Welcome to the The Garage Journal Board forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   The Garage Journal Board > The Garage > Garage Gallery

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-11-2016, 02:06 AM   #101
Hostyle

Default Re: Townhouse garage in The Netherlands

DforDucati, rings a bell Was thinking of doing the IJsselmeer ride on the 22nd. But.. I'll be heading to the UK next weekend for a 5 day trip, will have to see how much I ache after riding there :P

I'll give a shout when I'm at the DCR and spot your pitbox. Gotta have to visit PowerSeal and Moto Puro as well.
Hostyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 11:54 AM   #102
rdougan

Time for an update..

Lots of things have been happening recently. I've basically been working "full-time" on getting everything *finally* done.

First up - the floor. The guys came and poured the floor. It went down a lot quicker than I thought - it only took a few hours, over 3 days.

Pouring the floor by Robert Dougan, on Flickr

Floor poured by Robert Dougan, on Flickr

Polishing the floor by Robert Dougan, on Flickr

It self levels, so that was handy. It just meant that everything needed metal edging, which was a bit of a pain.

It's been over a month now, and we are pretty happy with it. The finish is really nice, and imperfections are not an issue due to the shading.

Next up was the kitchen!! Which was pretty damn exciting, as we have been waiting for this for 2 years. Things take a lot longer than you think..

Kitchen arrived by Robert Dougan, on Flickr

Massive worktop! by Robert Dougan, on Flickr

When it first arrived, I immediately regret the size of the island :/ It felt so big (because it is). But after installation, and cleaning up - we are really happy with it. The size feels good.

Kitchen installed! by Robert Dougan, on Flickr

I love this. I've been waiting to take a picture like this for a long time...
rdougan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 06-29-2016, 12:23 PM   #103
rdougan

And since the kitchen installation, I've just been doing all the finishing touches.

Painting, baseboard, installing the door on the boiler room, painting, spot lights, sanding and putting baseboard around the stairs, more painting, cleaning up the electric cabinet - and finally adding doors to it, finishing off the light switches and plugs - oh, and did I mention painting?

Painting by Robert Dougan, on Flickr

Meter cabinet cleaned up by Robert Dougan, on Flickr

Blackboard cabinet doors installed by Robert Dougan, on Flickr

Light switches in the Kitchen by Robert Dougan, on Flickr

Spotlights in the Kitchen by Robert Dougan, on Flickr

Boiler room by Robert Dougan, on Flickr

Plug sockets on the brick wall by Robert Dougan, on Flickr

Blackboard by Robert Dougan, on Flickr
Old 06-30-2016, 03:42 AM   #104
Hostyle

Looking great Robert! The kitchen is a masterpiece, love the photo with your Duc next to it.

Thinking back... We've stood right next to each other at the DCR while watching the Brittens do their thing. When I was walking downstairs it only dawned on me that could've been you. Shame I didn't think of that earlier, could've at least said hi.
Old 06-30-2016, 03:45 AM   #105
TomcoPDR

amazing

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=290601
TomcoPDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 03:46 AM   #106
melle

Fantastic progress and amazing level of detail.
melle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 04:18 AM   #107
NTCRS

Love it!
NTCRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 07:20 AM   #108
rdougan

Thanks everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hostyle View Post
Looking great Robert! The kitchen is a masterpiece, love the photo with your Duc next to it.

Thinking back... We've stood right next to each other at the DCR while watching the Brittens do their thing. When I was walking downstairs it only dawned on me that could've been you. Shame I didn't think of that earlier, could've at least said hi.
haha - I completely forgot about messaging you before the race, sorry. I was a little preoccupied with the race :P

I ended up crashing in the race though The weather was fantastic all day, then it started to drizzle just as I went on the track. Ended up loosing on the front on the 3/4 lap shame though, as I was 2nd at the time and catching the leader. But live and learn.

Assen by Robert Dougan, on Flickr
Old 06-30-2016, 08:07 PM   #109
Bib Overalls

Following you on Flickr.

My photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ratpoison/

When I am dead and gone a new owner will walk into my 99% completed dream shop and say "this place has potential."
Bib Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 08:11 AM   #110
Hostyle

Shame to hear about your off Robert. I take it the bike's still rideable?

Atiba, the guy running the Monster 1200R in the races, took a tumble last weekend at the Dutch TT riding the Dutch Ducati Challenge. His bike's gone. Tank ripped clean from the frame, rear wheel in multiple pieces, etc... He's okay though, just a bit sore.
Old 07-01-2016, 08:41 AM   #111
Skyline

Hope you're OK from your crash. At least very soon you'll have a beautiful garage ready to fix the bike. Progress looks awesome!
Old 07-07-2016, 02:16 PM   #112
rdougan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hostyle View Post
Shame to hear about your off Robert. I take it the bike's still rideable?

Atiba, the guy running the Monster 1200R in the races, took a tumble last weekend at the Dutch TT riding the Dutch Ducati Challenge. His bike's gone. Tank ripped clean from the frame, rear wheel in multiple pieces, etc... He's okay though, just a bit sore.
Yeah the bike is fine. I was ready to race again, but they cancelled my 2nd race. Annoying.

Ouch - did not hear about that. He was seriously quick on that Monster..
Old 11-03-2016, 03:45 PM   #113
rdougan

Time for another update.

I finally got around to installing the final lights in the kitchen - only to find out the wiring didn't work. Turns out, I didn't connect the bloody things. Not sure how this slipped by. Myself and my wife both swears we tested the cables. But we didn't. Ended up cutting a hole out and having the plastered again. Waste of time and effort. Very stupid mistake.

I stupidly didn't connect some wires in the ceiling - before it was plastered. i had to cut a hole and connect it up. Stupidest mistake so far. by Robert Dougan, on Flickr

I stupidly didn't connect some wires in the ceiling - before it was plastered. i had to cut a hole and connect it up. Stupidest mistake so far. by Robert Dougan, on Flickr

Next up was the garage door glass. There was only single glazing installed before, and it was security glass with wire in it. It made the place look like a business - and was freezing. I took out all the panes and replaced them with double glazing. Much warmer and much better looking.

Replacing the old single glazing with new clear double glazing. by Robert Dougan, on Flickr

Replacing the old single glazing with new clear double glazing. by Robert Dougan, on Flickr

On to the current project. The new bathroom. The old 'half-bath' toilet was ripped out as it will be part of the new bathroom. Horrible work. The entire internals of the house is made of wood - apart from this one toilet. No supporting walls or anything. Just, for some reason, previous owners decided to use bricks. It was horrible to remove. Dirty and heavy. Not fun carrying all those bags down the stairs...

The old toilet, soon to be a shower area in the new bathroom. by Robert Dougan, on Flickr

Here you can see the hidden space that I had blocked up before. It used to be part of the old kitchen.

Hidden room (which was part of the old kitchen). Before removing the toilet. by Robert Dougan, on Flickr

And after. Toilet (and wall) removed. Wall framing, door frame and internal window frame installed.

New bathroom. Wall framing, door frame and internal window frame added. by Robert Dougan, on Flickr

I've just about finishing the plumbing for this bathroom, then on to the stucco and tiling. Hoping that will be done in the next week or so.

And finally the washroom. I installed the cabinetry and done some tiling to finish it off. I still need to install a shelf, but basically done.

Installing the cabinets in the new wash room. by Robert Dougan, on Flickr

Tiling the new washroom. by Robert Dougan, on Flickr
Old 11-08-2016, 04:55 AM   #114
Hostyle

Great work Robert! Those new windows really give the front a new look
Old 11-08-2016, 05:58 AM   #115
doubledeez

Really amazing place, I live in the wrong country....
doubledeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 06:32 AM   #116
sean Buick 76

Amazing and it is great to see you getting some help with the painting!

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/s...8537&showall=1
sean Buick 76 is offline   Reply With Quote