Welcome to the The Garage Journal Board forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   The Garage Journal Board > The Tools > General Tool Discussion

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-27-2012, 06:55 PM   #1
jhahler91h

Default Can anyone identify this bumper jack?

Would like to know some general information about this hydraulic bumper jack, such as who made it, year it was made, where to get parts, etc. I picked it up for super cheap at a racing auction last Thanksgiving and would like to start using it when I go racing, or sell it if it's worth a lot. The only markings I can see on it are on a riveted tag that reads "2FE 151" Also, on the side of the jack it had a sticker on it that has the letters AV. iIt has a foot pump to make it go up, but it only goes up so far before it leaks jack oil out of the pump really bad. Pictures are attached, and if you need better pictures to verify something, let me know. Would be interested in rebuilding it if possible. Thanks for any help in advance!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC04362.jpg (142.8 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04363.jpg (143.1 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04364.jpg (125.3 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04365.jpg (134.3 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04366.jpg (148.6 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04367.jpg (142.7 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by jhahler91h; 04-27-2012 at 06:57 PM.
jhahler91h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:16 PM   #2
Hiball

Default Re: Can anyone identify this bumper jack?

Yes.. Yes i Can. Its a Very Old Weaver Jack. Im sure i can get the Seal kit, Ill need some measurements to distinguish the Model numbers but they are fairly Cheap if i recall.

Weaver-Jack-Air-Bumper-Early.jpg

Welcome to GJ from a Fellow Missourian.

BRC 6/9/22 - 3/5/12 My Best Friend and the Greatest Man i ever Knew RIP...

Last edited by Hiball; 04-27-2012 at 08:21 PM.
Hiball is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 04-28-2012, 11:21 AM   #3
jhahler91h

Wow! that's awesome! Thanks Hiball! I had doubts if anyone could tell anything from the little bit of information/pics i provided, but that's great. What measurements would you need to distinguish the model numbers? Let me know where to get a seal kit and possibly an owners manual for this thing. Any idea what this thing is worth if I get it working good? Thanks again!
jhahler91h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:39 PM   #4
Hiball

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhahler91h View Post
Wow! that's awesome! Thanks Hiball! I had doubts if anyone could tell anything from the little bit of information/pics i provided, but that's great. What measurements would you need to distinguish the model numbers? Let me know where to get a seal kit and possibly an owners manual for this thing. Any idea what this thing is worth if I get it working good? Thanks again!

Its Worth More as a Collectible versus a Useable tool, It wont work on most of your Newer cars and I expect its a fairly light tonnage Rating which really diminishes your Target base for Re-selling. I "Might" be able to find a Owners Manual, And as far as what to measure? Lets start with the Diameter of the Cylinder that is viewable at the Top. I guess if i had to put a price on it.... Ive sold Similar Blackhawk units (Not as Old) for $125 bucks Rebuilt... With a Warranty and Good Wheels. Im Not sure what your Plan is, But if you Decide to Sell it lemme know.

BRC 6/9/22 - 3/5/12 My Best Friend and the Greatest Man i ever Knew RIP...
Hiball is offline   Reply With Quote