Welcome to the The Garage Journal Board forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   The Garage Journal Board > The Garage > Flooring

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 10-15-2009, 08:10 AM   #1
plh_in

Default Floor slush/snow containment

I have a partial concrete floor in my pole barn. Kids driving now so I "get" the barn...anyway, I need a way to control snow/slush puddling runoff to the walls, etc. I do not have a drain.

Anyone use some type of the absorbent pads, socks or ?? Would it be just a good to get some in/out carpet & use for a parking pad?

Any ideas are appreciated. I'm in central IN so I do not have a constant battle with the slush, but enough to make it a pain in the rearend when the water runs under the workbench, etc....

Thanks again.
plh_in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 02:19 PM   #2
Fish-man

Default Re: Floor slush/snow containment

Before I bought my BLT floor mats, (which I just installed, so more to come on slush/water containment).... I had glued down some 1/8" x 1" x 6ft flat stock steel to the floor. It worked to dam the river in most cases. For whatever reason, there is a little channel that runs perpendicular to the door (should drain straight for the door)... and its like you say, it went under the workbench. Not with the dams (need enough length to get the water past the channel). Didn't seem to hinder walking by it and making me trip, though don't blame me if you install it and trip. It will last a year or two before it rusts and you have to re-do... or you could try aluminum stock.
Fish-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)