Welcome to the The Garage Journal Board forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   The Garage Journal Board > The Tools > General Tool Discussion

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-23-2009, 11:14 PM   #1
ephotrod

Default Whats the warranty on Crescent Wrenches?

As the title states i broke a 8in crescent wrench that i have used for years and I would like to know who i can contact if anyone.
Josh
ephotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 12:27 AM   #2
Vulturej

Default Re: Whats the warranty on Crescent Wrenches?

http://www.cooperhandtools.com/custo...ress/index.htm
Vulturej is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 04-24-2009, 09:44 AM   #3
HandyManny

Not meant to offend or argue, but I'm always amazed how many people with a computer and internet connections have enough ambition to ask for warranty information here or on any forum, yet with the same technology they can't seem to contact the manufacurer of their defective or broken product in the first place to obtain that information.

Not sure what the warranty is. It should be limited lifetime, but not sure. In any case an 8" Crescent adjustsble wrench will cost you about $10 to $12 brand new today,and they have improved the newer ones with a wider handle cross section. I'm sure it cost you a lot less back when you bought yours, since you said you'd been using it for years. You could try contacting them about it, but if it were me....for something that cost me less than $10 years ago, heck it's better use of my time and effort to just go to the nearest hardware store or home center and buy a new one, chuck the old broken one in a recycle bin on my way there.

Warranties on tools are great and often very useful, but if I got several years use out of a certain tool that cost me under $10 in the first place and the warranty claim requires me to make a phone call, talk to a part-time clerk who knows nothing about tools or the company they work for, pay postage,and mail my broken tool in, and wait.....no thanks!! I'm better off just going and buying a new tool. Now if the tool cost me a substantial amount of money, or is still fairly new, and broke, well that's a different story.
HandyManny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:52 PM   #4
drdag

To handynanny: What is your problem?
I had to register on this site just to comment to your 4 years old post!
If you don't have appropriate answer to this guy hones question, don't be a smarta..
Anyway, Sears sells some of crescent tools, and you can go and exchange there.
drdag is offline   Reply With Quote