Welcome to the The Garage Journal Board forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   The Garage Journal Board > The Garage > Flooring

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-30-2012, 11:52 PM   #1
winnipegk5

Default Racedeck Layout Finalized (I think )

Finished the final layout tonight for our Race Deck floor. Moved from the orginal checker pattern plan to straight line 1 black - 4 graphite pattern running front to back with a black border. Hope to get it ordered this week.

Sorry no picture as I can't figure how to convert RaceDeck layout to a file I can upload
winnipegk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:03 AM   #2
danieldolin

Default Re: Racedeck Layout Finalized (I think )

one thing I can recommend for your install from my experience last weekend, don't cut your edge tiles when you first do the layout... I did, left about 3/8 inch gap for expansion on all sides, then the next day a portion of the floor was exposed to direct sunlight for several hours and this was no where near enough of a gap as the center started to buckle. I found myself ripping up the edge tiles and re-cutting them and taking off another 1/2 - 3/4 inch. I am now going around and re-cutting all the edge pieces I trimmed.

So do your layout, let it sit for several days and take periodic measurments to see how much it will expand prior to making your cuts... don't forget, you can always cut more but can not put material back!
danieldolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 05-01-2012, 10:18 AM   #3
RaceDeck1

Default Re: Racedeck Layout Finalized (I think )

We have many tips for RaceDeck installations that apply to the various climates around the world.

One tip that we recommend is to set you RaceDeck floor in the garage or driveway during the day while you are installing your floor and if possible, do you installation at warmest part of day ( or when the sun exposure is greatest). This works really well in climates where there are huge temperature swings over 24 hours ( like a desert area where it can be 90-110 in the day and in the 50's at night.

and as always, you can always call us.
Proudly made in the U.S.A / All under "1" roof - ISO 9001:2008 Certified for Quality

"Imitation Is The Sincerest Form of Inferiority" insist on Genuine RaceDeck® Flooring

"All Garage Journal Members Get Exclusive Deals"

http://www.racedeck.com - 800-457-0174
"My Garage Makes Me Happy™
RaceDeck1 is offline   Reply With Quote