Welcome to the The Garage Journal Board forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   The Garage Journal Board > Garage Sale > ★★ Hot Deals ★★

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-06-2012, 04:49 AM   #1501
Vividlyvintage

Anyone have this air compressor?

Its currently 179.99. 21 gallon 2.5hp 125 psi. I use grinders and other tools for minor restoration and fabrication work. I do not know much about compressors. I know the tank is small so the length of the time of continuous full throttle will be lower than a larger tank but beyond that i am not that knowledgeable about them. Any info would be great. Thanks guys.

Doug

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
www.VividlyVintage.com
My 55 Chrysler Worklog
www.Pop's55.com
Vividlyvintage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:54 AM   #1502
Vividlyvintage

**!!ATTENTION SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA LOCALS!!**

if you dont already know, the Fremont California HF store is having a huge parking lot sale this coming weekend. I think it starts friday but not completely sure. I will check and then update this post. It is usually a mad house on the sales but worth it.
www.VividlyVintage.com
My 55 Chrysler Worklog
www.Pop's55.com

Last edited by Vividlyvintage; 03-06-2012 at 05:05 AM.
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 03-06-2012, 05:26 AM   #1503
Nophix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vividlyvintage View Post

Its currently 179.99. 21 gallon 2.5hp 125 psi. I use grinders and other tools for minor restoration and fabrication work. I do not know much about compressors. I know the tank is small so the length of the time of continuous full throttle will be lower than a larger tank but beyond that i am not that knowledgeable about them. Any info would be great. Thanks guys.

Doug

I got it with a super coupon from Rider magazine for $129. So far, so good.

It drives my big Matco impact, spray gun, die grinders, and a few other tools OK. It isn't high end, but it works.

Follow proper break in and then don't use the compressor oil. Check the manual for colder climates, I believe its plain non detergent 30wt recommended. It'll have better cold starts, and it'll quiet down a bit.

BTW, this thing is a bit noisy. Not terrible, but enough to annoy you after a while.

Overall, for a cheap little compressor, I'm quite happy. I also sprang for the service plan, just in case.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk
Nophix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:48 AM   #1504
Vividlyvintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nophix View Post
I got it with a super coupon from Rider magazine for $129. So far, so good.

It drives my big Matco impact, spray gun, die grinders, and a few other tools OK. It isn't high end, but it works.

Follow proper break in and then don't use the compressor oil. Check the manual for colder climates, I believe its plain non detergent 30wt recommended. It'll have better cold starts, and it'll quiet down a bit.

BTW, this thing is a bit noisy. Not terrible, but enough to annoy you after a while.

Overall, for a cheap little compressor, I'm quite happy. I also sprang for the service plan, just in case.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk
Awesome thanks for the info

thanks,
Douglas Johnson
"Skrach"
www.VividlyVintage.com
www.VividlyVintage.com
My 55 Chrysler Worklog
www.Pop's55.com
Old 03-06-2012, 06:08 AM   #1505
DARK AGE 53

Default Re: Harbor Freight Coupon Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by trboxman View Post
ITC only costs $20.00 when they apply the $10 gift card to the membership. It's not hard to recoup the $20.00 over the course of a year.
I've been wanting to join but the two items in the ITC flyer that I want are always out of stock, the savings would be $10 each over the best super coupon I've seen, plus the $10 gift card would make joining free....hopefully the next time I'm in there they'll have them in stock.
DARK AGE 53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:27 AM   #1506
scottybaccus

Just a reminder to everyone, keep one eye on the HF website and the other on their sale flyer. In my area, they just had a big sale, but I had been shopping the website earlier in the week, so when I saw prices that didn't look familiar, I went to my smart phone to double check.
In the end, I saved about $50 on a few items, $10 at a time, over and above the sale flyer, because it was priced lower online. They matched it right in the store just by glancing at my phone to confirm the lower price.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:20 AM   #1507
DARK AGE 53

Anyone have the $39.99 super coupon for the 1000 Lb. steel loading ramps http://www.harborfreight.com/2-piece...mps-44649.html ? Thanks
Old 03-06-2012, 07:48 AM   #1508
darkk

Quote:
Its currently 179.99. 21 gallon 2.5hp 125 psi.
I have that compressor. It is pretty good but for light duty. I got mine for $129 with a super coupon. I have seen it recently for $139. If I had to spend close to $200 for it I would buy a larger used compressor. The regulator failed the first week, took a month to get a new one. Next the run capacitor failed on it over a month ago. HF part is still on backorder until mid april. Parts availability sucks. It is only rated for 20 starts per hour, after that you run the risk of the capacitor failing like mine. If you are going to be using it for several hours at a time with air tools, I would pass on it. I don't thnik it will stand up to the useage.
darkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:15 AM   #1509
DARK AGE 53

How can I copy the coupon for the loading ramps from here http://content.yudu.com/A1veyl/Oklah...sources/25.htm ?
Old 03-06-2012, 08:48 AM   #1510
darkk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARK AGE 53 View Post
How can I copy the coupon for the loading ramps from here http://content.yudu.com/A1veyl/Oklah...sources/25.htm ?
There is the option at the top of the page to print the page. Try to upscale the printers page size.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:56 AM   #1511
BD1

Quote:
I've been wanting to join but the two items in the ITC flyer that I want are always out of stock, the savings would be $10 each over the best super coupon I've seen, plus the $10 gift card would make joining free....hopefully the next time I'm in there they'll have them in stock.
Did you ask for a RAIN CHECK ??? The store I go will give me one so I can buy later at same price. Sometimes I will go the last day of sale hoping they will be sold out so I have additional time to think about purchase.
BD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:29 AM   #1512
ScottFW

Quote:
I have the Northern Tools version, basically identical to this one except for the stickers on the tank. In addition to the other comments I would throw out a cautionary note regarding duty cycle. I was running a cutoff wheel that it couldn't keep up with, and after running for 6-8 minutes nearly continuously I heard something like a pop/bang, and it stopped compressing air. Don't know if it snapped the rod or what, didn't tear down to inspect since it was under warranty and I got a replacement for free. I've been easier on the new one and it's going on two years now and working fine, but when I get the garage wired for 230V I'll probably be upgrading.

If you want a cheap entry into the world of air tools it's not a bad way to go. It's great for running my impact wrench, light use of grinders and air drills, and it's not terribly heavy so I was able to get it inside the house to run various nailers while installing my hardwood floors. If you're looking to do lots of continuous duty grinding or sanding, buy something better because this one won't keep up.
ScottFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:22 PM   #1513
DARK AGE 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkk View Post
There is the option at the top of the page to print the page. Try to upscale the printers page size.
I can't get it to work, hopefully someone can post a copy here. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD1 View Post
Did you ask for a RAIN CHECK ??? The store I go will give me one so I can buy later at same price. Sometimes I will go the last day of sale hoping they will be sold out so I have additional time to think about purchase.
Nope, it's good until the 29th of this month.....the HF nearest me is 80 miles round trip, if I get there before the 29th I'll see what happens. Thanks.
Old 03-06-2012, 03:25 PM   #1514
darkk

Quote:
I can't get it to work, hopefully someone can post a copy here. Thanks.

Nope, it's good until the 29th of this month.....the HF nearest me is 80 miles round trip, if I get there before the 29th I'll see what happens. Thanks.
That's odd, printing works for me....take a picture of the add or load it up on your phone, that has worked for me also...
Old 03-06-2012, 03:50 PM   #1515
DARK AGE 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkk View Post
That's odd, printing works for me....take a picture of the add or load it up on your phone, that has worked for me also...
Not odd at all, my knowledge of computers is that I know how to spell computer...that's it.

Now my knowledge of today's phones is another story, it's less then ^^^^^. BTW, I have no picture capacity on my phone, I sure miss those rotary phones.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:01 AM   #1516
Errol Wentworth

See if this works for you.
Errol Wentworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:48 AM   #1517
saltysteve

Quote:
Anyone have the $39.99 super coupon for the 1000 Lb. steel loading ramps http://www.harborfreight.com/2-piece...mps-44649.html ? Thanks
Nope but pm me if you find it !!

Lol, there it is above me!! Damn refresh!!
Thanks

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Last edited by saltysteve; 03-07-2012 at 05:52 AM.
saltysteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:20 AM   #1518
DARK AGE 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Errol Wentworth View Post
See if this works for you.
Thank you.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:37 AM   #1519
SQ is the SQUAD

Send a message via AIM to SQ is the SQUAD

Quote:

Doug

i have one that is broke. i reviced it that way (not from HF). i can getit running but it chokes out really bad at firt. i need to keep switching it on and off until the motor builds enough momentum to kick in. once it gets going it runs pretty good. i havent had a chance to really play with it. i want to drain the oil and at new 30wt gear oil to see if that helps. i am sure its something stupid stopping it from cold starting.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:01 AM   #1520
rich121

Anyone have a recent coupon for the 56", 11 Drawer Industrial Roller Cabinet Item #67681?
rich121 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
$349 hf coupon, 13 drawer hf box, 20% off coupon, harbor freight, harbor freight = great!, hf coupons, hf tool box