Welcome to the The Garage Journal Board forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   The Garage Journal Board > The Garage > Free Parking

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-20-2010, 08:00 AM   #41
baucom

Default Re: what's your Every Day Carry knife?

My Spyderco Delica 4 goes EVERYWHERE (except courthouses) I go. http://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=227 . I love that knife--light, but long enough to be useful, and with the 4-way clip it can be configured to carry on either side, tip up or tip down. As much as I like the Delica, I wish I had an Endura to carry when my pockets are deep enough for the longer knife.

When I'm working I also carry my Leatherman Fuse. The pliers are really handy, and having the blade keeps me from beating up the blade on my Spyderco too much.
baucom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 08:30 AM   #42
tj2
Banned

I carry a Gerber L.S.T. Light and thin enough to carry even in dress slacks, but plenty tough, and holds an edge well. And the L.S.T., at least, is still made in the U.S.A. I don't think all Gerber knives are.

http://http://www.gerbergear.com/ind...product/id/187
tj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 05-20-2010, 11:00 AM   #43
lawfarm

Use to carry a Leek, but I had a freak blade breakage incident that really turned me off. Company apologized and gave me a new knife (claimed it was a metallurgical issue). During the interim, I bought a SOG Flash 2, intending for it to be a temporary placement. Ended up really liking it, and it has become my EDC. I really like how the clip is extended to conceal the knife in your pocket a bit better...

http://www.amazon.com/SOG-Flash-Fold...4371118&sr=1-7
lawfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 01:00 PM   #44
Bruce Lancaster

"my roy rogers knife with secret blade release... "
That's the one that uses gravity to drop a catch out of a notch in the blade, right?? Have one somewhere!
I carry a surplus store German army knife made by Adler. Seems to take a better edge than most stainless knives, has a sawblade with absolutely awesome capability, nice details like a little cover for the saw so you can use its screwdriver and opener functions without losing any fingers to the very agressively sharp saw.
Legal blade length and folding type, mil-spec origins dictate quality. Prefer carbon for blades but switched to this because I use it a lot for skinning oranges and such, not very practical with a carbon folder!
Now have it on a lanyard to a belt loop because modern car seats cause it to slide out into oblivion.

Plomb is the new Snap On.
Bruce Lancaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 01:34 PM   #45
Lippyp

Leatherman Wave.
Lippyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 01:56 PM   #46
APEowner

Colt M4-K if I'm wearing jeans. http://www.productwizard.com/kershaw...nbowchive.html

If I'm wearing Dockers or dress pants then carry a Kershaw 1600VIB. http://www.productwizard.com/kershaw...nbowchive.html
APEowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 01:57 PM   #47
Strouty

I carry one of these with me always, except at the airport or state and federal buildings of course. It is really rugged, looks nice too. I have three to choose from depending on what I think I may be doing that day. One is fully serrated, one half serrated, and this one full plain edge. I really like the fully serrated one best, but it needs to be sharpened. It is a Spyderco, I prefer the all stainless versions over the composite handles.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Spyderco.jpg (48.5 KB, 17 views)

Useless hands

My shop disorganization.

Deadlines amuse me.
Strouty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 02:06 PM   #48
GN4WHLN

CRKT M16-10KZ. Small, good grips, locks solid. Tanto blade with serration. It doesn't feel like a paperweight in my pocket. I have a Leatherman in my briefcase, and a Gerber folder in the ashtray in my truck. I used to keep a Ka Bar fixed under the front seat until I found out carrying a fixed blade knife is illegal in CA. Soooo stupid...

The United States Constitution, © 1789, All Rights Reserved
GN4WHLN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 02:12 PM   #49
jdcaples

+1 on Benchmade.

I searched the thread, but didn't see my EDC knife.

The locking mechanism is so addictive that I can't remember the last time I used one of my liner-lock Emersons or lock-back Spyderco blades.

Benchmade-Mini-Presidio-525.jpg

It's all metal. The handle is designed to hold the knife solid in my grip. It holds an edge pretty well for 440C and touches up nicely with a Spyderco Sharpmaker.

-Jon
jdcaples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 02:33 PM   #50
tube_guy

A real Schrade Old Timer 34ot, from back when they were made in Ellenville New York.
tube_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:50 PM   #51
december45

mine isnt like that, you have to push the blade closed then release quick it then opens... it has genuine simulated ivory handle with little bullet inlays.... my favorite
december45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:02 PM   #52
t100

my problem with EDC knives is I keep losing them. I wouldn't carry something worth more than $50 for that reason. I also own a Leek, like it a lot but it's an Snap On collector's item. I'll probably get a plain one for my next EDC.

t100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 01:04 AM   #53
MBeaty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcaples View Post
+1 on Benchmade.

I searched the thread, but didn't see my EDC knife.

The locking mechanism is so addictive that I can't remember the last time I used one of my liner-lock Emersons or lock-back Spyderco blades.

Attachment 64983

It's all metal. The handle is designed to hold the knife solid in my grip. It holds an edge pretty well for 440C and touches up nicely with a Spyderco Sharpmaker.

-Jon
I love that knife and have been close to buying one several times, but every time I look at it closed I can not stand it. That stupid squarish gap between the blade and the handle drives me crazy. I wish it was a smooth closed as when it is open. I guess I am a little picky though. The handle grips on it are among the best Benchmade has. I have the same grips on my fixed blade Nimravus. They definitely inspire confidence.
MBeaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 05:59 AM   #54
slyone1000

I have been carring the same Cold Steel Voyager for the past 20 years. Stay sharp enough to cut small steel cable with. Would not Sell or Trade that knife for anything in the world.
slyone1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:45 AM   #55
gabeancounter

I carry a home depot husky folding box blade. Bought the 4 pack and love them. Wore the paint off most of them. Easy to just pop a old blade out and slide a new one in. Use it all the time and could careless about breaking or losing one.
gabeancounter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 08:58 AM   #56
Krokodil

Leatherman Wave and Benchmade Griptilian
Old 05-21-2010, 10:41 AM   #57
AV8OR

Another vote for the Leatherman Juice S-2.
AV8OR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 11:08 AM   #58
nate379
Banned

Don't carry a knife normally, but if I am working on something I just stuff my drywall knife in my pocket. Yup... been through the wash a time or 6 too.
nate379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 03:02 PM   #59
Arachnotron

My every day knife is this Böker HK. I believe the current HK knives are made by Benchmade.

Here's the rest of my Bökers.

I did carry the 2000 knife for a time. It's #1072/2000 and I was afraid to lose it so I retired it for the HK. I love Solingen made knives.
Arachnotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 09:28 PM   #60
bb1970

Kershaw leek