Welcome to the The Garage Journal Board forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   The Garage Journal Board > To The Editors > Questions & Suggestions

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-04-2012, 10:00 AM   #1
SMKS

Default Allow replies in Made in the U.S.A. section

Why are replies disabled in the Made in the USA section of the forum? People sometimes post incorrect info and there's no way to point it out.

For example, check out this thread:
http://garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137130

Wrangler jeans ARE NOT made in the USA anymore. They moved production to Mexico. I went to politely point out that fact, but realized I wasn't able to reply. Now people looking in the forum will get incorrect information.

Last edited by stephen9666; 04-04-2012 at 10:24 AM.
SMKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:21 AM   #2
thetreshon

Default Re: Allow replies in Made in the U.S.A. section

+1

I was JUST thinking this today...again...for the 2nd time. Noticed that couple months ago.
thetreshon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 04-04-2012, 10:24 AM   #3
Zrexxer

I pointed out the fact that Wranglers are made in Mexico to the admins when that guy posted it, and they chose to let it ride. So apparently accuracy isn't a big concern.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:57 PM   #4
Bull
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zrexxer View Post
I pointed out the fact that Wranglers are made in Mexico to the admins when that guy posted it, and they chose to let it ride. So apparently accuracy isn't a big concern.
Of course, I'm sure it's an intentional policy to disregard accuracy. It's unlikely that the admins are just busy.

I'll send Ryan a message, since mods don't have the power to do anything in that forum.

EUDAIMONIA
Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:24 PM   #5
Zrexxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull View Post
I'll send Ryan a message, since mods don't have the power to do anything in that forum.
So who exactly does the message go to when you hit the "Report" button then, if mods don't have any power to do anything in that forum?

Because if it goes to Ryan, then he was originally made aware of it through that avenue.

Awfully testy though, for something you claim to have no power over to begin with.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:57 PM   #6
mtwaterguy

Quote:
So who exactly does the message go to when you hit the "Report" button then, if mods don't have any power to do anything in that forum?

Because if it goes to Ryan, then he was originally made aware of it through that avenue.

Awfully testy though, for something you claim to have no power over to begin with.
One of the first posts incorrectly mentioned that a manufacturer was "all American". I was told that it made enough in the US to be included. I guess that the info in that thread shouild be questioned and researched if you are interested in purchasing from a recomended company. Kind of defeats the purpose of the thread I would think.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:10 PM   #7
Bull
Super Moderator

Quote:

The tone of my reply matches that of your approach.

I looked around in that forum and it seems like mods actually can change stuff, which I didn't know.

I have no idea who gets the "reported" messages. I rarely ever see any, which I have mentioned in the mod forum a few times over the years.

EUDAIMONIA
Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:14 PM   #8
never enuf time

I also would like reply's in the Made in USA section. Not only could we report if a line is not made in USA, We could review specific products, where purchased, & how much it cost.

I don't goto that section much but, if it included the above , it would become a regular view.
never enuf time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:01 PM   #9
bp460

I would like the option to post replies as well. I wanted to comment on the Head power cushion socks... I have been wearing them for years and love them.

-Brad
bp460 is offline   Reply With Quote