Welcome to the The Garage Journal Board forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   The Garage Journal Board > The Garage > Garage Gallery

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 10-31-2012, 11:17 AM   #1
GT500 P71

Default Western NY 3 Car Garage

Hello all,

I have been a long time lurker here for a couple years, and finally registered a few months back. This is a fantastic site, not only for the information, but also because of the community. I figure it is time I make a post.

My house was built in 2001, and when my family built it, we wanted a large garage / workspace for projects that we may have down the road. Currently, it houses a few projects of mine, and most of the storage areas are completely disorganized.

Obviously, things could use a bit of cleaning up and organization. The school I go to just emptied out a ton of old storage, so I recently got several large steel shelving units that now house detailing supplies.

Eventually I would like to get the garage equipped with compressed air lines, and a lift of some sort.

A little more of the projects:

2005 Mercury Grand Marquis LS:

2006 Ford Crown Victoria P71:

1989 Mercury Grand Marquis GS:

In some of the pics of the garage you can see the other project, a 1988 Mitsubishi Starion ESi-R SHP.

Well, enough blabbering...

Best regards,
-Nate
GT500 P71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:25 AM   #2
The J

Default Re: Western NY 3 Car Garage

Welcome!

You have a nice sized workspace and high ceilings that you can surely take advantage of with storage and a lift. Looking forward to updates on the shop!

Great to see that Starion. Those were some cool cars.
The J is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 10-31-2012, 11:49 AM   #3
GT500 P71

Quote:
Originally Posted by The J View Post
Welcome!

You have a nice sized workspace and high ceilings that you can surely take advantage of with storage and a lift. Looking forward to updates on the shop!

Great to see that Starion. Those were some cool cars.
Thanks! My parents were definitely thinking ahead when it came to a lift. The ceiling is either 10 or 12 feet I, and the floor is extra thick where the posts of a lift would go.

Indeed they are, so much performance and technology for the era. This one has been off the road for about 10 years now, but it will soon be back up and running.

Old 10-31-2012, 12:02 PM   #4
19cturbo
Banned

Very clean starion, I have one as well that is pretty built. Get that thing moving. From the looks of it its an 88-89 model? SHP package?
19cturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:12 PM   #5
GT500 P71

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19cturbo View Post
Very clean starion, I have one as well that is pretty built. Get that thing moving. From the looks of it its an 88-89 model? SHP package?
Thank you! There seem to be a bunch of owners on here.

Yep, its an 88' SHP, only 80,XXX miles on it too! Any pics of yours?
Old 10-31-2012, 12:32 PM   #6
19cturbo
Banned

Well, mine is not nearly as clean as yours, it needs some body work and paint, but it goes fast and that is all that matters lol!!

Old 10-31-2012, 12:52 PM   #7
GT500 P71

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19cturbo View Post
Well, mine is not nearly as clean as yours, it needs some body work and paint, but it goes fast and that is all that matters lol!!
Wow, very nice setup you have there! I personally believe in fast before pretty, so nothing wrong there! Your car looks familiar, do you have an account on the StarQuest forums?

Eventually I would like to do something similar to your setup, but for the time being I have money tied up in other adventures.

-Nate
Old 10-31-2012, 12:54 PM   #8
19cturbo
Banned

yes, i go by the same name there as well haha. i tend to use the same screen name everywhere i go. awesome looking garage though..
Old 10-31-2012, 02:57 PM   #9
Xander

WNY Checking in here too.

I used to love the starion ads in Road and track, something with a bunch of symbols for writing implying foul language. Just great.

x...

My garage build http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/s...98#post2432598
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote