Welcome to the The Garage Journal Board forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   The Garage Journal Board > The Tools > General Tool Discussion

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-15-2013, 01:03 PM   #1
MN_Runner

Default MATCO JSC770-DBC Service Chart Question

A nice forum! I got tired of putting my auto and bike tools in running shoe boxes and decided to buy a nice tool box. I just purchased a new JSC770-DBC and had some questions about the MATCO top lid operations.

With the key turned to unlock position, I can open the top lid by doing a simple press then the lid pops open. How do you close the top lid back without having to lock the tool box again? I thought I can open the top lid with a simple press then close it again later with another press. Once the top lid is open, I can not close again with a simple press and I am assuming this is a normal operation? P1000062.jpg
P1000063.jpg

Look forward to your help.

Last edited by MN_Runner; 09-15-2013 at 01:06 PM.
MN_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 01:44 PM   #2
V70R

Default Re: MATCO JSC770-DBC Service Chart Question

Welcome! Quick question since I cannot find a Matco manual online nor have much experience with their carts....did you purchase new and from a distributor? Hopefully your franchisee can help with providing the proper manual.

P2 S60R/M66
V70R is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 09-15-2013, 01:54 PM   #3
MN_Runner

It was purchased via Craigslist. The seller won it in a raffle. It was a brand new and came with everything but no manual. I am just stupid as it took me 10 min to figure out how master the lid operation.
Old 09-15-2013, 02:56 PM   #4
MattPersman

You have to use the key to relock it then unlock it. Not my favorite design I was unhappy with it as well but have gotten used to it.
MattPersman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 03:14 PM   #5
MN_Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattPersman View Post
You have to use the key to relock it then unlock it. Not my favorite design I was unhappy with it as well but have gotten used to it.
I am used to it now but it was just a little strange behavior on the lid. I just wanted to confirm with other MACTO box owners. The lock is not a big deal for me since it is for home use. Regardless, it is a beautiful box. Thank you!