Welcome to the The Garage Journal Board forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   The Garage Journal Board > The Garage > Garage Gallery

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2014, 12:41 PM   #21
taumac
Senior Member
 
taumac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Brooksville, Fl
Posts: 6,264
Default

Congrats on the new place. I wish you the best of luck with the house and especially the garage.

I know this garage will be just as good as the single but I will give you one piece of good advice. Now that you double the garage I would resist the urge to "spread out" too much even though you doubled the garage. I made this mistake and you know how that ended up. LOL.

5 Stitches Garage
http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=211899
Florida GJ Group
http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/g...hp?groupid=117
__________________
President of Florida Garage Life, Florida Chapter of the Garage Journal

5 Stitches Garage
http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=211899

Florida Garage Life
Florida Chapter of the Garage Journal

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/g...hp?groupid=117

Last edited by taumac; 08-18-2014 at 12:49 PM.
taumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 01:20 PM   #22
dubber
Senior Member
 
dubber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Canada's Capital
Posts: 4,764
Default Re: dubber's double

Quote:
Originally Posted by taumac View Post
Congrats on the new place. I wish you the best of luck with the house and especially the garage.

I know this garage will be just as good as the single but I will give you one piece of good advice. Now that you double the garage I would resist the urge to "spread out" too much even though you doubled the garage. I made this mistake and you know how that ended up. LOL.

5 Stitches Garage
http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=211899
Florida GJ Group
http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/g...hp?groupid=117

Hahaha, thank you sir for the great advice. My plan is to reapply my strict to excess policy. Things will be on the fascia of the garage and up high along the sides. I'm not planning on leaving both cars in there all of the time but i want to make it extra easy for wifey to bring the other car in, especially during the winter months.
__________________


dubber's double

dubber's single

2004 .:R / 2014 JETTA TDI
dubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 08-18-2014, 01:43 PM   #23
Mstandard
Junior Member
 
Mstandard's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Québec | CAN
Posts: 18
Default Re: dubber's double

In for the awesomeness

What will be your first step after cleaning the boxes? Paint? Floor? Shelvings?
Mstandard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 02:06 PM   #24
dubber
Senior Member
 
dubber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Canada's Capital
Posts: 4,764
Default Re: dubber's double

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mstandard View Post
In for the awesomeness

What will be your first step after cleaning the boxes? Paint? Floor? Shelvings?
First is clearing out the garbage and cardboard, unfortunately with Ottawa's bi-weekly schedule this will take a couple weeks. Then I'm thinking removing the shelving and fixing all of the walls. Then paint, organize and from there we shall see.
__________________


dubber's double

dubber's single

2004 .:R / 2014 JETTA TDI
dubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 02:16 PM   #25
HSpencer
Alliance Member
 
HSpencer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: South Central US
Posts: 2,398
Default Re: dubber's double

Super blank canvas Dub!! Lots of work, but your the man who can bring it home. I am watching!

Best Regards
Herb
__________________
My Shop Thread
http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=183123
HSpencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 03:22 PM   #26
Seavs
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 21
Default Re: dubber's double

I love that all you've posted is a couple pics of moving in and you have 26 posts already...

Yeah, no pressure.
Seavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 03:28 PM   #27
sean Buick 76
Senior Member
 
sean Buick 76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Edmonton Alberta
Posts: 2,247
Default Re: dubber's double

Congrats on moving up in the world!
__________________
Making do with what I have:

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/s...8537&showall=1
sean Buick 76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 07:25 PM   #28
FXR500
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 15
Default Re: dubber's double

I'm in too. This is sure to be a great build out.

Congrats on the new place.
FXR500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:17 PM   #29
Paul_VR6
Member
 
Paul_VR6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Oxford, Pa USA
Posts: 58
Send a message via AIM to Paul_VR6
Default Re: dubber's double

Its amazing how big a "regular" double feels after a single. Enjoy it until you outgrow it... or others take it over.
__________________
20x24 home garage - an exersize in futility
1992 Corrado SLC drag car - also an exersize in futility
Paul_VR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:52 PM   #30
Dan in Pasadena
Senior Member
 
Dan in Pasadena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 5,416
Default Re: dubber's double

What's the flooring plan? Will it be Racedeck again? Pricey for any garage. How about your theme/colors, etc? Will it be a re-creation of your single or will you rethink it entirely?
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:09 PM   #31
ODIS
Senior Member
 
ODIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 918
Default Re: dubber's double

Dan beat me to it. Same questions from me. Have enough height for a lift? No matter what, think you will love all the new space.

Congratulations to you and your wife!

All the best,

Ody.
__________________
Please see

The Never Ending Retirement Garage/Shop Projects:

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=149658
ODIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:25 PM   #32
Requin6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Frederick, MD
Posts: 279
Default Re: dubber's double

Congrats on the new house dub. Can't wait to see what kind of transformation you can make in your new space!
__________________
My Garage Thread
Requin6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:17 AM   #33
UrsusMaritimus
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 9
Default Re: dubber's double

Subscribed! Version 1.0 was great... interested to see how version 2.0 turns out.
UrsusMaritimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 07:20 AM   #34
dubber
Senior Member
 
dubber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Canada's Capital
Posts: 4,764
Default Re: dubber's double

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSpencer View Post
Super blank canvas Dub!! Lots of work, but your the man who can bring it home. I am watching!

Best Regards
Herb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seavs View Post
I love that all you've posted is a couple pics of moving in and you have 26 posts already...

Yeah, no pressure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean Buick 76 View Post
Congrats on moving up in the world!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FXR500 View Post
I'm in too. This is sure to be a great build out.

Congrats on the new place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_VR6 View Post
Its amazing how big a "regular" double feels after a single. Enjoy it until you outgrow it... or others take it over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in Pasadena View Post
What's the flooring plan? Will it be Racedeck again? Pricey for any garage. How about your theme/colors, etc? Will it be a re-creation of your single or will you rethink it entirely?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODIS View Post
Dan beat me to it. Same questions from me. Have enough height for a lift? No matter what, think you will love all the new space.

Congratulations to you and your wife!

All the best,

Ody.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requin6 View Post
Congrats on the new house dub. Can't wait to see what kind of transformation you can make in your new space!
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrsusMaritimus View Post
Subscribed! Version 1.0 was great... interested to see how version 2.0 turns out.
Thanks to all for the encouraging words. Just like with my first project, its a wonderful motivator. My overall plan is to be familiar to the last one while not being a doubled replica, if that makes any sense. Current plan is that I will be painting the walls a very light grey once i nail down the exact shade. Floors i'm assuming will be Race Deck again at some point but i think there will be lots of other work done prior.

I spent 3 hours in there last night just collecting and consolidating waste and recycling materials, oh joy! The other part tedious task was removing nearly 50 screws, nails and staples that were randomly placed throughout.
__________________


dubber's double

dubber's single

2004 .:R / 2014 JETTA TDI

Last edited by dubber; 08-19-2014 at 07:22 AM.
dubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 08:28 AM   #35
gtr cook
Senior Member
 
gtr cook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Kent, England
Posts: 174
Default Re: dubber's double

Really nice space you have there, can't wait to see what you do with it.

Personally I would remove the shelf, I hate shelves, cupboards all the way.
gtr cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 08:40 AM   #36
dubber
Senior Member
 
dubber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Canada's Capital
Posts: 4,764
Default Re: dubber's double

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtr cook View Post
Really nice space you have there, can't wait to see what you do with it.

Personally I would remove the shelf, I hate shelves, cupboards all the way.
I agree, i tried mentally to play with the idea of keeping them but I really want to start fresh and only be constrained with the actual limitations of the space and not what was left.
__________________


dubber's double

dubber's single

2004 .:R / 2014 JETTA TDI
dubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 10:42 AM   #37
John Tanglewood
Junior Member
 
John Tanglewood's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 26
Default Re: dubber's double

Awesome, was waiting for this thread to pop up!! Looking forward to it! And lose those shelves! Start fresh!
John Tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 01:33 PM   #38
dubber
Senior Member
 
dubber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Canada's Capital
Posts: 4,764
Default Re: dubber's double

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Tanglewood View Post
Awesome, was waiting for this thread to pop up!! Looking forward to it! And lose those shelves! Start fresh!
Thanks John, it sounds like its definitely unanimous to uninstall them
__________________


dubber's double

dubber's single

2004 .:R / 2014 JETTA TDI
dubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 01:45 PM   #39
patrickg20
Member
 
patrickg20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 84
Default Re: dubber's double

You need to get work. At least post some more pictures. I am excited to see you start making some progress!
patrickg20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 02:20 PM   #40
dubber
Senior Member
 
dubber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Canada's Capital
Posts: 4,764
Default Re: dubber's double

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickg20 View Post
You need to get work. At least post some more pictures. I am excited to see you start making some progress!
Haha, thanks man. I've been swamped with little projects inside, and the remnants in the garage are really getting to me
__________________


dubber's double

dubber's single

2004 .:R / 2014 JETTA TDI
dubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:33 PM.