Welcome to the The Garage Journal Board forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   The Garage Journal Board > The Tools > General Tool Discussion

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-04-2012, 01:21 AM   #1
ajchien

Default Cripe distributing, website or eBay?

Is there any difference between ordering off of cripe's website vs. their cripe eBay site?

I first found them on eBay, Didn't know they had a separate website until recently.
.... The fact that this is diametrically opposed to any philosophy that I actually have or that it's an assertion not even factually supported by what I have written will be lost on you because we're just strangers lapping at each other's keyboard vomit.
ajchien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:22 AM   #2
retDAC

Default Re: Cripe distributing, website or eBay?

I don't think so. If you want something advertised only on their website and something else advertised only on ebay and you want to make only one order, you'd better call them. Guess how I know?

Best of Luck in Your Honorable Endeavors!

Dave McDaniel
retDAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 05-04-2012, 07:23 AM   #3
powertrip

Since they "updated" their website it is horrible. Impossible to search. If you can stand that and are able to find what you want go ahead and use it. I believe shipping is the same either way.
powertrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:28 AM   #4
warmpancakes

ebay was cheaper for me I ordered a set of wrenches and it was 5.00 cheaper on ebay and I got ebay bucks

"If you want to walk the heavenly streets of gold.......you gotta know the password, "Roll, tide, roll!"
Bear Bryant

Note: This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, or may entirely lack a coherent theme. These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the overall beauty of the post.

Last edited by warmpancakes; 05-04-2012 at 07:33 AM.
warmpancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:38 AM   #5
Fedwrench
Alliance Member

Yes. The selection may be different. There are often items listed on ebay that don't show up on the piece of crap website they have and vice versa. I find things from ebay get shipped faster than ordering from their piece of crap website.
You can't use coupon code RDKBS for 5% off your order (excluding shipping) on Ebay on though.
On a different issue though, I feel Cripe is raising their prices and their deals aren't as good as they were especially when you add shipping.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:34 PM   #6
trboxman

ebay. Their website sucks bilge water.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:15 PM   #7
stratman977

I noticed the prices going up as well. Their ship time has gotten really slow as of the past month or two. I ordered a big load over the weekend and then on monday I ordered one small thing. They shipped the monday order same day. I sent them an email asking if they missed my weekend order cause I have had them do that before and I got a snippy response back saying they are on a 3 to 5 day backlog. Apparently they have two warehouses now and orders that don't all come from the same one take forever.

They ship larger orders in some sort of flat rate ups box most of my big orders from ebay come in the same size box and when I ask for combined shipping quote its always 17.50. On the website the have some formula for weight and size. If you are going to order a ton of small items I'd use ebay cause their website will rack up the shipping charges.
stratman977 is offline   Reply With Quote