Welcome to the The Garage Journal Board forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   The Garage Journal Board > The Garage > General Garage Discussion

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-29-2010, 01:14 PM   #1
IH82BL8

Default Question about Craftsman GDO

I have 2 matching Craftsman GDO's. The first one is 8 years old and has functioned flawlessly through heavy daily use for those 8 years. The particular model has been discontinued, so when I saw the chance to buy a second one like it used, I jumped at it.

The problem with the second one is that the open height adjustment keeps moving up. I'll set the adjustment, but it will only stay for several uses before I need to adjust it again.

Has anyone else experienced this?

If you're wondering if this is the reason why it was sold to me, the answer is no. It belonged to a friend of mine and wasn't for sale until I asked if I could buy it.

Thanks.
IH82BL8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 02:45 PM   #2
LEVE

Default Re: Question about Craftsman GDO

Take a look at the up and down limit switch assembly.

The assembly may be a bit worn and vibration can cause it to go out of adjustment. Once you get the switch adjusted use some Loctite to keep it from vibrating out of adjustment. If the part needs to be replaced it's a common part used on may GDO's.
LEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 09-29-2010, 05:24 PM   #3
Nutty 5.0

Default Re: Question about Craftsman GDO

I second LEVE's advice. I had to do that to a few I've put in.
24'x32'x12' Conestoga built pole building with two 10'x10' doors. 6" concrete floor 4500 psi. Bend Pak MX10-AC 2 post lift and a Pro Park 8 Plus 4 post lift with lifting jack . U-Coat it floor and Garage Pak air lines. Built in March 2005. My garage build: http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=41534
Nutty 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote