Welcome to the The Garage Journal Board forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   The Garage Journal Board > The Tools > General Tool Discussion

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-27-2012, 03:15 PM   #1
Craftsman86

Default Snap on role cart

I have an opportunity to trade a craftsman compressor for this tool cart, and I am not really willing to give up the compressor, unless Ican get rid of the tool cart for a nicer one. I was curious what something like this would go for in the used market.

The cart is a 4 drawer cart with flip top(KRSC33PC, black)
trading for a 33 gal craftsman compressor

What are peoples thoughts on this? I am looking for an oil cooled compressor
Craftsman86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:05 PM   #2
bobcatdan

Default Re: Snap on role cart

I'm not up on my numbers, but what I think you're listings is a blue point cart which is imported. Not a bad cart, just a chicom with a blue point sticker. Thing is, an oilless craftsman air compressior isn't woth anymore. I would say not a bad trade, but I don't see you selling it for anymore. Now If I'm wrong and it is a real made by SO, SO cart they you would be coming out ahead depending on condition.
bobcatdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 02-27-2012, 04:11 PM   #3
canuckian

The cart you listed is snap on's replacement for the krsc31 and just came out in recent months. it's worth far more than a craftsman compressor in my eyes.
canuckian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:38 AM   #4
Craftsman86

I found the ad on craigslist, and my compressor is old, and loud. The main reason that I am making the trade, is that I want to upgrade to an oil cooled compressor. What do you think the resale value of the cart with prybar racks on both sides? Thanks for the input
Old 02-28-2012, 11:05 AM   #5
Seanbev24

With prybar racks, I would probably pay $500 in good used condition if I needed a cart. I bought a 60 gallon craftsman oilless compressor for $300 a few years ago.
Seanbev24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:26 AM   #6
Craftsman86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanbev24 View Post
With prybar racks, I would probably pay $500 in good used condition if I needed a cart. I bought a 60 gallon craftsman oilless compressor for $300 a few years ago.
I have been looking for a good oil cooled compressor, but most of them are going to need work, or they are 3 stage units. What is a 3 stage and what would it take to hook up in a shop?
Old 02-28-2012, 11:30 AM   #7
Craftsman86

I forgot to mention that I have to include my bluepoint air ratchet to get the deal to go through. I was looking to sell it and get an IR titanium they sell off the shelf at Northern Hydraulic for $80 (3/8 drive). I still dont think im going to do too bad on this deal.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:19 PM   #8
evildky

so you want to trade a $700 cart + an impact for a $400 compressor?

what am I missing? used that cart is worth $4-600, used the compressor is worth maybe $200?
evildky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:35 PM   #9
kapster

Quote:
Originally Posted by evildky View Post
so you want to trade a $700 cart + an impact for a $400 compressor?

what am I missing? used that cart is worth $4-600, used the compressor is worth maybe $200?

Wrong way, he's trading compressor and air ratchet for cart.

Sounds like a deal, I'd jump on it. Don't think you'd get much for a used oil less, but something snap on. Should be no problem.
kapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:40 PM   #10
Craftsman86

I am giving the compressor and impact in trade for the cart. I dont need the cart at all, just looking into it as an opportunity to upgrade my compressor. I dont know what the resale is on any of the snapon carts thats why I posted here. The guy has receipts saying he paid just under $1000 for the cart with the prybar holders and liners, in October, however that doesnt mean that I will be able to sell it for that. I have got input from a few people that say that a used compressor is hard to get rid of. Is a used cart going to be sitting for a while if I ask $600 for it? I dont know what to sell it for, or what I should even expect to ask for it. I have been doing alot of tool swaps through CL, as people always want things and have no money. As long as the value proposition is there for me in the trade, generally I am not personally attached to my tools. But since my belongings got broke into in the process of our move, I have alot of rebuilding to do and need to plan my first few moves very wisely. I dont plan to use the cart, its just an item I will be holding for a little while until the next great swap comes along... or god forbid someone has cash for once.

I edited it to add pics of the cart the guy sent to me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cart-1.jpg (15.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg cart-2.jpg (12.3 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by Craftsman86; 02-28-2012 at 02:01 PM.