Welcome to the The Garage Journal Board forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   The Garage Journal Board > The Garage > Garage Gallery

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-09-2017, 04:06 PM   #181
hoyt

Default Re: Re-Purposed Machine Shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubberrodder View Post
I liked the aerial shot from 1967. Do you have a currant picture? Google earth perhaps? The shop looks to be amazing. That '54 Desoto is sweet. I like the Plymouth coupe too. My dad had a Plymouth PICK-UP the same year. It ended up with coupe sheet metal on it as the original farm truck stuff lost several arguments with a bull.
I apologize for neglecting to reply. I'm going through my journal and fixing typos and bad links to images. I had posted this more recent image back at the beginning of the journal. As requested, here's a modern day image of the same location.
hoyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 06:11 PM   #182
gte718p

Very cool shop. I lived in Norfolk for almost 6 years and it is bugging me I can't place the intersection from page 1. It looks so familiar, yet not right.
gte718p is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 05-09-2017, 08:42 PM   #183
gte718p

I finally figured, it is a major intersection. I've also been to the business in front (I'm guessing that is the seasonal business?) many times for parts and service. No idea it belonged to a GJ member. Small world some times.
gte718p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 10:15 PM   #184
hoyt

Quote:
Originally Posted by gte718p View Post
I finally figured, it is a major intersection. I've also been to the business in front (I'm guessing that is the seasonal business?) many times for parts and service. No idea it belonged to a GJ member. Small world some times.
You got it. The business in the front is a log-time tenant.
hoyt is offline   Reply With Quote