags for this thread is "I love chinese food".

diggerrick
09-15-2011, 06:09 PM
thanks soob. I'll have to pick that unit up along with the 800 watt portable unit in the next month..

I got a flyer yesterday for an upcoming tent sale showing the 800W generator for $79.99.

Nick_Escalante
09-15-2011, 11:44 PM
I got a flyer yesterday for an upcoming tent sale showing the 800W generator for $79.99.

Bingo! And concerning the side cabinet box for the 13 drawer, I've never seen that unit below $199.

Lakeozark
09-16-2011, 11:23 AM
http://www.harborfreight.com/extra-savings.html
New coupons!!! Just came in my Email

fitz11
09-16-2011, 07:41 PM
Anybody have a coupon that they would like to share for the 7 drawer side box that attaches to the 13 drawer cabinet for less than the current sale price of $199? Thanks

$199 is the normal "sale" price its always 199 never less I've been watching every month for 2 years.

jakeb
09-18-2011, 04:13 PM
Anyone have a coupon for "Professional 301 Piece Mechanic's Tool Kit"
Item # 45951

J.Lind
09-19-2011, 10:09 PM
Any one know if the black US General 42" boxes ever go on sale?

Nick_Escalante
09-19-2011, 11:58 PM

never seen the black on sale.

porksoda
09-20-2011, 01:03 AM
Anyone have the coupon for the low profile jack (68050) for 89.99? I see them on ebay but can't seem to find one online.

MNRZR
09-20-2011, 08:48 AM

It'd be worth a shot to take the $349 coupon for the red box in and talk to the manager. I know it's a different item #, but it seems that manager's seem to have a little flexibility with pricing so you never know.

Raze
09-20-2011, 09:55 AM
I got a good one in the mail recently for $29 for a set of 2/1000# car dollies, not sure if the casters have good bearings in them or not but that's a pretty good price...

Lakeozark
09-20-2011, 09:58 AM
I had just purchased the 1500# car dollies, the casters arent too awful bad...They are actually pretty decent quality and the locks work - but under a load they are hard to get unlocked. They assemble in 2 minutes
For the price - when they break - I will buy new casters to put on it.

scooper
09-20-2011, 11:16 AM
anyone have a coupon for the 13 drawer roller unit that'll make the price lower than $370?

http://www.harborfreight.com/13-drawer-red-industrial-quality-roller-cabinet-90320.html

Thanks!

Also, in opinions regarding this unit and the less HD version here?

http://www.harborfreight.com/26-8-drawer-roller-cabinet-with-8-drawer-top-chest-67831.html

gsport
09-20-2011, 12:34 PM
anyone have a coupon for the 13 drawer roller unit that'll make the price lower than $370?

http://www.harborfreight.com/13-drawer-red-industrial-quality-roller-cabinet-90320.html

Thanks!

http://www.harborfreight.com/26-8-drawer-roller-cabinet-with-8-drawer-top-chest-67831.html
in most of the car magazines right now they have that coupon for $349.00

porksoda
09-21-2011, 11:10 AM
This is the coupon I want but obviously I need the code.
http://www.e-junkie.com/buyonlinecodes/product/467339.php

soob
09-21-2011, 01:40 PM
I do not have that exact coupon but I do have one for it:

Item # 68050 ; Price: $89.99

Code: 96207762

Exp: 11/7/11

I had to take my whole house apart to replace the wood floors so I have no scanner and no home computer with which to transmit the image. You should be able to get them to take just the #, though, if you're sweet to the cashier.

fxt
09-21-2011, 02:38 PM
make and online order and print it out with that price.

they should price match it

oh and its a great jack. haven't had a lick of problems with it, also get a jack pad for it too

mad57
09-21-2011, 09:14 PM
Hi any one have the jump pack on sale coupon??

chrisexv6
09-22-2011, 11:35 AM
This is the coupon I want but obviously I need the code.
http://www.e-junkie.com/buyonlinecodes/product/467339.php

Does any HF store near you have them in stock? None near me or my parents have them and no idea when they will get them.

I had to take my whole house apart to replace the wood floors so I have no scanner and no home computer with which to transmit the image. You should be able to get them to take just the #, though, if you're sweet to the cashier.

Thanks for the code, it works on the web. Now I wonder if I can get the store to take the code and give me a raincheck at the 89.99 price for whenever it decides to show up.

chrisexv6
09-22-2011, 11:40 AM

Actually one more question.....do you still have the ad the coupon came in? Is there a volume/issue number?

Im wondering if one can find the whole ad on the internet and then just print out the coupon for in store use.

fxt
09-22-2011, 11:54 AM
just print out your online order and take it in. they should match the price, guys were doing that with the toolboxes.

diggerrick
09-22-2011, 11:55 AM
Anyone have a coupon for "Professional 301 Piece Mechanic's Tool Kit"
Item # 45951

Currently on sale for $180, $144 after 20% coupon.

Lowest I've seen was $140 ITC coupon in the spring.

comquat1
09-24-2011, 06:28 PM
Does anyone know if there's a coupon out there for 95272 for less than the "sale price" of $199? This is the 5 drawer service cart in red. I thought these went for $150 at one time, no?

bczygan
09-24-2011, 06:49 PM
Does anyone know if there's a coupon out there for 95272 for less than the "sale price" of $199? This is the 5 drawer service cart in red. I thought these went for $150 at one time, no?

Just use the 20% and get it for $160 plus tax.

Steevo
09-24-2011, 06:54 PM
This one works if you are an Inside Track Club member.
If not, a 20% off coupon will get you the same deal.

comquat1
09-24-2011, 09:52 PM

Can you use the 20% off on these? Don't they count as tool chests?

mdbeck1
09-24-2011, 10:06 PM
Can you use the 20% off on these? Don't they count as tool chests?

If you look back through this thread you will find that these are "carts" not "tool boxes". Apparently most of the HF's will accept the 20% off coupon.

mad57
09-25-2011, 09:55 AM
anybody find this coupon?? for the jump packs?

2manytoyz
09-25-2011, 11:50 AM
Here's the HF coupon from American Rifleman magazine. Prices good through 12/23/11:

http://www.2manytoyz.com/temp/HFSept.pdf

Twiggss
09-25-2011, 12:23 PM
159.99 is the cheapest you'll end up paying for the 5 drawer cart. Well worth the $$. I bought the 4 drawer for $99 and wish i would have got the 5.

Togorashi
09-25-2011, 01:01 PM

If you read the fine print on the 20% coupon, it's not valid for tool cabinets. Also doesn't work for welders, generators, and a few other things. Lame.

fr0mastaj
09-25-2011, 01:04 PM
The 20% off coupon DOES work on the tool carts, as they are not considered cabinets. Just tell the cashier to enter the coupon to see if it works if he/she doesn't believe you.

Togorashi
09-25-2011, 01:09 PM
The 20% off coupon DOES work on the tool carts, as they are not considered cabinets. Just tell the cashier to enter the coupon to see if it works if he/she doesn't believe you.

Good to know. Thx.

comquat1
09-25-2011, 08:51 PM
Gonna grab one this week! I will say I was impressed looking at it yesterday. Seems very well built.

rburke65
09-25-2011, 09:22 PM
I just bought one of the red Tool carts last week with a $149 coupon, I think. Did I say, "I think"? $160 out the door. A nice unit. A challenge to assemble, but I'm real happy with it. UPDATE.......Just ran down to the barn to check my receipt and the coupon was for $159.99 and not 149. It was $172.91 out the door.

billy_bob169
09-26-2011, 10:20 AM

I bought this box this spring, and like it. Got it onsale for less than $300. Holds a decent amount of stuff, and takes up less garage space. My wrench drawers are FULL, and slide like butter.

Recoil Rob
09-26-2011, 10:43 AM
I bought this box this spring, and like it. Got it onsale for less than $300. Holds a decent amount of stuff, and takes up less garage space. My wrench drawers are FULL, and slide like butter.

I have to ask, how did you get it for $300? The lowest I've seen it is the current $350. Was it a special sale, coupon? Do you remember?

thanks, Rob

billy_bob169
09-26-2011, 10:48 AM
It was a coupon I had found. I started searching magazines and online, and found one. Bought the 50' air hose reel at the same time for $59. I think the box was either $289 or $299, but I honestly don't remember for sure.

les_garten
09-26-2011, 11:20 AM
It was a coupon I had found. I started searching magazines and online, and found one. Bought the 50' air hose reel at the same time for $59. I think the box was either $289 or $299, but I honestly don't remember for sure.

Hi Billy_Bob,

So I'm curious. The Flexzilla is $29 for 3/8"x50'. Is there a reason, other than the color, that you would buy an HF air hose instead of the Flexzilla.

Reason I ask, is that I've had those HF hoses develop a lot of cracks and start leaking everywhere and I'm looking at Flexzilla.

billy_bob169
09-26-2011, 11:40 AM
I wanted a retractable hose reel... LOL Looked at a few options, and this was the best price/value for what I wanted. Can always replace the air hose. Just got tired of dealing with a loose hose all the time. I've got a buddy with a shop and I asked what they used...he said they just buy Northern Tool or HF brand hose reels.

comquat1
09-26-2011, 05:01 PM
I just bought one of the red Tool carts last week with a $149 coupon, I think. Did I say, "I think"? $160 out the door. A nice unit. A challenge to assemble, but I'm real happy with it.

Any leads on where this coupon could be found? I have been through every car mag that I have in the last four months and have a ton of $99.00 black service cart coupons but nothing on the red one.

hypnotoad
09-26-2011, 06:45 PM
Any leads on where this coupon could be found? I have been through every car mag that I have in the last four months and have a ton of $99.00 black service cart coupons but nothing on the red one.

Trying looking for Diesel Power. You might have luck there. They have been having 2 page ads recently.

ishiboo
09-26-2011, 07:17 PM
The 5-drawer cart is a weekly ITC coupon AFAIK. It's $159.

Also, the TOP to the 7-drawer bottom that's been on sale is $249 right now.

rburke65
09-27-2011, 08:47 AM
Comquat1.....the coupon was either in the local news paper or out of Hot Rod magazine. I am not a club member at HF, so that's out, and it is the only mag to which I subscribe. And the coupon was for $159.99 and NOT for $149 like I had posted previous.

Recoil Rob
09-27-2011, 08:52 AM
Also, the TOP to the 7-drawer bottom that's been on sale is $249 right now.

Don't you mean the top to the 13 drawer that's been on sale?

Rob

Cryptic1911
09-27-2011, 10:15 AM
Hi Billy_Bob,

So I'm curious. The Flexzilla is $29 for 3/8"x50'. Is there a reason, other than the color, that you would buy an HF air hose instead of the Flexzilla.

Reason I ask, is that I've had those HF hoses develop a lot of cracks and start leaking everywhere and I'm looking at Flexzilla.

I would buy the Flexzilla over any HF air hose.. I had purchased a goodyear rubber hose from HF, and it is a good hose, but it's fairly stiff like any other regular air hose. The Flexzilla isn't without its own issues though. It is lighter and definately more flexible and easier to deal with when working in tight places, but it likes to twist when you roll it up, so it can be kinda a pain to unroll from your hanger. Other than that, I love it, and would still rather deal with that than a regular stiff hose.

ishiboo
09-27-2011, 10:44 AM
I would buy the Flexzilla over any HF air hose.. I had purchased a goodyear rubber hose from HF, and it is a good hose, but it's fairly stiff like any other regular air hose. The Flexzilla isn't without its own issues though. It is lighter and definately more flexible and easier to deal with when working in tight places, but it likes to twist when you roll it up, so it can be kinda a pain to unroll from your hanger. Other than that, I love it, and would still rather deal with that than a regular stiff hose.

I love my Flexzilla, as you said though it does kink. The other issue I have with it is the "matte finish" covering lends itself to easily collecting dirt and not being particularly easy to clean.

They also make a garden hose; I saw our local Menards uses it for watering in the garden center, but they don't sell them.

ishiboo
09-27-2011, 10:55 AM
Don't you mean the top to the 13 drawer that's been on sale?

Rob

Yup, sorry.