Welcome to the The Garage Journal Board forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   The Garage Journal Board > The Garage > Garage Gallery

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 08-25-2009, 05:56 PM   #1
showroomgarage

Default HGTV's 'Top Ten Garages' this Fall

A few weeks back HGTV contacted me about a series they are currently filming showcasing the very best in North American design. The show is called 'Top Ten Garages' and a beautiful garage of one of my clients will be featured in an episode appearing this fall.

The garage was designed Peter Zimmerman Architects (http://www.pzarchitects.com/). The specific idea of this large complex consists of a car ‘barn’ with multiple display spaces, office space and a washing area, but it was also envisioned as an adaptive reuse of a historical structure. The clients desired the duality of practical function with the historical appearance.

The initial desire was to locate the structure as far from the main house as possible, however the site constraints required it to be relatively close to the main house, which required the structure to harmonize and complement the historical nature of the design approach to the main house.

The barn was design as a structure that grew over time; the main stone mass is dated to the late 18th century which ties into the period of the main mass of the main house. The secondary masses date to the mid-to-late 18th century.

The massing and additive nature of the forms and materials of the structure relate to the regional vernacular of the historical barn and agricultural structures in this region of the country. The barn was built using many locally sourced materials; the stone for the barn was collected from the excavation on the building site and from the 22-acre property.

If you would like to see more pictures of this particular garage and read more details about the design of each room, please visit my Facebook page at: http://www.facebook.com/vault.garage
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 003_3.jpg (33.5 KB, 489 views)
File Type: jpg 004_4.jpg (34.6 KB, 467 views)
File Type: jpg 009_9.jpg (18.7 KB, 527 views)
File Type: jpg 022_22.jpg (20.8 KB, 646 views)
showroomgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 06:48 PM   #2
vette-kid

Default Re: HGTV's 'Top Ten Garages' this Fall

That is awesome! I think me and the owner have the same taste in cars too!
vette-kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 08-26-2009, 01:58 PM   #3
bb1970

I will be interested to see if any of them are actually worked in.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:16 PM   #4
nzm.031

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb1970 View Post
I will be interested to see if any of them are actually worked in.
mine is not far off that and i do lots of work in mine... fixing bikes, doing cashies on other peoples cars, aswell as working on my own project cars..

its not hard to keep things tidy and organised.. mind you, i cant sleep if i leave things messy.. i will toss and turn and eventually get up and tidy up in the middle of the night.. even if i still have something on the go with parts everywhere... i will still keep it in some kind of order before i shut the doors... it just takes discipline. keep it clean and it takes maybe half an hour a week to go over everything and physically clean it... not just tidy up and put things away... let it get dirty and it will take a massive amount of work to get clean again.

cheers
Linton
nzm.031 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cabinets, custom garage, luxury garage, pennsylvania, vault