Welcome to the The Garage Journal Board forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   The Garage Journal Board > To The Editors > Questions & Suggestions

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-10-2012, 11:38 PM   #1
softailgarage
Alliance Member

Default Cant upload pictures

I've been having problems uploading for awhille now. Was hoping with the new server that would be corrected, but noooo, now it's worse. First I get a message "security token is missing" whatever the hell that means. So i try again 1 at a time , "upload failed" each time. Try another computer, same thing. Now, while writing this I try to apply the WTF Smiley and it wants to post at the beginning, not where I want it VERY frustrating...HELP

Dealer- Cornwell Quality Tools
softailgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:46 PM   #2
metaleltr

Default Re: Cant upload pictures

Experiencing similar issues. Anyone know why?
metaleltr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 02-12-2012, 08:09 PM   #3
jayrush13

I'm getting it also
jayrush13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:50 PM   #4
Jagmandave

seems to be working for me OK.....

'80 Mini Clubman Estate
Jagmandave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 09:24 PM   #5
2wheelbob

I'm having the same issue as well.
2wheelbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:55 PM   #6
junk4dummies
Banned

I have a new mega computer with windows 7 64 bit.
I have the new office 2010 home and busniess and all the lastes software form Auto Cad and other design companies.
I can't get the bloody thing to work either.
Are you running on the 32 bit system. Could that be the hang up. If so do I need to convert back form 64 to 32?
All the new computers are going to 64 bit. ????????

I know I am old but I have been using the computers for 25 ears. I even went back to collage to keep up. They still do things I can't figure out. LOL
It is not always the dummy running the computer. Programs hang up.
For the longest time the Google tool bar hung up with Windows xp and Vista. I got that worked out.
Other tool bars keep things form working. Some programs do the same. Old computers can run so slow they will not process the new programs fast enought and lock things out.

I got one Terra bite HD and 12 meg ram with high end graphics. My puter is mega fast. It is a quad core running at 2.4

If anyone gets it figured out send me a pm to let me know what you did to get it working.
Thanks.
junk4dummies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:35 PM   #7
SpeedinLemon

I'm getting the same "Upload File Failed" message also. I've tried on two different computers (one 32bit with IE8 and one 64 bit with IE9) and three different internet connections. I've uploaded a number of pictures previously with no problems. I don't think anything has changed on my end and it sounds like others are having trouble as well. Is there a support / admin that can be notified? I'm fairly new to the site but this is the first time I've had any trouble.....

Time think about adding on - My Proposed Addition
http://garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=233395
SpeedinLemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:18 PM   #8
SpeedinLemon

Default Re: Cant upload pictures -- ***SOLVED***

****SOLVED**** (For me anyway!). I use Picasa from Google to edit pictures from my camera and then export them to my album on GJ. Normally I choose to reduce the size of the pics to 800 pixels and that puts them within the size limit specified by the admins of this site. After posting above I went and looked at the size of the pics I was trying to upload and they were all around 3MB (much larger than the 146k limit). I went back into Picasa and somehow my default export size had changed to a much higher image quality and hence larger file size. I re-exported the pics I was having trouble with and they all uploaded with out a problem. So if you're experiencing the problem identified above, try reducing the size of your pics and try again....Worked for me!!

Time think about adding on - My Proposed Addition
http://garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=233395
SpeedinLemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:36 PM   #9
softailgarage
Alliance Member

Dont know what changed but....IMG_0900.jpg

This took 10 minutes and only the one picture would load (1 out of 3). I posted a pic earlier off the net, took 'bout 3 seconds

Dealer- Cornwell Quality Tools
softailgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:05 AM   #10
Chipmunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by junk4dummies View Post
I have a new mega computer with windows 7 64 bit.
I have the new office 2010 home and busniess and all the lastes software form Auto Cad and other design companies.
I can't get the bloody thing to work either.
Are you running on the 32 bit system. Could that be the hang up. If so do I need to convert back form 64 to 32?
All the new computers are going to 64 bit. ????????

I know I am old but I have been using the computers for 25 ears. I even went back to collage to keep up. They still do things I can't figure out. LOL
It is not always the dummy running the computer. Programs hang up.
For the longest time the Google tool bar hung up with Windows xp and Vista. I got that worked out.
Other tool bars keep things form working. Some programs do the same. Old computers can run so slow they will not process the new programs fast enought and lock things out.

I got one Terra bite HD and 12 meg ram with high end graphics. My puter is mega fast. It is a quad core running at 2.4

If anyone gets it figured out send me a pm to let me know what you did to get it working.
Thanks.

Last summer I spilled a cup of hot coffee on my Toshiba Lap Top with Windows XP. It appeared shot, so I bought a new Toshiba with Windows 7. Windows 7 is the biggest piece of shit I have ever bought, it is not an improvement over XP. Windows 7 is so bad, I had a new keypad and extra monitor installed on my old XP and put the Windows 7 in the closet until I can find some fool to buy it.
Chipmunk is offline   Reply With Quote