Welcome to the The Garage Journal Board forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   The Garage Journal Board > The Tools > General Tool Discussion

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-10-2012, 10:03 AM   #1
22rifle

Default Stuey's ToolGuyd site was topic of discussion on local radio station this morning

On the way to work I flipped on 820am out of the DFW area to see if Brad Barton was talking about the upcoming weather. The radio hosts were talking about tools. When I heard "toolguyd.com, spelled t-o-o-l-g-u-y-d-dot-com" my ears perked up. Their juvenile stupidity aside, they gave a nice plug for the site. They wrapped up the segment with repeating the site name including the spelling.
22rifle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:14 AM   #2
puttsy

Default Re: Stuey's ToolGuyd site was topic of discussion on local radio station this morning

Awesome! Think Stuey was involved with it? Sounds like awesome publicity. Any idea if the station puts their show online?

Also, I am a bit surprised you heard it in the DFW area...Stuey is based out of Ohio as far as I knew so it's pretty cool it's made radio chatter down there. Thanks for posting!

Beginners Guide to Screwdrivers and such

My vices:
Maglite's 'n Nalgene's, Lego's, Oh, and maybe tape.

Last edited by puttsy; Not that long ago. Reason: Spelling error, bad grammar, change in mind, change in mood, who knows
puttsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 05-10-2012, 10:15 AM   #3
Stuey

Default Re: Stuey's ToolGuyd site was topic of discussion on local radio station this morning

Very cool, and thanks for the info!

I wonder if they pronounced it ToolGuide or ToolGuy-D. Potential plug benefits aside, I'm always happy to hear that people find the content useful. That they must have liked it enough to mention it on the radio made my morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puttsy View Post
Awesome! Think Stuey was involved with it? Sounds like awesome publicity. Any idea if the station puts their show online?

Also, I am a bit surprised you heard it in the DFW area...Stuey is based out of Ohio as far as I knew so it's pretty cool it's made radio chatter down there. Thanks for posting!
No, this was news to me.

Ohio? I'm in NYC/NJ area. =)

Amazon 50-70%-off Tool Deal-Finder
Stuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:17 AM   #4
22rifle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuey View Post
Very cool, and thanks for the info!

I wonder if they pronounced it ToolGuide or ToolGuy-D. Potential plug benefits aside, I'm always happy to hear that people find the content useful. That they must have liked it enough to mention it on the radio made my morning.
The pronounced it toolguide, but specified the spelling.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:27 PM   #5
Stuey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22rifle View Post
The pronounced it toolguide, but specified the spelling.
Sweet!

I'm curious about what they liked enough to mention it for. Not that there's not lots to like, of course.

Old 05-10-2012, 12:30 PM   #6
22rifle

Quote:
Sweet!

I'm curious about what they liked enough to mention it for. Not that there's not lots to like, of course.
The theme was tools every man needs. Something about Father's day coming up.
Old 05-12-2012, 01:01 AM   #7
Boost Creep

Quote:
I wonder if they pronounced it ToolGuide or ToolGuy-D.
wow. i've never read it any other way than tool guy d. had no clue it was pronounced another way
Boost Creep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:43 PM   #8
Stuey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
wow. i've never read it any other way than tool guy d. had no clue it was pronounced another way
One of these days I'll modify the logo so that the capital T and G are more pronounced. Or not, how it's read doesn't make a big difference.

e.g. the discussions on whether Knipex is pronounced "ni-pex" or "ki-ni-pex" or something else. In the end it doesn't really matter.