Welcome to the The Garage Journal Board forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   The Garage Journal Board > The Garage > Heating and A/C

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 10-22-2008, 07:32 PM   #1
jerdman852

Default Torpedo Heater Venting ?

Has anyone ever fashioned up a semi-permenant venting system for a torpedo heater ? I use a propane version, and don't like the smell, etc.
I know that CO2 falls, and these fumes will kill you, therfore I always crack the door, etc.
So I know it would be easy enough to pull fresh air in, thru a vent tube of some sorts. And, pull the 'dirty' air out, thru a floor level vent of the same manner, and a fan. Should this do the trick ? What about the exhaust blowing out the front, anyone ever seen a better way of doing this, like basically converting your torpedo into a furnace ?
I know a ceiling mounted / vented modine, or hot dawg would be the real answer. But, i'm a new home owner , and it took all my extra cash to get the 2-car garage resided, and insulated.

Thanks for entertain my odd ball idea.
John
jerdman852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 05:44 PM   #2
russlaferrera

Default Re: Torpedo Heater Venting ?

I goggled Carbon Monoxide. It states that CO gas is heavier that air. Therefore My suggestion would be to put a small fan in the top of a window sucking outside air in, open a garage door an inch.

My thoughts are heat rises. Carbon Monoxide is heavier that air. The fan will bring in fresh air forcing heat down to the floor and venting the CO out the door while stopping cold air from coming in.
russlaferrera is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)