Welcome to the The Garage Journal Board forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   The Garage Journal Board > The Tools > General Tool Discussion

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-30-2011, 01:33 AM   #1
mburke55

Default Montgomery Ward Air Compressor

I have an old Montgomery Ward Riverside Air Compressor : Model No. FCI 756557. It belonged to my dad and it works fine, but I don't have any kind of manual for it and have no idea what kind of maintenance it might need. It had dried oil all over it so I cleaned it up and found the model and serial number but was wondering if someone could tell me how to maintain it. I know it is supposed to have oil added....should it be changed in some way?....what kind of oil? Like I said it runs good, just would like to keep it that way.
mburke55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 02:35 AM   #2
kams1973
Alliance Member

Default Re: Montgomery Ward Air Compressor

Recommended oil type for most air compressors is SAE30 non-detergent. Change the oil at regular intervals, and the intervals would be dictated by your useage. Also, check and clean/replace the air filter/filters at regular intervals. Another important maintenance item would be to drain your tank regularly. Also, check your safety relief valve to insure it is not stuck closed. Post a pic of your unit. Some these compressors were identical to sears, speedaire, and campbell hausfeld units. You may be able to find the literature you seek through other avenues.
kams1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 06-17-2011, 12:23 AM   #3
rfantasy1

I have a old Montgomery ward portable air compressor. The model number is 6557. I also have the "owners guide and parts list". It is four pages long and it covers operating information, lubrication & oil change and other inportant information. I'm new at this site, so you will have to tell me how to send you a copy.
rfantasy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:00 PM   #4
gsavila

hello, my name is gary. I have a 6552... did you figure out how to upload the owners guide? any chance you could email a scanned copy? sorry for the bother....
gsavila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:49 PM   #5
Ccarlis

Hi I am new to the site I also have the same compressor I was wondering mine is wired for 220volt can it be wired for 110v.
Ccarlis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:35 PM   #6
Outlawmws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccarlis View Post
Hi I am new to the site I also have the same compressor I was wondering mine is wired for 220volt can it be wired for 110v.
Depends on the motor. what does the ID tag say? 120/240?

Outlaw's Shed Thread

Outlaw's Garage Sale - For sale or trade... Last Update w/new items 8/21/2012 - P9, (More auto books)

Outlaw's Garage sale - Feedback

"It might be for sale or trade, it never hurts to ask..."
Outlawmws is offline   Reply With Quote