Welcome to the The Garage Journal Board forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   The Garage Journal Board > The Garage > General Garage Discussion

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-26-2010, 07:41 AM   #1
renstyle

Default One and a half car garage ideas

Hello all, first post here. I've read alot on the site so far and am excited to begin planning a new shop/garage.

Does anybody here have some good pics of some 1 1/2 car garages? Something with a single car door, with a side workshop that takes up less space than a full 2-car 24x24 layout.

I don't have any true space restrictions, my lot is large enough to accomodate even a 4-car garage, at the expense of the kids' play area.

I am also looking for ideas of craftsman/arts & crafts style siding and accents, which should compliment the home.

I'm so new I don't even know which questions to anticipate, or if any pics of the site would be helpful?

Alot of great ideas here already, thanks for making all the new ppl feel welcome.
renstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:11 AM   #2
purpony

Default Re: One and a half car garage ideas

here is a pic of mine, its more of a shed then a garage. I over built it a little but it will never fall down, haha

its a 16x20 with 11ft interior ceiling and a walk in attic. With the high ceiling i was able to put a 16' x 4' loft across the back, and also working nowon building another 16' x 4' loft on one side. Under each loft i have a 2' deep work bench.

This gives me the parking for my tractor and lawnmowers, and the lofts hold all my patio furniture in the winter and allows a good place for all the kids toys. Also with the tall ceiling i can hang all the bikes out of the way.

Then I also have the attic for alot of junk storage. If you dont want to take up alot of yard build up! However, if you are looking to park a car, i would say, build it at least 22'-23' deep, or for some extra room up front, or a larger loft, got 25'-26' deep.

the garage door is 12'x9'
-1998 Lincoln Mark VIII LCS - 18" mustang wheels, T-bird suspension, 3.73s, Jmod, Xcal3, Magnaflow
-2004 F-150 SuperCrew - 6" Lift, 35" M/Ts on 20x9s, Xcal, Magnaflow
-1998 Explorer Limited V8 AWD
-1988 F-250 Dually ATS Turbo 7.3
-1999 Buell X1 Lightning - Painted, Tuned, XB updates
-2007 JD 2320 CUT

Last edited by purpony; 02-28-2010 at 03:51 PM.
purpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 02-26-2010, 09:48 AM   #3
renstyle

Default Re: One and a half car garage ideas

beautiful work, nice and classy!

the better half was concerned about height since our garage will sit between our home and our "back/side yard" (lot is a rectangle, house is situated on one end with the front of the house facing one of the "long sides" of the lot, so no backyard, but a huge "side yard" about 100'x60').

this configuration might change her mind. I was looking for something that could store our Buick LeSabre, but the main use for the structure is my workshop.

Thanks for the pic, and the ideas!
renstyle is offline   Reply With Quote