Welcome to the The Garage Journal Board forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   The Garage Journal Board > The Garage > General Garage Discussion

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 11-04-2011, 10:23 PM   #1
infotime

Default Gladiator Garageworks Geartrack channels - how high to install?

Hi -

Just joined because I found this place while doing a google search looking for installation information about Gladiator Garageworks products. Looks like a really cool forum!

Anyway, my garage is a typical 2 car suburban garage. Big enough to fit two cars and not much more. I recently acquired four Gladiator Garageworks Geartrack starter sets. So I've got eight 4' by 6" Geartrack channels and an assortment of hooks and other accessories. I wanted to go ahead and get this up on the walls and get started.

I'm going to do one wall to start. That wall has a door and about a 16 or more foot smooth run of drywall. I was thinking of putting up two rows of the Geartrack channels - that would use all of my panels and get me off to a good start.

Now to my question: How high should I mount the panels?

Thoughts about that: I'm about six feet tall. I have a seven year old son. Gladiator says to mount them 18" apart if you ever plan to hang cabinets, which I might do.

I don't want to spend forever planning this system, I just want to jump in and get going. I'm the type if I try to plan too much I'll never get started

Here's an example of what the Gladiator systems look like:

Thanks for any and all feedback!
infotime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:53 PM   #2
FLgarageDreamer

Default Re: Gladiator Garageworks Geartrack channels - how high to install?

I've been working on mine, I'm slowly covering one wall to mount cabinets on with Gladiator stuff and I'm lining both sides of the door leading into my house. If all goes as planned I'll have a thread open soon. Good luck with it and I like they're products so far.
FLgarageDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 01-09-2012, 06:55 PM   #3
cowboyjosh

Default Re: Gladiator Garageworks Geartrack channels - how high to install?

I have Gladiator in my own garage, although 90% of it is gear wall as opposed to the gear track. Anyways for cabinets, my suggestion always is to actually have a cabinet in hand to accurately hang the track and to hang it level.
cowboyjosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:26 PM   #4
ZeroSignal

Gear track channels were buy one get one free at lowes this past weekend and @10% off most hooks. Picked up 8 channels and misc hooks
ZeroSignal is offline   Reply With Quote