Welcome to the The Garage Journal Board forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   The Garage Journal Board > The Garage > Free Parking

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-04-2012, 05:33 PM   #21
G_P

Default Re: Bad Luck

Good thing you took that brethalyzer too. Here it is an automatic 6 month license suspension if you refuse to blow when asked by an officer.
G_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 06:49 PM   #22
BD1

Good day for you, BUT the next person that got stopped by that cop is gonna be in for it. You just made one pissed off cop.
BD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 05-04-2012, 07:39 PM   #23
Mike in Ohio

My favorite pissed off cop story:

An old friend of mine used to to deliver drywall to construction sites. One day he has a load of steel studs that go all the way up to the boom on his drywall truck. You construction guys know what those weight, anyhow the state trooper pulls him over and tells him he is way overweight. My friend says I wll bet you $20.00 I am 10,000 under for this truck. Cop says no way, you are at least 10,000 over. Short version is after waiting an hour and a half for the portable scales to show up he was 10,200 under max gross. He said he saw the cop adding up the fines as he added up the axle weights, when he got his total he threw his clipboard at the windshield of his car and told my friend to "get the hell out of here". Chuck said the guy was so pissed off that he didn't have the guts to remind him about the bet.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:53 PM   #24
NUTTSGT
Super Moderator

Did you ever tell him the boat belonged to your buddy and you were helping him out ? He could have ran the plates on the boat trailer to back up your story.

Too much is.... Just enough.

My garage refurb thread.
http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=75024

Are you military or prior military ? Please visit OUR thread and post your experience.
http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=64422

Take a look what your USA honorable service may have done for you.
http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=100237
NUTTSGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:24 PM   #25
Al Bundy

He made up the story about the complaint thinking he was going to nab a DUI on their way home from drinking in the boat. Pretty typical behavior and the very reason a lot of people have a problem with cops.
Al Bundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:19 PM   #26
KEH

It's obvious that some states and towns enforce traffic laws to raise revenue. If that offends any LEOs that's too bad but it's proveable that this is the case. More to the point of the OP, If I had a bad experience with a cop acting unprofessionally, I would first find his superior and complain to him. If no joy there, I would find politicians and complain to them, preferrably in an election year. All this can and has been done. If the situation is serious enough to result in the cop losing his job, the LEO community looks after their own and usually the offending cop has no trouble getting another job in a different juristiction.

KEH
KEH is offline   Reply With Quote