Welcome to the The Garage Journal Board forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   The Garage Journal Board > The Garage > Garage Gallery

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-04-2017, 01:02 PM   #1641
sed335i

Send a message via AIM to sed335i
Default Re: dubber's double

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubber View Post
Thanks for following along! You should certainly start up a thread as well, I really enjoy following the progress of others.

Wanted to add a side not, my wife and i were away over christmas Break and had an airBnB in a little gated community in Kissimmee, Florida. While on our daily walk around the neighbourhood we came across an elderly couple sitting in their garage enjoying the morning sun. Really wishing i had snapped a pic but he had redone his entire space as a lounge with pool table and couches, lights, painted, flooring and art. Looked great and seemed to be suiting their needs perfectly as a fun extension of their home.

Cheers and Happy New Year to the GJ fam.
Based on your IG photos, it seemed like Florida was a great trip for you and the lady. Glad you enjoyed it!!

As for the elderly couple, I have one word...er, hashtag:

#RetirementSquadGoals

My DOUBLE thread
sed335i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 06:33 AM   #1642
dubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by sed335i View Post
Based on your IG photos, it seemed like Florida was a great trip for you and the lady. Glad you enjoyed it!!

As for the elderly couple, I have one word...er, hashtag:

#RetirementSquadGoals
Agreed on both points.

dubber's double

dubber's single

2004 .:R / 2014 JETTA TDI
dubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 01-06-2017, 11:08 AM   #1643
idriveahonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubber View Post
Thanks for following along! You should certainly start up a thread as well, I really enjoy following the progress of others.

Wanted to add a side not, my wife and i were away over christmas Break and had an airBnB in a little gated community in Kissimmee, Florida. While on our daily walk around the neighbourhood we came across an elderly couple sitting in their garage enjoying the morning sun. Really wishing i had snapped a pic but he had redone his entire space as a lounge with pool table and couches, lights, painted, flooring and art. Looked great and seemed to be suiting their needs perfectly as a fun extension of their home.

Cheers and Happy New Year to the GJ fam.
I'm actually contemplating doing that very soon. I've been keeping pictures the last couple days of stuff, so I have a good starting point.

I assume this forum is like most others, and you host your pics on Photo*ucket or the like, the [IMG] them here correct?

Thanks for the motivation. Keep updating!
idriveahonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 10:01 AM   #1644
dubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by idriveahonda View Post
I'm actually contemplating doing that very soon. I've been keeping pictures the last couple days of stuff, so I have a good starting point.

I assume this forum is like most others, and you host your pics on Photo*ucket or the like, the [IMG] them here correct?

Thanks for the motivation. Keep updating!
Sorry for the delay, yes you will need to find a source to host the pics you are posting.

Well as is the case with most winters in my area it usually means much less garage time. We did have rather warm weather lately which i took advantage of and cleaned up the floors. One quick mop and they look new again.

Picked up this bad boy over the weekend. Super excited for spring cleaning.

I've wanted to pull the trigger on a pressure washer for awhile now but i've always managed to push off the urge. This one has good reviews, and I've tried it as a neighbour let me take his for a test drive. After i saw that it was coming on sale with $100 off and i had $150 in gift cards sitting at home it was certainly a no-brainer to drive over to the store. Side benefit is that it will fit in nicely with the rest of the design in the garage.

dubber's double

dubber's single

Last edited by dubber; 02-27-2017 at 10:03 AM.
Old 02-27-2017, 10:33 AM   #1645
G20-Budo

dubber,

Nice pressure washer! Let us know how it works out. They really come in handy (I have one too, and use it).

Do you have any other new projects you're working on in the garage?
G20-Budo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 11:02 AM   #1646
Bob Heine

Dubber, now that you have a pressure washer, I assume you are planning to add a foam cannon to your detailing arsenal. The major detailing supply sites sell theirs for $100-$120. I was about to buy one but they are designed to connect to the end of the long wand that comes with the pressure washer. That's a fair bit of weight and bulk a long way from the trigger.

For me, that's a deal breaker because using it one-handed would strain my wrist a bit too much. I could have put an adapter on the plastic handle to make it better but I came across a perfect solution and a pretty good price. It includes both the cannon and a short trigger handle.

I did add a quick connect plugs to both guns because I have the female couplers on all the hoses (I'm too lazy to screw the hoses on). This cannon has all brass fittings and valves and has the same adjustments as the big name cannons.

At less than $30 from Amazon, I thought it was a good deal.
WARNING: "It is highly recommended that the reader does not attempt to drink coffee (or for that matter, any beverage) whilst reading posts by Bob Heine - we hold no responsibility for the consequences of ignoring this warning". Mark [BBChevro]
Bob Heine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 11:32 AM   #1647
G20-Budo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Heine View Post
I did add a quick connect plugs to both guns because I have the female couplers on all the hoses (I'm too lazy to screw the hoses on). This cannon has all brass fittings and valves and has the same adjustments as the big name cannons.

Bob,

Nice setup!! I'll have to check into that.. And for that price, with all brass valves/fittings. Looks good. I'm guessing dubber has something cool up his sleeve.
G20-Budo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 11:54 AM   #1648
dubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by G20-Budo View Post
dubber,

Nice pressure washer! Let us know how it works out. They really come in handy (I have one too, and use it).

Do you have any other new projects you're working on in the garage?
Thanks! Yes looking forward to using it. I'm about a month out from starting the testing unfortunately due to the season but I'm eager to play with the new toy.

dubber's double

dubber's single

Old 03-01-2017, 12:02 PM   #1649
dubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Heine View Post
Dubber, now that you have a pressure washer, I assume you are planning to add a foam cannon to your detailing arsenal. The major detailing supply sites sell theirs for $100-$120. I was about to buy one but they are designed to connect to the end of the long wand that comes with the pressure washer. That's a fair bit of weight and bulk a long way from the trigger.

For me, that's a deal breaker because using it one-handed would strain my wrist a bit too much. I could have put an adapter on the plastic handle to make it better but I came across a perfect solution and a pretty good price. It includes both the cannon and a short trigger handle.

[
Thanks for the info Bob, appreciate the knowledge. Its funny i watched the video the night before buying my washer.

Mine comes with a bottle but I have yet to be able to actually try it.

dubber's double

dubber's single

Old 03-30-2017, 08:39 AM   #1650
idriveahonda

I did the same thing as Bob recently, getting the standard gun as it is MUCH easier to use detailing cars as opposed to a wand! Also got a new mar-proof high pressure hose, and it's a night and day difference.

It's amazing what you find works best after buying something you think cant get better!
idriveahonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 09:50 AM   #1651
ttype976

Don't worry Dubber...you'll be foaming in no time! I love mine, I purchased a similar electric pressure washer from Sun Joe on Amazon and my cannon from Autogeek. Love it! I don't use it every time I wash, just when the cars are filthy or the pollen has turned the cars yellow!

I also love the faces of the neighbors when I turn my cars into marshmallows!

ttype976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 11:08 AM   #1652
55cadillacking

If I foamed on my driveway like that, I'd be arrested. (So, I do it in my garage!)
Old 03-30-2017, 11:37 AM   #1653
cash68

Sweet build, though for a VW guy your cars aren't nearly low enough. :P
Instagram: ADDvanced
Mid Century Modern, Garage Build
cash68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 07:44 AM   #1654
dubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by idriveahonda View Post
I did the same thing as Bob recently, getting the standard gun as it is MUCH easier to use detailing cars as opposed to a wand! Also got a new mar-proof high pressure hose, and it's a night and day difference.

It's amazing what you find works best after buying something you think cant get better!
Always appreciate tips and insight, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttype976 View Post
Don't worry Dubber...you'll be foaming in no time! I love mine, I purchased a similar electric pressure washer from Sun Joe on Amazon and my cannon from Autogeek. Love it! I don't use it every time I wash, just when the cars are filthy or the pollen has turned the cars yellow!

I also love the faces of the neighbors when I turn my cars into marshmallows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55cadillacking View Post
If I foamed on my driveway like that, I'd be arrested. (So, I do it in my garage!)
I truly feel bad for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by cash68 View Post
Sweet build, though for a VW guy your cars aren't nearly low enough. :P
Hahaha I know, I know. Things will be changing up this summer, stay tuned

dubber's double

dubber's single

Old 03-31-2017, 11:50 AM   #1655
bob_the_builder

If you are looking for any good tips on setting up your pressure washer make sure you check out Obsessed Garage. Matt has a blog and some great YouTube videos. I too have a Simoniz pressure washer and I ended up upgrading it with a new hose and gun. The stock 25' was not enough to reach around my truck. Now I have 50' and a nice set of quick connects to attach my foam cannon to.

Bob

Bob's Super Sport Garage Build
bob_the_builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 06:43 AM   #1656
ajohno

Any updates dubber?
ajohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 10:29 AM   #1657
ManorGarage

Just wanted to stop in and say hi. Love both your builds dubber. Amazing garage a real inspiration.
ManorGarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 10:46 AM   #1658
dubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_the_builder View Post
If you are looking for any good tips on setting up your pressure washer make sure you check out Obsessed Garage. Matt has a blog and some great YouTube videos. I too have a Simoniz pressure washer and I ended up upgrading it with a new hose and gun. The stock 25' was not enough to reach around my truck. Now I have 50' and a nice set of quick connects to attach my foam cannon to.

Bob
I've definitely been keeping tabs on his posts, always great content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohno View Post
Any updates dubber?
Not a lot on the actual garage but with the weather warming up i've been spending much more time out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManorGarage View Post
Just wanted to stop in and say hi. Love both your builds dubber. Amazing garage a real inspiration.
Thanks man, kind of you to say so.

Well as for updates, i haven't changed or improved anything in the garage in awhile at this point. As mentioned above though my season of enjoying it has started. The Jetta will likely be changed soon, just awaiting final numbers from VW Canada with the TDI settlements.

Finally moved this tower of wheels out to give me a lot more room. Had a build up from changing the winter wheels off the Jetta and then had one of my Oettinger wheels cleaned up professionally. One of the lips had some slight curbage from the previous owner. Excellent opportunity to put the Aristo wheels on again and enjoy them. Truly one of my favorite OEM wheels.

This one i had taken a few weeks ago when we loaded up and hit the road for a little trip with another couple. Car and Thule carrier performed flawlessly!

Love this view. Had my grandpa's 5 Series in the garage a couple weeks ago while i swapped his wheels for the summer set-up. Again loved having him in my garage and watching him just look around and ask me questions. Funny quote from this visit, "I had planned to give you my old tools, but after looking around i think you are all set"

Fun day swapping wheels, inspecting brakes and some detailing. Also prepping the Long Beach wheels as i sold those to a fellow .:R owner.

dubber's double

dubber's single

Last edited by dubber; 05-08-2017 at 10:54 AM.
Old 05-13-2017, 09:32 AM   #1659
69bigblok

Glad to see you enjoying your incredible garage Dubber! I like that pressure washer you got.

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=182914
69bigblok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 09:59 AM   #1660
Mpower5266

You will love having a foam cannon I use mine at least once a week.

My Basement Garage Thread
Mpower5266 is offline   Reply With Quote