Welcome to the The Garage Journal Board forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   The Garage Journal Board > Garage Sale > Product and Vendor Reviews

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-01-2010, 09:02 PM   #21
spd_speedwerks

Default Re: Montezuma Tool Boxes

Talk to Shannon Flesner at Strictlytoolboxes.com I recieved my box today and had an issue with a chipped drawer. Though this wasn't Shannon's fault he is willing to do whatever it takes to make it right. Great guy. He's on here as Global72. I didn't expect the Montezuma box to be perfect. Nothing ever is when shipped cross country. But the customer service I have gotten definitely is. As far as the claims of it being made it china? So are snap on's blue point tools. They are still warrantied. And I don't have a weekly bill for my box. I OWN IT! Bottom LINE. Buy a montezuma. And buy it from shannon. Trust me. You can say whatever you want but when it's in your garage and you own it you'll be happy and dying to rub it in the face of your buddies paying every week just to be able to store there stuff in a brand name box.
spd_speedwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 12:57 AM   #22
TLCDino

Send a message via AIM to TLCDino Send a message via Skype™ to TLCDino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Koehn View Post
Thanks to all who have purchased a "Montezuma" toolbox. We pride ourselves in our products whether it be our domestically made or import product. If it says "Montezuma" it is a product we are proud of and will make sure you as our customers are completely satisfied with it.
We are just wholesale at the factory as we sell thru a network of distributors which are listed on our website www.montezumamfg.com
However with that said I want to open our phone lines to you so that we can answer any questions you have about our products. Give us a call at 1-800-759-5157 or email me vincek@ucom.net
We have produced our "portable" toolboxes for over 25 years in the US and continue to do so. We import our "top chest & roller cabinet" toolboxes which are built to our specs. We as a US manufacture could not improve on the quality we see in our import line if we built them in the US. Our goal was to introduce a high quality, affordable toolbox that could indeed be compared to the leading brands in the toolbox industry today.
There are certain cost cutting measure frequently seen in the toolbox industry that we will not do such as cutting the ga. of steel down, decreasing drawer slide capacity, reducing caster weight rating, etc.
If you purchase any "Montezuma" toolbox of any kind and for some reason are not completely happy, we want to know call us direct and we will absolutely make it right.
If you have a "Montezuma" toolbox send me a "in-use" picture along with a proof of purchase (receipt, etc.) and we will send you a free hat or t-shirt your choice.

Vince Koehn
President
Montezuma Mfg., Inc.
29502 12 Rd.
Montezuma, KS 67867
1-800-759-5157
vincek@ucom.net
www.montezumamfg.com
That is a really amazing quote, Vince. I commend you for being the type of president that would post on Board and speak up for your product as well as leave your email. Bravo
TLCDino is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 12-31-2010, 01:50 AM   #23
Okuma

I too would like to commend Vince for his comments. I have been in the market for a new chest for about 3 months now and was ready to pull the trigger on a Montezuma box. Unfortunately, it now looks as if the Montezuma boxes are no longer made of 16ga steel. The Montezuma website lists them at 20ga. Vince, do you still have any of the older, 16 ga chests available. Would love to get my hands on a couple. Thank you and Happy New Year!

Chris
Okuma is offline   Reply With Quote