Welcome to the The Garage Journal Board forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   The Garage Journal Board > The Tools > General Tool Discussion

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-06-2013, 11:30 AM   #1
CruelSun

Default Hilti DX100L Powder actuated nailer supplies?

I have an ancient Hilti DX100L (the manual on Hilti's site was printed in '58) that I bought at a garage sale a decade or two ago. It came with lots of cartridges of all strengths. I have used it a few times over the years, but always seem to end up using the same strength cartridge, which I am now running low on. The tool uses 25 caliber ammo. All current Hilti tools use 22, 27 or some metric sizes. Ramset sells a .25 cal ammo that fits some DX series Hilti tools, but the DX100 is not listed (maybe because it is a single shot loader and the supplies are loaded in multi shot strips?)

I am trying to avoid spending $20 + shipping for an experiment...

Does anyone here have any experiance wth this or similar tool?
Could anyone point me to a supplier for cartridges?

Thank you
CruelSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:40 PM   #2
CruelSun

Default Re: Hilti DX100L Powder actuated nailer supplies?

Bump...

I just found this forum today. This is a hopping place. I posted this thread at 12:30p, and just found it on page 4... lots of cool stuff to read, wish I had more time.
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 01-07-2013, 07:27 AM   #3
itguy08

Maybe give Hilti a call and see if they still make that caliber? That would be the best/first option since you are dealing with gunpowder and nails.
itguy08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:05 AM   #4
CruelSun

Quote:
Originally Posted by itguy08 View Post
Maybe give Hilti a call and see if they still make that caliber? That would be the best/first option since you are dealing with gunpowder and nails.
Thanks for the reply,

I spoke to a Hilti rep at Depot/Lowes? a few years ago. He was unaware that Hilti ever made a .25cal nailer... He took my # to have someone call me back, but I never got a call. I just found that HD carries a 25 Cal load, not sure of the brand. They only have 1 strength, and It is also in multi-round strips, but mabe I can pinch out a sample round to compare with one I bring.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:49 PM   #5
CruelSun

A quick search of ebay has 5 of these currently offered:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...at=0&_from=R40

A great tool for a homeowner/handyman for once in a while use!

Old 01-07-2013, 03:46 PM   #6
itguy08

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruelSun View Post
Thanks for the reply,

I spoke to a Hilti rep at Depot/Lowes? a few years ago. He was unaware that Hilti ever made a .25cal nailer... He took my # to have someone call me back, but I never got a call. I just found that HD carries a 25 Cal load, not sure of the brand. They only have 1 strength, and It is also in multi-round strips, but mabe I can pinch out a sample round to compare with one I bring.
Might want to call the local Hilti office or rep directly. I did a quick Google search and there is not much available for this gun. Other than old stock it may be hard to find something.
itguy08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:18 PM   #7
CruelSun

Luckily, When I bought it, The case was full with a good assortment of ammo and drive pins. I've used it about a dozen times on various projects, maybe 200-300 shots in all and only had to buy pins for specific jobs. The ammo has held out so far, but now I am finally running low on a few strengths.

I'll try to get someone at Hilti on the phone. And investigate the .25Cal ammo I found at HD. Unfortunately the ammo they do have is strength '5', and that is the one I have the most of... Maybe HD can special order the other strengths.

Thanks for your help