Welcome to the The Garage Journal Board forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   The Garage Journal Board > Garage Sale > ★★ Hot Deals ★★

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-12-2013, 08:49 AM   #1
MN4x4

Default Milwaukee M-12 heated jackets $99 at Home Depot

I've been on this board for 3 years and never been able to post a 'screamin' deal, but I think this will be my first.

I was in Home Depot last night and they had a bunch of the Milwaukee heated jackets on closeout for around half price. They didn't have ANY jackets earlier in the week, so I don't know where these came from. Regardless, I bought model 2345 (size 2x) which normally sells for $199 for $99!!!! The prices seem to vary a little, with the XL selling for $109 and the L selling for $119. This was all at my store, zip 55344.

These are BLACK jackets, and are the FULL KIT which includes the jacket, charger, and battery. My store did have ONE red jacket that had been special ordered. I left them with that one, and one black one.

Don't know if it is just local, but if it is perhaps if your store has any they will price match. They are still showing $199 online.

Please post your location if you were able to get one. I think this is a fantastic deal, and wanted to share it with you guys since I've gotten so many good deals off this site.

I have 'diesel disease'. Actually, I not only have it, I am a carrier - I infect others.
MN4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:55 AM   #2
03protege

Default Re: Milwaukee M-12 heated jackets $99 at Home Depot

Nice heads up!

I wanted to buy one of these for my girlfriend since she freezes in 50 degree weather (I know, it's an anomaly) but they were not fashionable enough.
03protege is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 09-12-2013, 08:55 AM   #3
Ign

I saw one black 2x in a southern SLC store (near Kearns) but no pricing. I didn't bother to inquire as a 2x would be a tent on me.

The 2345s are the way to go. The 1st gen 2344s lacked a few features like fuel gage and usb on the battery pack, and pocket warmers.
Ign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:57 AM   #4
Ign

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03protege View Post
Nice heads up!

I wanted to buy one of these for my girlfriend since she freezes in 50 degree weather (I know, it's an anomaly) but they were not fashionable enough.
They now sell a women's cut which is way better for the ladies. You'll pay $200 for the kit but they're nice. However, no fuel gage or usb on the battery pack (I don't know why) and no pocket warmers.

Bosch and Dewalt are also in the game, look for the write-up at Toolguyd.
Old 09-12-2013, 09:40 AM   #5
03protege

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ign View Post
They now sell a women's cut which is way better for the ladies. You'll pay $200 for the kit but they're nice. However, no fuel gage or usb on the battery pack (I don't know why) and no pocket warmers.

Bosch and Dewalt are also in the game, look for the write-up at Toolguyd.
Interesting, although axing the pocket warmers wasn't a smart move

Bosch and Dewalt who?
03protege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:52 AM   #6
91bronc300

Are you able to control which heat elements get turned on? The description says the jacket has three heat zones: back, chest, and front pockets for your hands. Can you turn the front pockets off and just have the chest and back heat elements on?
91bronc300 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:38 AM   #7
Ign

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91bronc300 View Post
Are you able to control which heat elements get turned on? The description says the jacket has three heat zones: back, chest, and front pockets for your hands. Can you turn the front pockets off and just have the chest and back heat elements on?
No. It's all on or all off at either high, medium or low.

and '03, I agree, stupid to eliminate the pocket warmers for the ladies.

For those who don't know they also make an M18 adapter for these so they're not dedicated to the M12 platform. And a cigarette lighter plug with breakaway (in case you forget), so they become a more viable option for motorcycles maybe and definitely for heavy equipment with no heater or perhaps heater but no doors.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:21 AM   #8
Hafen_Kafer

Thanks for posting this.
Hafen_Kafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:47 AM   #9
fitz11

Quote:
Mine has two separate switches you can operate independently. One controls the pockets only and the other controls the chest and back. Both switches have a high, medium, and low setting.
fitz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 12:33 PM   #10
Ign

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitz11 View Post
Mine has two separate switches you can operate independently. One controls the pockets only and the other controls the chest and back. Both switches have a high, medium, and low setting.
Damnit, he's right! My apologies! It's been last winter when I wore mine so I forgot about this. Please ignore my previous stupidity!!
Old 09-12-2013, 12:45 PM   #11
91bronc300

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitz11 View Post
Thank you, good to know. At work where I would wear this I would almost never be able to stick my hands in my pockets and battery life would be very important so being able to switch off the hand warmers would be very 'handy'

Quote:
Damnit, he's right! My apologies! It's been last winter when I wore mine so I forgot about this. Please ignore my previous stupidity!!
No worries
91bronc300 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 12:57 PM   #12
Ign

Quote:
Thank you, good to know. At work where I would wear this I would almost never be able to stick my hands in my pockets and battery life would be very important so being able to switch off the hand warmers would be very 'handy'
I don't know what work entails for you, but also consider one of the new hoodies. You really want the heat zones right against your body or they don't do much for you, and end up cranking the heat trying to compensate for air space. You could wear a jacket over a hoodie and theoretically press the hoodie in closer to your body. I've got a gray hoodie and love it - it's damn nice and warm even without the heating elements. The hoodies alone retail for $99, but this is no batteries and no charger.

For the jackets Milwaukee claims 6 hours on high and 18 hours on low IIRC, if you use the M18 standard capacity battery. I've only used the regular M12 batteries and it generally works out as advertised: about 2 hours heat on high, 6 on low. I don't know what an M12 XC would net.

My wife takes hers to the movie theater (no joke) 'cause even as fall is coming on they still seem to have the a/c set for sweltering summer temps.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:03 PM   #13
itsvegas

Send a message via AIM to itsvegas

anyones local store have a small in stock? no stores near me have any in stock at all! :[
Old 09-30-2013, 02:46 AM   #14
HMCFab9

Has anyone else found these on sale?
Both my local stores don't know anything about a sale & don't carry any in the store.
Thanks!
HMCFab9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:19 AM   #15
fitz11

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMCFab9 View Post
Has anyone else found these on sale?
Both my local stores don't know anything about a sale & don't carry any in the store.
Thanks!
The stores by me had a display of these last Christmas. My guess would be that the stores that had leftovers are just trying to get rid of them.
fitz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:58 AM   #16
zeekh

Where do they usually display the jackets?
zeekh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:32 AM   #17
alxdgr8

Couldn't find them at any local stores, despite one store showing "limited inventory" and not just "out of stock".
'87 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16 Cosworth
'10 VW Touareg TDI (DD and tow rig)
'90 Honda Hawk GT, '05 Ducati Monster S2R800
24x22 and 15x45 rental garages/shop
alxdgr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:43 PM   #18
MN4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeekh View Post
Where do they usually display the jackets?
My store has an "M12" display at the front of one of the tool aisles. The jackets were there on the bottom shelf, but there wasn't one out, i.e. none on display.

I have 'diesel disease'. Actually, I not only have it, I am a carrier - I infect others.
MN4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:28 PM   #19
cheechi

Quote:
They now sell a women's cut which is way better for the ladies.
After reading reviews of the jackets we decided to get hoodies and wear regular coats over them. Wife has a medium since there isn't a women's size on the hoodie. Doesn't fit her perfect but she's happy with it.
I'm left handed so there are a lot of things that just don't seem right to me
Quote:
Originally Posted by LORDDiESEL View Post
Folks at trident take damn good care of customers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedwrench View Post
Most of you will never be happy with a tool line produced in Taiwan regardless of how good it is.
cheechi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:29 PM   #20
Ign

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN4x4 View Post
My store has an "M12" display at the front of one of the tool aisles. The jackets were there on the bottom shelf, but there wasn't one out, i.e. none on display.
This display has been looking rather sparse at my local store. I hope they're just slow to bring in the Fuel stuff and not doing away with it. OTOH Milwaukee must pay dearly for that position in Home Depot.....