Welcome to the The Garage Journal Board forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   The Garage Journal Board > Garage Sale > Product and Vendor Reviews

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 11-26-2011, 08:35 AM   #1
Bob275

Default Home Depot and a VT6315 Husky 30-Gallon Compressor

Hopefully I'm posting this in the right place. This kind of bothers me a bit. I purchased a Husky 30-Gallon Portable Electric Air Compressor Model # VT6315 and it's safe to say I was less than satisfied. I went to post my review and it needed to be approved... well go figure I get an email that stated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Home Depot
Unfortunately, your review did not meet our guidelines for posting on our site for the following reason(s):

Your review contained content that was inappropriate or unrelated to the product or service you reviewed.
This really bothers me, you can't tell the truth now? This apparently is why there were such good reviews on all the products. Here's the review I tried to submit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob275
Don't waste your time or money.

Brought this compressor home and did the 30 minute break in, after this I closed the valve and let it build to pressure. This is when I heard the very distinct knocking that others have mentioned. I figured maybe it was supposed to sound that way since others mentioned it. I used it for about 30 minutes with my Framing nailer and when I went to look it over I noticed rubber from the belt all over it, the belt was getting all chewed up already. I should also mention it kept tripping my 20amp Circuit Breaker that was installed specifically for this thing. I'd say out of 10-15 cycles it tripped out 5 times. For the price paid for this compressor the quality needs to be much better. This compressor isn't worth half of what they are selling it for, if it was $150-$175 I would have taken the risk but instead I bolted it back to the pallet, loaded back into the truck and back to the Depot we went... thankfully they have an excellent return policy and took it back no questions asked, as if its normal for them to take these things back. If you are looking at this, may as well go to HF and buy some piece of junk there, at least you know it's going to be junk... tired of not being able to purchase anything of quality these days... and so the search continues for a good quality compressor.
Hopefully people will see this review here now and save themselves the trouble.
Bob275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)