Welcome to the The Garage Journal Board forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   The Garage Journal Board > The Tools > General Tool Discussion

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-16-2009, 08:32 PM   #1
stltikn

Default Snap-On TK-30 revisited

On 5-11-08 jim m was asking about a TK-30 but didn't provide any pics so krusty and chad s were unable to help although they responded. I also have a TK-30 and didn't/not sure know what it's for until recently. I found a fellow who insists it is used for adjusting and aligning ignition points in distributor ignition vehicles.
Does anyone have another opinion?
Two tools are pictured, the left tool is the SnapOn TK-30 and the right tool is made by C.E.Niehoff & Co. I have contacted Niehoff, but several parts of their company have been sold off over the years so they weren't sure if they could find anything.
Thanks, Don
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0878.jpg (135.8 KB, 37 views)
stltikn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:03 PM   #2
krusty the clown

Default Re: Snap-On TK-30 revisited

my 1954 catalog shows the tool on the right (the one labled niehoff) as a tk419a. i don't show a listing for the tk30 in any of my catalogs.

the tk419a is listed as a point alignment tool for delco and autolite distributors.

DEGENERATE Main Entry: 1de·gen·er·ate
Pronunciation: \di-ˈjen-rət, -ˈje-nə-, dē-\

Date: 15th century
1 a : having declined or become less specialized (as in nature, character, structure, or function) from an ancestral or former state b : having sunk to a condition below that which is normal to a type; especially : having sunk to a lower and usually corrupt and vicious state c : degraded 2
krusty the clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 03-16-2009, 11:29 PM   #3
stltikn

Default Re: Snap-On TK-30 revisited

Thanks krusty, that's confirmation enough for me. Looks like the TK-30 must have evolved a little later as SO's own product. Mystery of the long awaited question is solved!
stltikn is offline   Reply With Quote