Welcome to the The Garage Journal Board forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   The Garage Journal Board > The Tools > General Tool Discussion

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-23-2009, 01:56 PM   #1
Art From De Leon

Default Who Makes Snap On Air Compressors?

Is "Big Red" an offshoot of some other manufacturer, or are they a re-badged Quincy, I-R, or something?
Art From De Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 02:03 PM   #2
Thedroid

Default Re: Who Makes Snap On Air Compressors?

Doesn't Torin make Big Red products?
Thedroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 02-06-2013, 12:16 PM   #3
jake620

snap on air compressors are made by rolair a company in italy makes the pump chinook baylor makes the motor if you need parts don't call snap on there are other sites that have the parts grainger has the motor rolair can help get you the pump parts snap on prices for parts are too high air compresser parts online has the pump parts when i called snap on for parts they just gave me a run around big red air machine is the company that sends the compressors to snap on i wouldn't call them again their a pain in the butt jake
jake620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:28 PM   #4
Murphy4570

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake620 View Post
snap on air compressors are made by rolair a company in italy makes the pump chinook baylor makes the motor if you need parts don't call snap on there are other sites that have the parts grainger has the motor rolair can help get you the pump parts snap on prices for parts are too high air compresser parts online has the pump parts when i called snap on for parts they just gave me a run around big red air machine is the company that sends the compressors to snap on i wouldn't call them again their a pain in the butt jake
Your lack of punctuation made my head spin.

Perhaps this is what you meant to say:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake620 View Post
Snap-on air compressors are made by Rolair, a company in Italy. They make the pump, and Chinook Baylor makes the motor. If you need parts don't call Snap-On, as there are other sites that have the parts. Grainger for example has the motor, and Rolair can help get you the pump. Snap-On prices for parts are too high in comparison. Air compressor parts online has the pump parts. When I called Snap-On for parts, they just gave me a run around. Big red air machine is the company that sends the compressors to Snap-On. I wouldn't call Snap-On again, as they are a pain in the butt. Jake

Last edited by Murphy4570; 02-06-2013 at 12:46 PM.
Murphy4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:33 PM   #5
Journaler

Whew, thanks for the translation. A lot of good information there, just hard to figure out what he's trying to say.
Journaler is offline   Reply With Quote