Welcome to the The Garage Journal Board forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   The Garage Journal Board > The Garage > Garage Gallery

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 08-07-2008, 05:42 PM   #1
Question

Default My New Garage

Hi, just found you guys, sorry it wasn't last year when I was building my new garage. Basic garage is now done but still need to finish my work shop and add a 4 post car lift. I still have more questions that I'm sure that you guys can answer.

The Garage is a 26X30 with 10'4" ceilings. Walls made with 2X6 with truss for the roof. The floor is 6" thick and finished with epoxy paint. I painted the floor before the drywall so that the drywall dust didn't get into the cement. Walls and ceiling insulated, 2 car doors, 3 regular doors and 4 regular windows, also added 6 cellar windows over the garage doors so that I can get air flow thru the garage, this works well since the garage doors face the prevailing winds, they were the only windows that size that I could get that opened... and they were cheap. Door openers offset to one side with rail extensions to put them at the ceiling.

The car lift is going to go where the Camaro is , the other space is for the wife's iron. The front 10ft will be my wood work shop and man town, thinking of a curtain wall to seperate the two, but still looking for advice on this.

Will have more questions latter.

Glad I found you guys..

PS.. do you still have to make small pics? I see lots of big ones?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P6090004.JPG (34.5 KB, 134 views)
File Type: jpg MVC-849F.JPG (23.9 KB, 111 views)
File Type: jpg P9230003.JPG (31.8 KB, 148 views)
File Type: jpg P1110004.JPG (28.4 KB, 193 views)
File Type: jpg MVC-818F.JPG (42.8 KB, 182 views)
File Type: jpg MVC-848F.JPG (25.7 KB, 175 views)
Question is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 05:50 PM   #2
5wndwcpe

Default Re: My New Garage

That's a novel approach with those windows on the front for sure. Welcome aboard !

In the beginning, the Patriot is a scarce man, a brave man, a hated man and scorned man. When his cause succeeds, however,the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.
5wndwcpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 08-08-2008, 07:03 AM   #3
82_454_shorty

Default Re: My New Garage

Great space buddy! You'll love this site.
82_454_shorty is offline   Reply With Quote