Welcome to the The Garage Journal Board forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   The Garage Journal Board > Garage Sale > Classifieds

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-25-2009, 11:01 AM   #1
gkring

Default new gm crate engine 4.8,5.3,6.0 complete

Updated 4-17-11...just shipped the last engine today, thanks for all the business. We don't have any more left and don't expect another deal to come around liek this again, but if it does we will let the board know.

Updated 4-03-11... We have 3 of the 5.3 engines and only one of the 6.0 motors left. I have dropped the price of the 6.0 to $2500 and the 5.3's remain at $2000. email me at xxxx for quickest response

we did so well getting rid of our snapon overstock I figured we would throw out another great deal we have. Our dealership bought some over runs from General Motors last November when the SUV sales and the economy in general tanked. These are brand new engines that were destined for new truck production. Complete from intake manifold to oil pan. includes throttle body, injector, water pump, exhaust manifold, etc as pictured. They are all gen IV motors that are drop ins for 2007 and up models. the 4.8 and 5.3 engines are fairly easy drop ins for older pre 2007 LS and Vortec truck motors as they have the cathedral port LS6 heads found on the gen III small blocks. The 6.0 engines are square port LS3/L92 style heads along with variable valve timing so would require more work in a retrofit to a pre 07 vehicle. any of these would make great starts for older musclecars, jeep conversions, etc. if you have a later model work truck, flood damaged engine, etc you won't find a better deal on a drop in motor. The pic below is one of the 5.3 engines, the other motors are just as complete.
4.8 motors go for $1200
5.3 motors go for $2500-----ON SALE $2000
6.0 motors go for $3000

all brand new, never fired, in the factory crates. iron block truck motors with aluminum heads. We are a GM dealer and can make good deals on wiring harness, ecm, drive accessories, or anything else you may need with a motor purchase. I also have a limited number of LS3 corvette intakes and throttle body sets for those of you looking to turn the 6.0 into a iron block LS3 monster. We are also a distributor for www.mastmotorsports.com for options on keeping the benefits of the VVT setup on the 6.0 in your older vehicles.

********Click below for more information and multiple pictures of each motor.*************
http://hummer.sewellparts.com/engines

Discounts available for multiple purchases.
Shipping coast to coast from Texas to a business for $150.
contact via email is best at gkring@sewell.com

Last edited by gkring; 06-13-2011 at 09:04 PM. Reason: all gone-sorry
gkring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 12:49 PM   #2
35mastr

Default Re: new gm crate engine 4.8,5.3,6.0 complete

Looks good. Do you have any 5.7 GM 350 crate long blocks by any chance??

Mac tools For Sale Here
George
35mastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 12-25-2009, 01:35 PM   #3
irisservice

sweet deals
irisservice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 05:02 PM   #4
Packard V8

Screamin' deals. Too bad they look so butt-ugly in a street rod. Maybe we'll get used to the added visual and technical complication, like we did when the Olds V8 started taking over from the flathead Ford, because that is a lot of horsepower and economy for the money.

thnx, jack vines
Packard V8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 05:13 PM   #5
Displaced Hokie

Passed on to my buds at NastyZ28.com...
Displaced Hokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 07:17 PM   #6
gkring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard V8 View Post
Screamin' deals. Too bad they look so butt-ugly in a street rod. Maybe we'll get used to the added visual and technical complication, like we did when the Olds V8 started taking over from the flathead Ford, because that is a lot of horsepower and economy for the money.

thnx, jack vines
I would not call this butt ugly. with the mast motorsports computer you can keep the truck drive by wire throttle body and use it on a four barrel style manifold. Benefits of fuel injection and looks of a conventional motor. Manifold is about $350, you reuse the injectors and throttle body off of the truck motor. You can also stay old school and use a carb and an edelbrock or MSD computer to just run the spark. GM also has a front cover available that uses a distributor, but that setup is not cheap. You have to be limited by race rules or be really against technology to go that route. A GM with the dizzy up front just doesn't look right.
You are dead on about the horsepower. Cam swap results in 400 HP from the 5.3 (327 cubic inches) motor and 480 in the 6.0 (377 cubic inches) one. we are not talking big hairy cams either. The smaller motors have heads from the Z06 and the 6.0 motors have the LS3 corvette/Escalade L92 heads.

Last edited by gkring; 12-25-2009 at 07:25 PM.
Old 12-25-2009, 07:57 PM   #7
Hiball

Wow!! If someone was in the Need those are some great prices.

BRC 6/9/22 - 3/5/12 My Best Friend and the Greatest Man i ever Knew RIP...
Hiball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 08:24 PM   #8
gkring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiball View Post
Wow!! If someone was in the Need those are some great prices.
Good enough we are keeping one as a spare for the parts truck at the dealership. You can't rebuild your motor for that price, and you would still have old injectors, coils, etc in it. These are Gen IV 58 tooth motors, but lingenfelter sells a conversion box for about $250 to convert the signals to work with 24 tooth pre 07 computers. Also a good way for you guys with tired motors to get a complete one to play with, hop up, etc then have it ready to swap in a weekend instead of waiting on a machine shop for weeks. If anyone knows some fleet services we can arrange some killer deals for those kind of shops that are putting 100K a year on their service trucks. Once these are gone they will be gone. We took advantage of the perfect storm of the slowdown in GM production, the bad economy, and their overstock of motors to get a decent deal and don't expect them to make that mistake again. Buy one and put it in the corner, everyone needs a spare Chevy motor!
Old 12-25-2009, 09:00 PM   #9
Packard V8

Quote:
I would not call this butt ugly. with the mast motorsports computer you can keep the truck drive by wire throttle body and use it on a four barrel style manifold. Benefits of fuel injection and looks of a conventional motor. Manifold is about $350,
Just give us a dollar figure for the intake, fuel rails and lines, air cleaner, rocker covers, breathers, accessories (and where are the ignition coils?)

Didn't say it couldn't be made to look better, but it is going to add about 50% to the price to get to that photo you are giving us.

thnx, jack vines
Packard V8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 09:15 PM   #10
jam92102

If only I had that kind of money laying around!!!
jam92102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 09:57 AM   #11
chrislehr

Send a message via AIM to chrislehr Send a message via MSN to chrislehr

Hmmm... those look awesome. Where in TX are you (you should update your location in profile for future FS threads)
Proto 1210, 1244, 1248, 1252, 5548, 5550, 5663
chrislehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 02:14 PM   #12
gkring

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislehr View Post
Hmmm... those look awesome. Where in TX are you (you should update your location in profile for future FS threads)
Thanks, updated to show Dallas Texas. Local pickup is available, but tax would have to be charged for those in Texas. To answer a few of the questions I have been getting

These are the only motors we have deals on. Though we can get standard 350 chevy shortblock, diesels, etc we have no better pricing than your local dealer or any other online reseller out there, sorry.

we have a few of each motor, but not an unlimited supply.

6.0 motors are all LY6
5.3 are mostly LY5, with a few LMG flex fuel capable ones thrown in
Old 12-29-2009, 10:26 PM   #13
ripsnortMN

Not to be a smart a$$ but a 5.3 is a 323 cubic inch and a 6.0 is a 364 cubic inch.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:02 PM   #14
gkring

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripsnortMN View Post
Not to be a smart a$$ but a 5.3 is a 323 cubic inch and a 6.0 is a 364 cubic inch.
You are correct sir. I was trying to relate the metric numbers into an old school 327 motor as far as size, but the 6.0 I missed completely, thanks. We have sold a couple from this ad already thanks to members here. These prices are about $500 less than we have been selling them for and half of actual street prices from other dealers.

Last edited by gkring; 01-04-2010 at 12:46 PM.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:29 PM   #15
06wt

this thread will get a good look tomaro at the shop
3/4'' drive handle
06wt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 02:19 AM   #16
flashpuppy
Banned

Awwww Jeeez!!!! I wish I needed one of these......

Do you have L92 heads by any chance? 6.0 blocks or shortblocks? I don't need or want the whole motor, just the bottom end....
flashpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 12:44 PM   #17
gkring

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashpuppy View Post
Awwww Jeeez!!!! I wish I needed one of these......

Do you have L92 heads by any chance? 6.0 blocks or shortblocks? I don't need or want the whole motor, just the bottom end....

Well the 6.0 motor has L92 heads, doesn't that meet both your requests?
Sold all the alum 6.0 and 6.2 motors very quickly when we originally got them. I think we may have a couple of the all aluminum 5.3 motors if anyone is interested. $2400 for those, but I need to double check as we only got a couple in and they are in limited supply.
These are being bought and sold through an actual GM dealership. Check our company out at www.sewell.com. No worries about back door factory seconds or shady rebuilds here.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:51 PM   #18
gkring

Quote:
Originally Posted by jam92102 View Post
If only I had that kind of money laying around!!!
We take credit cards!
I'll even take deposits if you want to hold one until finances get better or those christmas bills get paid. I would like to be rid of all these by the time our inventory rolls around in 3 months. If not then swap meet season starts back up and the prices will increase.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:38 PM   #19
flashpuppy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkring View Post
Well the 6.0 motor has L92 heads, doesn't that meet both your requests?
Sold all the alum 6.0 and 6.2 motors very quickly when we originally got them. I think we may have a couple of the all aluminum 5.3 motors if anyone is interested. $2400 for those, but I need to double check as we only got a couple in and they are in limited supply.
These are being bought and sold through an actual GM dealership. Check our company out at www.sewell.com. No worries about back door factory seconds or shady rebuilds here.
No. L92 came on the 07 Escalade's (99.9% sure). They're designed off of the LS7 head and flows 327 CFM out of the box. Swapping them onto a 6.0 and putting in a new bumpstick is an easy 500hp combo. ARP rod bolts and it will sing to 7K all day long.
flashpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 10:40 PM   #20
gkring

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashpuppy View Post
No. L92 came on the 07 Escalade's (99.9% sure). They're designed off of the LS7 head and flows 327 CFM out of the box. Swapping them onto a 6.0 and putting in a new bumpstick is an easy 500hp combo. ARP rod bolts and it will sing to 7K all day long.
I think the confusion comes from the Escalade having a bad boy 6.2 L92 motor which was first to have these heads. Those heads have come to be very desireable and are called L92 heads since they come off the L92 motor. Makes perfect sense. However those same heads are on the newest 6.0 truck motors as well. I had a whole warehouse full of these newer 6.0 motors as well as 15 of the L92 all alum 6.2 motors. Heads are the same. Same casting numbers and everything. The LS3 heads are the same "design" , but with larger but hollow valves for less weight and higher RPMs for the car motors. The older 6.0 motors were not L92 heads, which can be confusing. Check around, I think you will find these are probably just the ticket for what you are looking for.

http://blogs.popularhotrodding.com/6...rts/index.html

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/genera...l92-heads.html

Last edited by gkring; 01-04-2010 at 10:55 PM.