Welcome to the The Garage Journal Board forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   The Garage Journal Board > Garage Sale > Product and Vendor Reviews

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-21-2008, 07:47 PM   #1
Fedwrench
Alliance Member

Thumbs up Chads toolbox

Ok, I broke under pressure from the screwdriver thread and bought a set of those weird looking Wera screwdrivers and a set of those squishy Felos too from Chadstoolbox.com that people wrote about in the thread. I ordered them on a Monday. They shipped that Tuesday and I got them today, Saturday. I thought it was pretty quick service from Alaska to Arizona. I'll take the screwdrivers into work Tuesday and start putting them through their paces. I'm a sucker for German screwdrivers. The Felos seem pretty stout and they have a unique handle that's hard on the end for pounding and at the front for spinning. It's squishy where your finger tips press in. I'll see how they hang around Brake clean and oil. The Weras have the potential to become my favorite screwdriver. They have a strange shaped handle unlike anything else you can get from a tool truck. They fit my hand well. They appear to have strong hex blades with bolsters and they're well balanced considering they have a strike thru design. The black and yellow handles stand out in a crowd.
I even got a $5.00 off coupon on my next order enclosed with this order. I think if you're looking for Knipex, Wiha, Wera, or other German brands, give em a chance at your business. I am only a satisfied customer with only one transaction with Chadstoolbox but, I can see myself getting more tools from them to feed my habit.
Old 06-22-2008, 01:20 AM   #2
wrenchr

Send a message via AIM to wrenchr
Default Re: Chads toolbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedwrench View Post
Ok, I broke under pressure from the screwdriver thread and bought a set of those weird looking Wera screwdrivers and a set of those squishy Felos too from Chadstoolbox.com that people wrote about in the thread. I ordered them on a Monday. They shipped that Tuesday and I got them today, Saturday. I thought it was pretty quick service from Alaska to Arizona. I'll take the screwdrivers into work Tuesday and start putting them through their paces. I'm a sucker for German screwdrivers. The Felos seem pretty stout and they have a unique handle that's hard on the end for pounding and at the front for spinning. It's squishy where your finger tips press in. I'll see how they hang around Brake clean and oil. The Weras have the potential to become my favorite screwdriver. They have a strange shaped handle unlike anything else you can get from a tool truck. They fit my hand well. They appear to have strong hex blades with bolsters and they're well balanced considering they have a strike thru design. The black and yellow handles stand out in a crowd.
I even got a $5.00 off coupon on my next order enclosed with this order. I think if you're looking for Knipex, Wiha, Wera, or other German brands, give em a chance at your business. I am only a satisfied customer with only one transaction with Chadstoolbox but, I can see myself getting more tools from them to feed my habit.
wrenchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 06-22-2008, 02:19 PM   #3
Wera Tools

Send a message via AIM to Wera Tools

Thanks for the endorsement. Wera tools are the best tools for the job. There are so many innovations...to many to mention here. From Stainless Steel Screwdrivers and screwdriver bits that that do not rust......to the new Zyklop just introduced in Europe and will be available in North America this fall. Don't foget the offering of electrical insulated screw drivers.....tested up to 10,000 volts.
Wera Tools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 09:24 PM   #4
Fedwrench
Alliance Member

I wasn't going to post pictures until I had used the screwdrivers awhile. I wanted to post about the decent service from the vendor. In the mean time the Wera bone head posted and everyone got mad at him which took away from what I feel are decent products. Here are pictures of the screwdrivers I got and a comparison shot of two #2 Phillips.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/l...erafelo003.jpg

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/l...erafelo002.jpg

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/l...erafelo001.jpg

Last edited by Fedwrench; 06-22-2008 at 09:49 PM.
Fedwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:30 PM   #5
philw

Another thumbs up for Chads toolbox. My backorder was delivered last week. It took about 3 weeks to receive it but I was notified by email when I first placed my order that some items were backordered.
The initial shipment was quick and accurate.

The only negative is that they do not have a running online inventory so it's impossible to check stock without placing a call.

I would and probably will order from them again.

Pics of Wera screwdrivers I ordered are over in the screwdriver thread.
philw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:19 PM   #6
Bluejay27

I ordered the Wera Koloss set from them, which is supposed to include the extension handle and centering pin. However, it only included the handle, so I emailed them last night.

This afternoon, they responded by emailing me a gift card code for the price of the centering pin and shipping. So I ordered the centering pin, and now that I'm confident in their service, I ordered some nws pliers as well.

Hopefully all goes well with my second order. My only concern now is shipping times, although it only took 9 days from when I ordered the Koloss for it to arrive.

I know there is a lot of controversy with these guys, but I'm feeling pretty confident with them. Now I just need to make some money so I can buy more stuff.
Bluejay27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:12 PM   #7
flintsghost

I gave them a big thumbs down in another thread because they didn't want to take an order in which they would have had to honor their 115% price guarrantee. But I'm glad you came out alright. I've tried to deal with them twice and both times it was very unfortunate. But good for you.
flintsghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:01 PM   #8
mcseraphin

quote from flintsghost;
[For the second time (I'm a slow learner) I tried to place an order with Chad's Tool Box for some Stahlwille tools. They make a claim on their site that they are the lowest price and offer a 115% guarrantee of lowest price. I had found that Maryland Metrics had a considerably lower advertised price and gave the link to Chad's tool box for them to confirm. The customer service person went back and forth with me about it by email, refused to take the order, and even went so far as to tell me in an email that the 115% price guarrantee applied to items that were in stock. She also said that Stahlwille had to be ordered but they did have a warehouse in Florida. In a separate email she said it applied to everything they sell but she still refused to honor the link. Be that as it may, they refused the order by email and wouldn't return my phone call even though the answering system indicated you could leave a message and someone would call back. I finally just gave up. This marks the second time I had trouble with them. I would advise caution with these people.

The last time I tried to do business with them was over some HAZET items and they charged my CC immediately and it showed on the statement. Then they explained it would be 6 to 10 weeks till the products arrived in the country. Normally cards aren't charged until items are in stock and shipped. Financing your business with the money from orders for products you don't have is a bit like a Ponzi scheme. I also think it may be illegal to do that and is certainly in violation of VISA policy. I think I'll avoid them in the future. Good luck to anyone who does have success with them.
]

...reading this gives me the shivers, i just wished i researched first. i ordered from them last march 9 for 2 wera products. and after checking for dozens of times since then if they finished processing it. i finally recieved an email today of my order that they already updated it to status of shipped. by usps and with attracking number. whewww...was i relieved. i was expecting 10-14 days to reach me at my location. but 4 days to process? is it normal? honestly i really dont know, first time to order from them. when i ordered 4 nws from ash at german tools, he shipped it the next day. and sent me an email that it has been shipped with a legit tracking number, and i know its a good feeling knowing my goods have movement in the map.

...now flintsghost, brace yourself, i think i may need some luck. when i try to track the tracking number they sent me...it says ---"Class: Priority Mail International Parcels
Your item was delivered at 6:00 pm on November 25, 2010.
Additional information for this item is stored in files offline
"

...like what the...??? i just ordered it this march 9, 2012?! and maybe at the same time their email came, the charges reflected now on my cc. i think i may have issues with their 115% thing too, but i still need to check. im still waiting for their response...

...like wow, talk about wetting your pants, thinking i may have been ripped off (...still need to hear their side...) ...wish me luck...
mcseraphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:56 PM   #9
mcseraphin

...just got a response from chads, "...It will update soon, USPS recycles delivery confirmation numbers over time..." ...a cold single line answer, now its confusing. they really need to improve their customer relations...
Old 03-13-2012, 06:48 PM   #10
AdamtheMillwright

I have had nothing but problems it seems.

They wouldnt honor there 115% guaranty on a legitimate item and One order took 3 mouths.

I try my best to order through other sites even if the price is a bit more.
AdamtheMillwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:03 AM   #11
Toptop

I want say some bad words to chadstoolbox.com and Mr. Chad
The 115% guaranty is fake. I am do not recommend buy anything from this seller.
I make order for $886.69 at 10 January 2012 and request 115% guranty on the Bondhus torx set 75534. Mr Chad refund me difference between his price and another shop. All must be okay but when my order was shipped to me - I have no found inside this set!
Mr Chad do not inform me about excluding this item and simply silently returns remainders money for it. Mr Chad do not sent me one Wera Impaktor bit for $4.89 too.
It presents in order confirmation letter but absent in package slip.
I ask him about refund. And wait above one month. Mr Chad do not answer for my letters. No bit, no answer, no refund.
$4.89 not a big sum for me... But it is my money which I have earned the work.

The thief should be imprisoned.
Are You thief Mr. Chad Chilstrom?

p.s. I have spent above $2000 (two thousand US dollars) in this shop.

Last edited by Toptop; 03-19-2012 at 08:06 AM.
Toptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:08 PM   #12
flintsghost

There is a separate thread about my problem with Chad's Tool box but it amounts to the same thing. They wouldn't honor their 115% guarrantee. Maryland Metrics has much lower prices on Stahlwille and Hazet for sure and I would never even attempt to do business with Chad's Tool Box again. He and his people are very unethical and should be run out of the business in my opinion.
flintsghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:41 AM   #13
mcseraphin

...still have not receive my orders yet, now im getting worried... maybe chad should visit this forum and be aware of what his customer feels and think. or he just doesn't care...
Old 03-22-2012, 11:13 AM   #14
mcseraphin

...just an update, finally just receive my order from chads. they were just as i ordered and in good condition. my two orders are already in their own boxes but a layer of bubble wrap would be nicer though. placed the order last march 9, was shipped on march 12, arrived today march 22. i will consider 13 days of shipping time to my location reasonable, was expecting it less than that. they honored the 115% price protection policy, and i got the refund.

...this sends mixed emotions now, a positive notch for chads over the negative feedbacks. would i dive and still order from them...maybe... lets see. i will post here once im decided to purchase from them again.

...im sad that some were not as lucky as i had, i do hope chads would look into his store negative feedbacks and address them.