Welcome to the The Garage Journal Board forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   The Garage Journal Board > The Tools > General Tool Discussion

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-02-2013, 01:26 AM   #1
dgreen1069
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 113
Default ntxtools BOGO Deals AND Weird Company Practices

I was shopping the net trying to find the best deal on the 20pc Gearwrench screwdriver set when I stumbled upon ntxtools.com. After researching them a bit it appears they are hit or miss. They had some really good deals on Gearwrench products, so I figured I'd give them a shot. Let me know if I did OK.

KDT-80066 PROMO 20pc GW Screwdriver Set + KDT-84080 GW 4pc Scraper set= $75.59

KDT-84000 7pc Hook & Pick Set = $22.68

KDT-85052 PROMO GW 3/8Dr 10-100Ft/Lbs Torque + KDT-80565 GW 10pc metric 6-point flex sockets = $96.50

KDT-85054 PROMO GW 1/2Dr 20-250Ft/Lbs Torque + KDT-80578 GW 10pc hex bit socket set = $108.13

KDT-82300 PROMO GW 2pc Indexible Pry Bar Set + KDT-82106 GW 2pc double XTM plier set = $44.95

KDT-9901 PROMO GW 12pc Metric Flex Head Set & KDT-9903 GW 4pc metric completer set = $140.30

APT-7860 PROMO 11pc. Brake Pad & Caliper Tool Kit + APT-7848 drum brake kit = $44.34

On top of the prices above I received another $24 discount and free shipping. My total was $508.49 If everything shows up like it is supposed to, I think I got much more than I would have shopping on Amazon or Tooltopia. Tooltopia had a few of the BOGO deals, but most of their prices were higher.

Last edited by dgreen1069; 02-05-2013 at 09:13 PM.
dgreen1069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:31 AM   #2
dsmnickk90
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 670
Default Re: ntxtools BOGO Deals

I wouldn't buy anything from them. It took them 8 days to even try to process my order. After 4 I called my bank and put in a stop payment affer reading some reveiws on them. Day 8your they called asking for a diffrent form of payment.
They also sell threw a site named USAtoolwharehouse and they have bad reveiws too
dsmnickk90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 02-02-2013, 05:58 AM   #3
chris6278
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 379
Default Re: ntxtools BOGO Deals

Wouldn't buy from them either
chris6278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:25 AM   #4
I van putski
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: In northwestern PA
Posts: 453
Default Re: ntxtools BOGO Deals

You figured you'd try them with a $500 order?
I don't think I'd try out a sketchy place with such a large order.

At least tooltopia is a real customer service driven place.
Good luck.
I van putski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:13 AM   #5
bimmerZ5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,630
Default Re: ntxtools BOGO Deals

I've placed some large orders for their GW BOGO deals. I did receive everything I ordered, but yes their customer service absolutely sucks and they take forever to process the order and don't give you updates. expect to wait at least 2 weeks to get your order. on the other hand, they didn't charge my cc until I received my order.
bimmerZ5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:26 AM   #6
Stephenw
Senior Member
 
Stephenw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Utah
Posts: 1,825
Default Re: ntxtools BOGO Deals

I made a purchase from USAToolwarehouse and they shipped the wrong tool. They said I would have to pay return shipping. It wasn't worth it for a $20 item.

I gave the tool away and will not buy from them again.
__________________
Stephenw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:37 AM   #7
Maexle
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Indiana / Indianapolis
Posts: 849
Default Re: ntxtools BOGO Deals

i bought once from them and they cheated me out of the bonus wrench set.

ntxtools.com = NEVER again....
Maexle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:53 AM   #8
dgreen1069
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 113
Default Re: ntxtools BOGO Deals

Wow, these responses are worse than I was expecting. It was more mixed in my searches prior to purchase. I started off looking for just a screwdriver set. The other deals were so good I figured I'd take advantage. Tooltopia had some of the same deals, but the price difference for the whole order was around $200. For that much money I figured it was worth the gamble. I used my Visa so the worst that can happen is I wasted my time.
dgreen1069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:25 AM   #9
firebox40dash5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,645
Default Re: ntxtools BOGO Deals

I also found them while shopping for a bunch of GW stuff. Their prices, especially on the BOGO stuff that's usually significantly more expensive than regular items on tooltopia, set off the "too good to be true" code red alarm.
firebox40dash5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:26 AM   #10
Fedwrench
Alliance Member
 
Fedwrench's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Valley of the sun
Posts: 7,405
Default Re: ntxtools BOGO Deals

If you're looking for BOGO's or other specials try these guys National Tool Warehouse. http://www.nationaltoolwarehouse.com/

I've been using them for about a year with no issues. They're usually cheaper than tooltopia and have been great to deal with. Now, they don't have much of an open stock selection but, if you're looking for sets, they may have what you're looking for.
__________________
It's not the tools in the toolbox, it's the mechanic who knows how to use them that matters.
Fedwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:45 AM   #11
dgreen1069
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 113
Default Re: ntxtools BOGO Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedwrench View Post
If you're looking for BOGO's or other specials try these guys National Tool Warehouse. http://www.nationaltoolwarehouse.com/

I've been using them for about a year with no issues. They're usually cheaper than tooltopia and have been great to deal with. Now, they don't have much of an open stock selection but, if you're looking for sets, they may have what you're looking for.
If I had found them last night I might have gone that route. Their prices were much closer to NTX than Tooltopia was. I'm going wait to see how things turn out. I will update everyone one way or the other. I'm going to stay optimistic and hopefully NTX will come through for me.
dgreen1069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:22 PM   #12
dgreen1069
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 113
Thumbs up Re: ntxtools BOGO Deals

After the responses I got on this forum I was pretty much regretting my order through NTXTools.com. I am VERY please to announce that I had an OUTSTANDING experience with this company. There are a lot of negative reviews out there, so I feel compelled to balance things out with my experience.

I ordered $508 worth of mostly Gearwrench tools from NTX on Feb. 2 (Saturday night). Most of the tools purchased were part of their Buy One Get One (BOGO) promotions. I searched all over and nobody else's prices could beat NTXTools. NationalToolWarehouse.com was mentioned in this thread and they were the closest at around $60 more. Tooltopia.com was not even in the ballpark (something like $200 more).

I emailed NTXTools.com on Sunday after I found a coupon on their homepage for $25 off orders over $500. I called them on Monday and was told they applied the discount to my order and that everything was being shipped. I checked my CC and sure enough they only charged me $483 (which was $25 off my order).

I was expecting to see my tools at the end of the week as I thought the company was in Wa. (I'm in Va). Low and behold, when I got home this evening there was a large UPS box waiting for me at the door. I was shocked to find my tools had been delivered. Keep in mind I placed my order very late Saturday night (Feb. 2) and today is Tuesday (Feb. 5). I have no idea why my delivery was so quick, but I am thrilled especially since the shipping was free (on orders over $250 I think).

Here is what I bought:







PS - Sorry for the crappy pix, they were taken on my phone.

Last edited by dgreen1069; 02-05-2013 at 09:50 PM.
dgreen1069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:47 AM   #13
dgreen1069
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 113
Default Re: ntxtools BOGO Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebox40dash5 View Post
I also found them while shopping for a bunch of GW stuff. Their prices, especially on the BOGO stuff that's usually significantly more expensive than regular items on tooltopia, set off the "too good to be true" code red alarm.
I was also worried that the prices were too good to be true, especially after the negative reviews I found on this thread. Fortunately, everything was delivered and was ultimately $25 less than I originally thought.
dgreen1069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:15 AM   #14
kythri
Senior Member
 
kythri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Lebanon, OR
Posts: 3,498
Default Re: ntxtools BOGO Deals

I just wanted to post up to say that I just had a phenomenal experience with NTXtools.com

I saw this thread, and looked at their GearWrench BOGO deals.

Most fortuitously, they had the 12-piece metric XL Gearbox set on sale for $157.98, and you receive the 9-piece SAE XL Gear box set for free.

I've been wanting these sets for the longest time, after picking up an 18mm single a few years ago, but couldn't actually force myself to commit to buying them, as there was other stuff I wanted.

Well, for $157.98 plus $11.88 shipping for both sets? I couldn't resist.

I ordered on Wednesday, 02/06/13. Spoke to Donn, he was most pleasant and took my order.

Not five minutes ago, UPS just showed up with my wrench sets.

I'm beyond impressed with both the price, speed and service, and will definitely be shopping with them again in the future.
kythri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:54 PM   #15
dgreen1069
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 113
Default Re: ntxtools BOGO Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by kythri View Post
I just wanted to post up to say that I just had a phenomenal experience with NTXtools.com

I saw this thread, and looked at their GearWrench BOGO deals.

Most fortuitously, they had the 12-piece metric XL Gearbox set on sale for $157.98, and you receive the 9-piece SAE XL Gear box set for free.

I've been wanting these sets for the longest time, after picking up an 18mm single a few years ago, but couldn't actually force myself to commit to buying them, as there was other stuff I wanted.

Well, for $157.98 plus $11.88 shipping for both sets? I couldn't resist.

I ordered on Wednesday, 02/06/13. Spoke to Donn, he was most pleasant and took my order.

Not five minutes ago, UPS just showed up with my wrench sets.

I'm beyond impressed with both the price, speed and service, and will definitely be shopping with them again in the future.
Maybe they have picked up their game. I was sweating bullets after I placed my order, but was tickled to death when my ordered arrived much sooner than expected and with the extra discount I forgot to originally add to my order. I'm glad to see others have also received good service.
dgreen1069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:53 PM   #16
Steve_P
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 375
Default Re: ntxtools BOGO Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgreen1069 View Post
Maybe they have picked up their game. I was sweating bullets after I placed my order, but was tickled to death when my ordered arrived much sooner than expected and with the extra discount I forgot to originally add to my order. I'm glad to see others have also received good service.
I dont' think they have picked up their game- at least not for me. For me, this is my second order, and it's still you'll (me, anyway) get it in a month. ANd that is fine, and what I expected as that's how it was on my first order a yr or two ago. But this time, they actually called me (gasp) and said we can't get this item. I said, "ok, fine, cancel it...." So I ordered the ~$70 item from another vendor a few wks later. After I received my order from the "other" vendor, I got my NTX order, and I also received the item they said they couldn't get. So now I have two $70 tools which I only need one of. If it was a $5 item I wouldn't worry and just put it away... But since it's $70 I called them and said I need to return it as they said they could not get it... so please send me a shipping label. "ok...." So, that was 4 days ago and I will not hold my breath for anything from them. The lesson is always wait the 5 wks your order may take to receive, despite what they say, as you never know that happens and what you may or may not get.
Steve_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:53 PM   #17
dgreen1069
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 113
Default Re: ntxtools BOGO Deals

Does anyone know how their business actually works? I have to assume that my order originated somewhere on the east coast as there is no way my order could have been shipped from Wa. to Va. in a day (unless it was overnighted which it was not). My receipt stated Direct From Vendor on all the items.

Last edited by dgreen1069; 02-09-2013 at 06:50 AM.
dgreen1069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:37 AM   #18
kythri
Senior Member
 
kythri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Lebanon, OR
Posts: 3,498
Default Re: ntxtools BOGO Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgreen1069 View Post
Does anyone know how their business actually works? I have to assume that my order originated somewhere on the east coast as there is no way my order could have been shipped from Wa. to Va. in a day (unless it was overnighted which it was not). My receipt stated Direct From Vendor on all the items.
They're drop-shipping, undoubtedly. I'd bet most of these places are doing that.

I think the vendor in "Direct from Vendor" on your invoice and mine is direct from THEIR vendor.

My wrench sets came out of Fresno, CA - hence why I was able to order on Wednesday afternoon, and have them Friday morning.
kythri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:11 PM   #19
Bull
Super Moderator
 
Bull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: MA
Posts: 15,453
Default Re: ntxtools BOGO Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by manager2like View Post
I was reading some of the reviews on here and wanted to point out that we are a growing business and are working on actively correcting our mistakes. We operate 9 warehouse locations that we share with partner companies, we have been in business for over 22 years. Now as far as lead time on some items our staff is directed to contact any customer that the lead time should exceed 7 days. Now we are not perfect but want to ensure that every customer has a good experience with the company. Our management staff is working on new ways to control and estimate the pending deals or orders that our customers are looking for. However, at times their are items we can not stock due to cost to carry and item that may only sell once a month or quarter. We want to get better and make us your first choice all issues/complaints are reviews weekly with our growing team to ensure mistakes are correct to better serve you the customer. IF you have any issues that have came up we want to make it right. Please feel free to contact us to make any mistake correct as we want to keep earning your business!

Are you an employee of the company? This post seems to say so, but in your other post you just speak from the perspective of a customer.
__________________

EUDAIMONIA
Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:12 PM   #20
Maexle
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Indiana / Indianapolis
Posts: 849
Default Re: ntxtools BOGO Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by manager2like View Post
I was reading some of the reviews on here and wanted to point out that we are a growing business and are working on actively correcting our mistakes. We operate 9 warehouse locations that we share with partner companies, we have been in business for over 22 years. Now as far as lead time on some items our staff is directed to contact any customer that the lead time should exceed 7 days. Now we are not perfect but want to ensure that every customer has a good experience with the company. Our management staff is working on new ways to control and estimate the pending deals or orders that our customers are looking for. However, at times their are items we can not stock due to cost to carry and item that may only sell once a month or quarter. We want to get better and make us your first choice all issues/complaints are reviews weekly with our growing team to ensure mistakes are correct to better serve you the customer. IF you have any issues that have came up we want to make it right. Please feel free to contact us to make any mistake correct as we want to keep earning your business!
If you want to keep me as a customer i would expect that you send me the promised bonus wrench kit i've never received. I did not get notified at the time of my order or the order confirmation.
Maexle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:23 AM.