Welcome to the The Garage Journal Board forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   The Garage Journal Board > Garage Sale > Product and Vendor Reviews

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-06-2012, 10:37 AM   #1
hrlychrly1

Unhappy Lista Cabinets

I came to the conclusion i'd like to have a Lista cabinet in my garage as an alternative to a traditional toolbox. I'm not crazy about their standard colors, so i called Lista customer service and asked for a color chart for their standard & premium colors. Thats been about 4 weeks ago. I spoke w/ an online reseller, but they said they wern't able to help me. I called a local rep, and he requested a premium chart ( quess he didn't see where i asked for both ) and thats been about 2 weeks ago. I called Lista again last week and was told no problem. Still no color charts. I can't understand the problem. Maybe they could only afford to send them by way of wagon train, but i'm not relying on colors from the computer which may or may not be accurate.

I'm just about to the point where i say to hell w/ getting a Lista, and going w/a regular box. Anyone else have these probelms? I know most guys would just go w/ black or red, but i'm not partial to either.
hrlychrly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:17 AM   #2
Linda@Lista

Default Re: Lista Cabinets

Good morning. Well that's unacceptable in my book. I would like to help in any way I can. Let me see if I can scrounge up a color chart that I can send to you and in the meantime I will also send this up to customer service one more time.
Please contact me directly so I can help you in the best way possible.

Linda@Lista
e-mail: lindaodineca@listaintl.com
Linda@Lista is a Marketing Manager for Stanley Storage & Workspace Systems the home of Lista and Vidmar brands. The views expressed on Garage Journal are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of Lista International or Vidmar.
Linda@Lista is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 02-08-2012, 08:25 AM   #3
OilyRascal
Alliance Member

+1 to Lista for monitoring the board for problems/opportunities. If only Craftsman did this
OilyRascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:54 AM   #4
Linda@Lista

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrlychrly1 View Post
I came to the conclusion i'd like to have a Lista cabinet in my garage as an alternative to a traditional toolbox. I'm not crazy about their standard colors, so i called Lista customer service and asked for a color chart for their standard & premium colors. Thats been about 4 weeks ago. I spoke w/ an online reseller, but they said they wern't able to help me. I called a local rep, and he requested a premium chart ( quess he didn't see where i asked for both ) and thats been about 2 weeks ago. I called Lista again last week and was told no problem. Still no color charts. I can't understand the problem. Maybe they could only afford to send them by way of wagon train, but i'm not relying on colors from the computer which may or may not be accurate.

I'm just about to the point where i say to hell w/ getting a Lista, and going w/a regular box. Anyone else have these probelms? I know most guys would just go w/ black or red, but i'm not partial to either.
Hello again,
I have tracked down when I can get the paint chips from and can get them to you by the end of the week. Just let me know which colors you were thinking about and considering and I'll shoot them off to you.

Sorry for the bad first impression but I hope I can remedy that. Also, please send me a PM letting me know what the conversation entailed with customer service.

Linda@Lista
Linda@Lista is a Marketing Manager for Stanley Storage & Workspace Systems the home of Lista and Vidmar brands. The views expressed on Garage Journal are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of Lista International or Vidmar.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:23 PM   #5
ultgar

Default Custom Colors

I try to talk people out of custom colors because of the $250-750 setup charge for Lista Premium colors (there are 10 premium colors) or a $500-2500 upcharge for custom colors. This upcharge is "per order".

You can get just about anything you want but it will come with a cost. SD
ultgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:22 PM   #6
CamarosRus

LISTA will have to have Electric Orange, Extreme Green, Bright Yellow, and the nice Blue and Cranberry Red at competitive pricing to win more sales from Snap On, and MATCO.
ILWU Longshore member
Viet-Nam 68'/69'
Collect/Restore/Judge
69'/70' Camaros

CamarosRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:21 AM   #7
Linda@Lista

I do agree that those colors look amazing on the toolboxes. Really makes them stand out in a crowd.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:31 AM   #8
Stuey

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilyRascal View Post
+1 to Lista for monitoring the board for problems/opportunities. If only Craftsman did this
I'm sure they monitor the boards, many manufacturers do.

Amazon 50-70%-off Tool Deal-Finder
Stuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:28 AM   #9
hrlychrly1

Finally figured out what happened to all the paint chip requests. There are 10 standard and 9 premium paint colors to choose from, and i asked for them all. They actually send you a 2" x 3" piece of steel w/ the powder coated color applied. Imagine 19 pieces of steel in a small padded envelope, which was inside a larger padded envelope, bouncing around the gentleness of the postal system. When i opened my mailbox Saturday, there was that envelope from Lista, tore open on the end, w/ the smaller envelope inside, tore open, w/ 1) sample left. I'm guessing the other 18 samples are somewhere between Harleysville, Pa and Holliston, Ma. Thankfully, a dealer in Ma. had gone over to the plant last week and picked up the colors that i was most interested in, and shipped them to me in one of the postal boxes they have.
I was leaning toward that premium burgundy that looked like Snap On's cranberry online, but in hand, looks more brownish. I think that orange w/ dark gray drawers would look cool, but wouldn't match my gray walled w/ purple/graphite striped garage, so i'm going w/ the premium blue w/ dark gray drawers i think.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:34 AM   #10
hrlychrly1

PS- thanks to Linda and Sharon @ Lista for trying to fix what apparently the postal system screwed up. still can't believe the mailman put that busted up empty envelope in my mailbox.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:36 AM   #11
Linda@Lista

We are happy to help and again I apologize for the mishap. I am working on rewording the websites so that there isn't any misunderstanding going forward. The blue looks very nice on the cabinets!
Linda
Old 02-13-2012, 07:39 AM   #12
ultgar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrlychrly1 View Post
I was leaning toward that premium burgundy that looked like Snap On's cranberry online, but in hand, looks more brownish. I think that orange w/ dark gray drawers would look cool, but wouldn't match my gray walled w/ purple/graphite striped garage, so i'm going w/ the premium blue w/ dark gray drawers i think.
Here are some burgundy installations I've done.....both for Porsche guys...

ultgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:01 AM   #13
Linda@Lista

Thanks for the photos!
Old 03-05-2012, 12:57 AM   #14
JackB

No that I know the Lista marketing strategy, but I think the reason the "fancy colors" cost extra is that most Lista customers are industrial shops that probably couldn't care less about colour. I think the strategy works. I always order reseda green, the extra charge is peanuts IMO.
JackB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 01:18 PM   #15
hrlychrly1

Finally got my Lista cabinet. I think dollar for dollar, it was a way better value than any other option, even the lower priced boxes from Extreme and Montezuma. I got to spec the size cabinet i wanted, then the exact size drawers i wanted. I went w/ a MW1225 cabinet ( 47" wide, 28 1/2" deep, and 52 3/16" high ) w/ 7-2", 3-3", 2-4" and 1-5" drawers. I chose a premium color for the cabinet and a standard color for the drawers. At the end of the day, the only issue i had was w/ the trucking co. I have a 700' long uphill driveway, and they refused to back up it...curbside delivery per co. policy i was told. Luckily, i guess, the straps holding it to the pallet had broken and it had slid off damaging the corner cardboard and front corners of the box. I refused delivery, and when the replacement came 3 weeks later, i ended up going over and picking it up at the terminal. Dealer was great... MotorheadExtraordinaire.com in Chelmsford, Ma. They matched the price the local rep. gave me, saved me Pa. sales tax ( cause Lista has a Pa. presence), plus they only believe in dealing w/ USA made products. And he's a motorhead to boot. If i ever get up that way on the bike, i definitely plan to stop by and say hi. BTW, the black at the bottom of the cabinet is my home made base. 4x4's on the ends and 2x4's on the front and back screwed together and painted black. I never move my box, so never thought about casters for the cabinet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01254.jpg (140.3 KB, 304 views)
Old 04-22-2012, 01:30 PM   #16
bmwpower
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to bmwpower Send a message via Yahoo to bmwpower

Cool color combo.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:48 AM   #17
Linda@Lista

I loove that color combo!
Linda
Old 04-23-2012, 02:27 PM   #18
wornoutoldman

I really dig your vintage Craftsman boxes! Nice Lista too!

"Shining star for you to see, what your life can truly be".

Wanna keep track of all your vehicles maintenance? Click here!
wornoutoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:09 PM   #19
fergus

Wow! I really dig that box...I can see how that many big drawers would be a nice setup. Nice choice on colors too.
fergus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:47 AM   #20
idoitproject

So what was the total price?
idoitproject is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lista customer service