Welcome to the The Garage Journal Board forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   The Garage Journal Board > The Garage > Garage Gallery

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-08-2013, 07:33 AM   #1
dubber

Default dubber's single

FOR COLES NOTES TO THREAD PAGES SEE BELOW

Hello Everyone

Well first off i want to say how happy I am to have found this site. I frequent several car forums on a daily basis, with a special focus on euro cars. While cars have always been my focus, the vision of having an ultimate garage has always been an end goal of mine. My current set-up that I'm living in is a condo/garden home type unit with our own garage which was key in my decision to acquire this model. We started the process when i was 26 and we have been in it for about 4 years at this point. This is my first garage, along with my first home so it was a great step for me thus far. I don't have a lot of pics of the garage before the project started as i never intended to fix it up at all and i was more focused on my cars.

The winter has done wonders in giving me time for this project. Spring/Summer and fall i generally focus all my extra time on my dubs.

Here's an early pic before i got possession. The garage is 10' x 19'

I guess the first thing i attacked initially was installing a garage door opener with my father in law a couple years ago. Man was that a pain in the ass as there are 3 different ceiling heights in there and no wooden studs that we could tie into. Anyway lol...

This was my initial permanent set-up before finding this forum; functional and simple This site has influenced me tremendously with a ton of great ideas.

This was functional and lasted a couple of years. It also cost me next to nothing as everything was hand-me-downs.

I really wanted to clean up, get more light in there as well as organize it a little better. I can really relate to the members that I've read who also share the same trait of often sitting or standing in the garage and staring. Losing yourself in visions of possible efficiencies and style changes. It's a sickness...

Brief Coles notes of garage "milestones":

HUSKY PRODUCTS / ABOVE RAIL SHELF / TRIM PAINT------------PAGE 6
"FINISHED" PICS BEFORE RACE DECK-------------------------------PAGE 8
RACE DECK FREE FLOW INSTALLED----------------------------------PAGE 12
CRAFTSMAN CABINET / STOOLS-------------------------------------PAGE 14
WALL RE-ORG / TV-----------------------------------------------------PAGE 17
PICS WITH DUBS-------------------------------------------------------PAGE 18
UPDATED OVERALL GARAGE PICS------------------------------------PAGE 24
FULL PROJECT MODE PICS--------------------------------------------PAGE 47
RACE DECK CLEANING-------------------------------------------------PAGE 48
HOME LISTING PICS----------------------------------------------------PAGE 50
'dubber's double' FIRST PICS------------------------------------------PAGE 54
LINK TO 'dubber's double'----------------------------------------------PAGE 56

Last edited by dubber; 11-09-2015 at 06:54 AM.
dubber is offline   Reply With Quote