Welcome to the The Garage Journal Board forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   The Garage Journal Board > The Garage > Free Parking

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 08-17-2012, 10:03 PM   #1
Bull
Super Moderator

Default Having a Banner Made

I want to get a banner made to hang above the whiteboard in my classroom. It's going to have my favorite aphorism on it: "Life is the search for beauty."

What is the most sensible way to have such a banner made? I want it to look classy. Should I be looking at some kind of vinyl, or something painted, or something printed on sheets of paper? Cost is a factor. I want to inspire my students, but this will be on my dime so I can't drop a ton of dough.

EUDAIMONIA
Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:08 PM   #2
signcrafter

Default Re: Having a Banner Made

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull View Post
I want to get a banner made to hang above the whiteboard in my classroom. It's going to have my favorite aphorism on it: "Life is the search for beauty."

What is the most sensible way to have such a banner made? I want it to look classy. Should I be looking at some kind of vinyl, or something painted, or something printed on sheets of paper? Cost is a factor. I want to inspire my students, but this will be on my dime so I can't drop a ton of dough.
There was a couple guys on here that did vinyl. I remember a couple threads about guys that bought vinyl cutters and were doing stickers for others on here. Maybe if they are still around they would give a good price.
signcrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 08-17-2012, 11:15 PM   #3
Vegaman_Dan

PSPRINT.com is the supplier I use to make banners for the trade show booths I have where I'm a dealer (comic book artist/publisher). They frequently have sales. Typically a 2'x6' banner, full color with sewn edges and grommets will cost $60-80.

You'll need an image file (TIF preferably) that is scaled at 2" x 6" at 600 dpi. They have templates for you to download to make sure you have a margin at the edges where the background color/image can be, but no visible text.

I hadn't considered one for the garage, but now that has given me some ideas...
Vegaman_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:17 PM   #4
neonnblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by signcrafter View Post
There was a couple guys on here that did vinyl. I remember a couple threads about guys that bought vinyl cutters and were doing stickers for others on here. Maybe if they are still around they would give a good price.
Joeydubs, i believe is the one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Pmech View Post
It's the equivalent of shooting a puppy in the face for crapping behind the couch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkk View Post
MAN! I'd powder that bitch up, run her around til she got all sweaty then I'd lick the sludge out of the cracks! HmmmmmHmmmmm....
neonnblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:18 PM   #5
HOTFR8
Super Moderator

Location: Castlemaine, Victoria. The Hot Rod Centre of Australia.

May I suggest you get in printed and laminated. I have had vinyl banners and in time they will fall apart if they are left in the light or weather.

www.streetrod.com.au

The Beast Runs>http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/s...0871&showall=1
Sheddwellers>http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/s...0063&showall=1

"V8's are Great, But Six inlines Just Fine" - CUMMINS Advertising.
HOTFR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:22 PM   #6
Coach James

Staples Office supply makes banners. We have a couple other sign companies here that make them also.

Coach
Coach James is offline   Reply With Quote