Welcome to the The Garage Journal Board forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   The Garage Journal Board > The Garage > General Garage Discussion

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 10-01-2011, 01:05 PM   #1
1Bigdog

Default Does anyone have "New Age" garage cabinets?

They look like a good quality cabinet but you really can not tell from a picture.

Does anyone have them?
1Bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 12:51 PM   #2
dittle fart around

Default Re: Does anyone have "New Age" garage cabinets?

I'm selling these cabinets on line. The New Age company has adopted the Coleman brand name for a new line of 24 gauge cabinets to compete with what you can buy locally at Sears, Lowes or Home Depot. You'll see both the Coleman and New Age names out there for a while. The original line is made of 18 gauge steel. These have full extension drawer slides, full length piano hinges on the doors and have a powder coated finish, sets are sold with 1 1/4" butcher block work tops. Sold as sets or individually these are heavy duty cabinets. Prices include shipping and I'm offering 10% off for garage journal members. Check out the line and prices.

<a href=http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=1347&pictureid=41691 target=_blank>http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/p...ictureid=41691</a>
dittle fart around is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 10-14-2013, 06:20 PM   #3
nickv

I am in the middle of putting in a couple of New Age Cabinets into my garage.

I ordered 4 Lockers, 7 wall cabinets, and 5 base cabinets. I got through putting in 3 Lockers and 2 each of the wall/base cabinets. I'm not sure how, but I was able this myself without breaking anything by walking/shimmying the cabinets up a sloped driveway on cardboard. You should probably get someone to help you.

I really like the construction of these cabinets. They are solid and look/feel great.

They are on sale right now for 20%. I was originally going to go with Saber Cabinets but they took over 2 months on my order and I finally gave up on them. New Age has a good sale and I decided to go with them instead. I saved a bunch of time on not having to put the cabinets together.

I'll probably put up some pics once I am done installing.
nickv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:31 PM   #4
Jbizzle

Hey nickv, did you get all your cabinets installed yet? What do you think of them? I just ordered the 10 piece, 18 gauge, taupe set from Costco. This set has 2 lockers, 4 wall cabinets, 2 bases and 2 slabs of the butcher block top.

Can you post pics of your install and cabinets?
Jbizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:52 PM   #5
TheWhiteMamba

Yea pics would be nice!

I purchased 2 sets of the grey 4 18ga Wall cabinets when Costco had them on sale for $400/set (or $100 each). I just finished finagling a deal through Home Depot for 2 5-drawer 18ga base cabinets with a 15% off price match with free shipping to my house. Can't wait to install everything once it is all here (and I am out of my cast)! Post pics!
TheWhiteMamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:19 PM   #6
BlackSheepSpeedShop

I had the same question. I see that sears has them an well. Bold or pro series?

A Nation Of Sheep Will Beget A Government Of Wolves. Edward R. Murrow
BlackSheepSpeedShop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:57 PM   #7
TheWhiteMamba

I have the Pro series and have never seen the Bold Series anywhere to be able to compare the 2 besides knowing that Pro is 18ga fully welded and Bold is 24ga and mostly welded? Maybe some assembly required on those but don't quote me on that.

A number of online retailers have large sets for sale but I went with Costco for the 4 pack wall cabinet deal and now Home Depot for 2 single 5 drawer units. I've been watching HD and Sears for a while for pricing and HD never dropped their prices (online only orders but have free ship to home) whereas Sears would have singles on sale for MUCH less list price, but then you had to pay $100+ for shipping and there was no way around it. Just FYI.

I haven't installed my cabinets yet but when I do, I will be able to review them better but as they sit in my garage, they seem very sturdy!
TheWhiteMamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:06 PM   #8
SEV65

Just finished installing the 10 piece set from costco.
Really like them so far

image.jpg
SEV65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:04 PM   #9
Jbizzle

That looks really good SEV65. Do you have more pictures you can post? I bought the same setup but in the tan color. Costco had them $500 off and the price included shipping.

What kind of stool is that? I really like it. Where can I get one of those?
Jbizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:18 PM   #10
SEV65

Here's one more. I'll get some more later.

Yeah I picked them up during the $500 off sake too. I think you'll really like them,very sturdy,and very heavy too so watch out.

I've had the stool forever but iirc I got that from Costco also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SEV65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:41 PM   #11
nickv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbizzle View Post
Hey nickv, did you get all your cabinets installed yet? What do you think of them? I just ordered the 10 piece, 18 gauge, taupe set from Costco. This set has 2 lockers, 4 wall cabinets, 2 bases and 2 slabs of the butcher block top.

Can you post pics of your install and cabinets?
I did get all of my cabinets installed. After 3 weeks of having them installed, I have to say I'm extremely happy with my purchase. They feel very solid, and stand up to regular usage quite well. They were packed well and putting them on was a relatively straight forward process, even though I did it on my own (moving the lockers was tough on my sloped driveway).

I'm glad I went with this after having been delayed with using Saber Cabinets as it saved me the hassle of having to put together 16 cabinets. Welded cabinets of this quality will obviously be stronger too. I also found these plastic storage bins from Storables that fit quite well in the large lockers so everything is nicely organized.

When I get home today, I'll post some pictures of my install.
nickv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:52 PM   #12
j p smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbizzle View Post
That looks really good SEV65. Do you have more pictures you can post? I bought the same setup but in the tan color. Costco had them $500 off and the price included shipping.

What kind of stool is that? I really like it. Where can I get one of those?
Costco has a stool close to that for 50.00, I think it was a Snap On. 2 weeks ago here in Phoenix.
j p smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 08:28 PM   #13
UberA3

I bought the same 10 piece set from Costco. I am currently installing them and am very happy with them and the quality. I am going to be buying a few separate pieces in the same line to finish off everything.

Last edited by UberA3; 11-16-2013 at 11:57 PM.
UberA3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 11:19 PM   #14
retfr8flyr

I have the Pro Diamond Plate Series and I am very happy with them. Good quality and well packed so no damage during shipping. I wouldn't want to go with anything lighter than the 18 gauge myself.
retfr8flyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 01:18 PM   #15
79mudbugg

im looking for some whats how do members get 10%???
79mudbugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 08:52 PM   #16
Weedwaka

I have a wack of the pro series units at home. 18 or 21 piece kit. They are sturdy but the silver paint finish is quite bad. If you get cleaner like spray nine (even overspray) on the cheap china paint used for the doors and drawers it eats it right off. I mean a single drip and you have the underlying light grey primer. I do not know wtf they were thinking a pro series cab should have for a finish but this isnt it. It seems its that super thin electrostatic paint canadian tire uses on their cabs as well.

That being said I will buy another set to complete what I have and simply plan to redo the doors if they get too bad. I keep any household cleaner that isn't windex a long ways away from them now. I cant imagine what gas or carb cleaner would do or anything really strong like thinner. Im not sure what they think pros use ?

Bottom line they are good bang for buck with some nice features but the paint is a total fail.
Weedwaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 09:04 PM   #17
retfr8flyr

Sorry to hear about the doors. I have the Pro Diamond Plate series and the doors are holding up just fine. Here is a shot of some on them when I was redoing my garage last year.

I have a total setup of 15 cabinets, another set like this one on the other side of the garage and I added one more large cabinet to the end of this set. I have been very happy with my choice and would highly recommend them.
retfr8flyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 09:20 AM   #18
Weedwaka

Thats what I have as well. The doors are just painted.
Weedwaka is offline   Reply With Quote