Welcome to the The Garage Journal Board forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   The Garage Journal Board > Garage Sale > Classifieds

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-15-2010, 11:58 PM   #1
farmerscotty

Default Case 1070 tractor with loader for sale in Missouri

$12,600

I have a Case 1070 tractor with just over 3100 hours on it and that is the correct hours. I bought this tractor in Mt. Vernon Illinois in 1985. YES 1985 and it had 900 hours on it and now has just over 3100 on it. The tractor is 105 hp power shift transmission. I have used it mainly to cut alfalfa hay with a 12 haybine, round bale, and some tillage work. I would say all the hours put on it other than maybe 15 are all mine. It was and is my baby. Right around 2500 hours I broke a piston ring and was going to do just the liners and new pistons and rings. Well that didn’t happen as I also had a rough main bearing. So I took the block to Oreilly and had the machine shop turn the crank and clean the block as well as doing the heads. The cam bearings and were also done. Then came the new oil pump, water pump too as well as flywheel resurfaced and clutch. And lets now forget the radiator was boiled out too. If you know a case tractor you are suppose to change the hydraulic filters every other oil change…….well I have always did that too. The tires are probably 90% in the back and 90% in the front.
I put a MILLER loader on it this spring and it has a real heavy duty bucket that goes with it. The bale spike is not part of the deal, as it goes on another tractor, you just get the bucket. This tractor even has the original interior in it………I have not let it sit outside and kept it in the barn. This spring it had a new set of PTO clutches put in at Ruscha Machinery in Aurora. Thad knows me real well and if you want to ask him about this tractor you can call him at 417-498-6571. It also had a spindle bearing put in on one side. The valve covers are leaking and I just haven’t had time to tighten or replace them, it does drip oil from them ( I have had to add oil since they are leaking). Up until that happen the engine was clean.
I have decided to slow down and not do as much farm work and I don’t need the tractor any longer. Ac leaks down but the compressor is good and so is the receiver dryer. Thad told me he rarely sees a 1070 case tractor this clean anymore. I have kept it good because it is good and reliable and when I needed it I had it. If you want good cheap horsepower with a loader and a cab to feed hay or bale hay come look at this one. I have never felt that fuel consumption was bad either. Not jury rigged and just like I say it is…….after all I have had it 25 years…….wow! It looks just like the pictures show it.

Call me on my cell phone if you want to come look, drive.
417-838-6078 Scott Bradley Ozark Mo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg small picture 1070.jpg (29.3 KB, 32 views)

Last edited by farmerscotty; 07-16-2010 at 08:30 AM.
farmerscotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 01:22 AM   #2
tonydanzah

Default Re: Case 1070 tractor with loader for sale in Missouri

You can't post an add without listing the price, guy.
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 07-16-2010, 12:01 PM   #3
syndrome_34

It clearly says $12,600 at the top.
syndrome_34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 12:04 PM   #4
Erle385

isnt it at the top? 12,600?
Erle385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 12:52 PM   #5
sawatch

Is the 1070 a turbo charged 6 cylinder?

Did a search & found the answer is yes, now I'd like to know the DOM from the serial #, that way I can compair price.

Reason I'm asking is I have a '68 1030, the last "air breather", and found the new Bio-diesel makes it run like new. I like to check out the old Case models.

See my Tools For Sale in my profile albums.

Last edited by sawatch; 07-16-2010 at 03:27 PM.
sawatch is offline   Reply With Quote