Welcome to the The Garage Journal Board forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   The Garage Journal Board > Garage Sale > Product and Vendor Reviews

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-14-2007, 02:29 AM   #1
camarosource

Send a message via ICQ to camarosource Send a message via AIM to camarosource Send a message via MSN to camarosource Send a message via Yahoo to camarosource
Default MotoFloor Tiles - COSTCO PROBLEMS!!

Here are Copy/pastes of my conversations with a friend of all the problems I had to deal with and am still dealing with. NOTE: VERY VERY VERY LONG

----

hey

Talk about an ABSOLUTE PAIN IN THE REAR to get these tiles!!!!

Just thought I would update you with the progress of my new plastic interlocking ones.. Well they were ordered on Jan 30th, 2007. They are coming from Ottawa, Ontario.. which is approx a 4-5 busines day delivery to Burnaby, BC. Canada.. Originally I received an email which stated the 2 boxes of tiles were shipped Feb 1st and provided a tracking number. www.costco.ca (where I bought them) has an online tracking system which I tried and found it to have no information on any shipment. I immediately assumed the costco website was having problems so I went to the UPS.COM tracking feature and there it reported there was no shipment under that number. I then called UPS and they said there was no information available for it.

Seeing how I need these tiles BEFORE the week of the 17th as my show is the 24th & 25th but I need my available ONLY 2 days off (Mon and Tues) to plan how to work with the tiles so naturally I do NOT have time to waste on these.. I email costco and it says it will take a day to reply. Wait.. 2 days later no response... I call up Costco and they says it's been sent out. I wait another day.. Call back and tell them how UPS tells me there is no shipment by that tracking. The lady confirms it was sent and it would be here by the 7th. I call Costco to reconfirm when tracking STILL does not work and the lady NOW says that UPS gave them the wrong tracking number and that she received my angry email to them but never replied to it. I explained how I have researched for 3 months to find tiles for my upcoming car show. And that I have NO TIME to spare and how urgent these tiles are.. She tells me she will contact UPS and email me with the CORRECT tracking number. Day passes with, you guessed it, NO email.. Figured!

She calls me today (2 days later) 8am in the morning to tell me that UPS in fact NEVER picked it up like they were supposed to which is the reason for the non-valid tracking number. Apparently they came down to pick up other items and didn't for whatever reason pick up MY 2 boxes! (which was a week ago). She tells me they will be picked up on Monday and they will be here around Tuesday of 20th! I absolutely when Biazzerk and told her ABSOLUTELY NOT!! (and she knew this by the email I wrote her that she according to her read full) I told her once again this was ordered on the 30th and CLAIMED was shipped the 1st of Feb. I told her how she might as well give me my entire $406 back because getting them AFTER my show is ABSOLUTELY USELESS TO ME and I was VERY PISSED OFF at this point! They refuse to answer my emails, wait 1 entire week after they were SUPPOSIDLY shipped it and promised to have it here by the next Tuesday ends up never even being shipped and now it will be here AFTER the show!! NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!

So she says she will call UPS and make every effort to have it picked up THIS evening which would be here around Tuesday of next week (1 week before the show). I hang up. 3 hours later come online and sure enough she never bothered to email me.. I decided to take the chance and checked the costco tracking and sure enough the tracking number suddenly showed 2 (different) tracking numbers for 2 seperate packages and this time shows that it was in fact billed to UPS and waiting pickup.

I check UPS site and it verifies this. I then create a temp shipment with all the specs, weight and package dimensions for a package from Ottawa ontario to Burnaby.. To see what DATE it is due to arrive and also what it cost them to send it as it was STANDARD shipping. Says Tuesday, Feb 13th.

THEN a few hours later tracking on both UPS and Costco updated to show it was picked up and on it's way and that it was picked up and will be here THIS THURSDAY! (2 days).. Didn't make any sense how it could be here in 2 days with only STANDARD shipping! Then I realized it said it was picked up in EDMONTON, ALBERTA!! which is only 1 province away..

So it seems the women indeed did pull strings and somehow managed to get a warehouse or something in EDMONTON to ship the tiles rather then where they were.. Tracking shows it to be on it's way to CALGARY, ALBERTA now..

Hopefully THIS works out since I have no other choices now. The worst part of it when it arrives on Thursday, I will have to wait until MONDAY and TUESDAY to actually try the tiles and then 1 week later I am in the show.. Talk about CUTTING IT CLOSE!!!!!

I will definately send you pics of the show and once again cannot stress enough how much I appreciate everything that you did for me.. I am STILL waiting to see how much UPS charged my work to have the other ones delivered.. geesh.
Your Car in our calendars, submit yours : Click Here
http://www.camarosource.ca/small_version.jpg
camarosource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 02:31 AM   #2
camarosource

Send a message via ICQ to camarosource Send a message via AIM to camarosource Send a message via MSN to camarosource Send a message via Yahoo to camarosource
Default Re: MotoFloor Tiles - COSTCO PROBLEMS!!

---

WELL IT WAS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE!! I am SOOO Angry right now!!!

I AM MISSING SLABS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am ready to blow a gasket right now!! And I am NOT referring to my car!!

I finally got time to pull everything out of the box and started to decide how I was to sort this around the car. At the VERY last moment I discover a Disassembled STACK of WHITE TILES! and NO, REPEAT ** NO ** BLACKS!!!!!!! to go with them!!!

Counting the whites I discover 52 WHITE Tiles and 40 BLACK.. So they obviously switched out 1 stack of WHITES for 1 stack of BLACKS and then missed one 1 entire stack of BLACKS. I got 1 extra slab of whites and 2 missing slabs of black!!!

These are now COMPLETELY USELESS to me. 4 FEET of missing Black tiles does NOT work for a border around the car!

I emailed them and told them I EXPECT AND DEMAND... SORRY BUT I AM NOT IN A GOOD MOOD RIGHT NOW AFTER EVERYTHING I HAVE GONE THROUGH!!, I EXPECT to have the missing 2 stacks of BLACK tiles (THAT MEANS 2 GROUPS OF 4 BLACK TILES.. OR 8 SEPERATE BLACK TILES, HOWEVER YOU WANT TO LOOK AT IT)... OVERNIGHTED or whatever it takes to get them here BEFORE THE WEEKEND!!! I CANNOT BELIEVE I HAVE TO GO THROUGH THIS CRAP AGAIN! I'll never order anything nor shop at Costco Online Again! I would expect SOME TYPE OF QUALITY CONTROL and IT'S QUITE OBVIOUS THEY DON'T SEEING HOW THEY CAN MISS OUT SUCH A RIDICULOUS AMOUNT!!

I CANNOT EVEN THINK NOR PUT INTO TRUE WORDS HOW ANGRY I AM AT THIS POINT!

***** THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO WAY THEIR REGULAR UPS STANDARD WILL MAKE IT HERE BEFORE THE WEEKEND!!!

***** THESE HAVE TO BE HERE EITHER OVERNIGHT OR WHATEVER IT TAKES TO BE HERE BEFORE THE WEEKEND *****

I told them I don't care whether it's HER or her SUPERVISOR to handle this but THIS IS ABSOLUTELY OUTRAGEOUS.

I told them to call be tomorrow..

FYI: There is SUPPOSED to be 48 of each tiles (48 white, 48 blacks to make 96 in total). What I got was 92 tiles but 1 extra slab of WHITES, and 2 MISSING slabs of BLACKS.
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 02-14-2007, 02:33 AM   #3
camarosource

---

Better news!

Got up at 8am, called Costco online. Turns out the women I spoke to originally (Elisabeth) and know all about the tiles is off today, which explains why they never called me today like I demanded. I had to explain it all over again to this women (Renee). She told me she would email the vendor as it is up to them on what they will do. They are the people who have the products and send them out. Costco.ca only submits purchase requests to them and they take over.

I hang up and think.. Wait a second. I got no time to spare and I am going to wait for they to EMAIL them? That's not going to work. So I call right back to get a different women (Patty) on the phone. They ask for my order # which I give them and it tells them all those who I spoke to. I ask to be transferred to the lady as I wanted to talk to her specifically (Renee). They transfer me only to get her voice mailbox. I leave a msg and hang up. WAIT! that won't work (I have no sleep, Stressed over this, SPLITTING MIGRAINE HEADACHE and I just cannot think straight!!). I call right back again cause I want to find out Renee's DIRECT Extension because I don't want to keep calling and having to ask to be transferred only to either get the voice mailbox, or if she is on break (which she apparently was) or on another call have to keep hanging up and starting over again.. Patty answers and I get Renee's direct extension where Patty tells me she is on her 15 min break and to call back in a short while. I call back 30 mins later only to discover there is no way to enter the extension into the phone so it's useless.

I decide to just ask to be transferred to a SUPERVISOR who I would assume be more caring and understanding, and have more authority (possible connections and experience) than a regular phone representative. I call and get some other lady (Michelle) who REFUSES to transfer me to her supervisor unless I tell her what it's about. So I have to explain the entire thing all over again for the 4th time!! At this point she tells me the same thing that Patty told me about the vendor but says that there is no way the vendor will OVERNIGHT them just to satisfy me and my prompt need of the missing tiles. They would mail the missing ones (IF they will do that which I will explain later on here) REGULAR UPS STANDARD which is 7-10 business days. And that if I demand they send it overnight they would forward the cost to Costco.ca and Costco.ca would there for pass that cost to me.. She says she will email them and puts me on hold only to hang me up.

I call right back and Patty picks up. I ask her to transfer me to Renee who then answers the phone and knew exactly who I was. Smile She apparently already listened to me msg on her voice mailbox and told me that she completely sympathizes with me and NO WAY should I have to pay the vendor to send them to you even if you need them ASAP! She was VERY helpful. While we were on the phone she said the vendor just emailed her back asking for complete details as to what was missing and they will mail the missing black tiles this afternoon.

Renee then said she will email them back and ask if they can overnight them, or whatever it takes to get here before my show. And if they will, whether or not they will CHARGE ME.. IF SO, then just send them regular 4-day UPS Standard from Edmonton.She said she would email me today.. She never did... doh! Now in regards to above where the vendor MAY not send the 8 missing tiles.. Patty explained to me on the phone when I was talking to her last that NORMAL procedure on missing items, especially for something as expensive as in my case) would be for the customer to bring the ENTIRE THING back to a Local Costco warehouse (which is just down the road from me). Then they would get the vendor will send a NEW shipment to the customer (the entire thing, not just the 8 missing). Basically you can see why they do that.. that would prevent people from just CLAIMING that they were missing stuff as if they got anything shortened, as they would have to give it all back and start over again..
Old 02-14-2007, 02:33 AM   #4
camarosource

I go outside and start setting up the tiles to see how they look and how much is missing and then determine is my FLAGS that go around the car will still fit.. Anyways I set them up (tiles) and realize it's too long so I realize I can deduct one line of tiles shorter. So I have 4 extra tiles now (except still need the missing black to fill in the NOW 3 feet of tiles remaining out of the 4 missing. So anyways I got the full border and thought it looks pretty good. Tried the flags and realized I had to remove 2 tiles from the end of each corner to get the space for the flag "trophy" posts and with the missing tiles I don't have any to fill in the space with. I then realized the string of flags going lengthwise with the side of the car are now 6 inches TOO SHORT. I come in the house and tear the house apart looking for clips that are double ended, metal (which will hold the force of the flags pulling on each other) and each being 3 inches long (3 inches on each end equal the missing 6 I need). Without any luck, I'm running out of time, light will be fading within a couple hours and tonight is basically the only chance I got to figure this out. Can't run to Home Depot as I would need to pull all the tiles apart as there are "particular" people in the neighborhood who walk into yards and open garages looking for cans and bottles or ANYTHING they want to take. (Not talking about homeless people here.. I walked in the house once and found my car rinse bucket gone, I walk up the alley only to find her with my bucket and cans. Claims it was in the garbage.. Then pretends to not know English after I tell her she walked INTO MY GARAGE on PRIVATE PROPERTY and stole it so don't give me that crap!). Anyways.. I can't leave the tiles on the ground as they might be gone when I get back. So I resort to trying a black fabric ribbon which looks good and works good.

I then take pics (can't show the flag set up as the "trophy" posts must be taped down VERY securely.

Pics: http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b5...W%20tiles%201/

At this point I think they look good.. But then I realize 2 Feet from the car might actually be larger than the allowed space at these indoor shows and would go into the NEXT persons space. Plus I don't particularly like the fact that I have to remove 1 corner tile to make room for the flag "trophy" posts. I look at the tiles and realize the tiles sit EXACTLY on top of where a tile is.

So I try an experiment.. Move the extra 1 foot of tiles UNDER the car and remove the tiles where the wheels are to give the impression of the car sitting on the tiles rather than a border around it which is likely way too wide and long. The front wheels fit in between 2 tiles. And the rear wheels fit PERFECTLY in-between 1 tile (the length from front wheel to rear wheel is EXACTLY in the foot measurements so it fits perfectly). After I do this, since I moved the length side tiles to underneath the car, that means the overall width of the tiles are shortened by 2 feet (1 foot less per side) which means 2 less at the front and rear which meant I had EXTRA tiles.. Actually quite a bit.. Possibly 10 extra tiles (without using the 4 extra whites in the house and WITHOUT the extra 8 blacks that should be on the way). Then I used the extra tiles to fill in many of the spaces under the car to give an even more better impression of it sitting on the tiles. (Course I COULD have it sit on the tiles but the tires would surely discolor the tiles which I don't want to happen)

Anyways.. I look at the new look and think it looks better. Turns out it's 1 foot shorter on all sides which means the flags will now fit and that I don't have to remove the corner tile of each corner to make room for the "trophy" flag posts. AND better still... I don't need to panic if the tiles don't get here in tile (or even if they do send them out) as they will mean I just have EXTRA tiles that don't need using now and can be kept for spares if any break...

I took pics of the new tiles as well. Was getting dark by now so I had to use flash which didn't come out so good.. And the car is absolutely FILTHY.

Pics: http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b5...W%20tiles%202/

Oh and in regards to the tiles.. I realized that popping them into each other is a BREEZE but removing will be a PITA.. I go to lift them and my heart literally STOPS because you have to RIPS them or BREAK THEM apart.. and the sound is VERY loud!! They easily sound like you are snapping plastic strips apart but I was AMAZED after all that ripping apart, not one single clip stressed, cracked, nor broke. These are INCREDIBLY WELL BUILT AND STRONG!! Quite a few times I ripped 2 or 3 apart into strips and heard what sounded like the clips broke off and bounced off the tiles to the ground. Heart stopped. I look only to discover it was ALWAYS a little rock or something that was sitting on the tile or stuck under the tile and just dislodged itself when I ripped the tiles apart.. PHEW!!

OH.. and I had taken pics of the tiles and posted them here.. Turns out that 1 shows PROOF of how many tiles were in the box!!! I'm going to send it to Costco! In the box the black tiles (4 per slab) are individually just stacked on top of each other. However the WHITE tiles are protected (probably so the black ones don't scratch them?) are SHRINK WRAPPED! In one of the pics I took, it shows the newly open box with the stack of tiles in them. There you can EASILY see there are 7 stacks of white tiles inside the shrink wrapping. 4 x 7 = 28. (hence the 4 extra white tiles I have rather than 24). So that box had the extra 4 white (1 slab) tiles.

Here you can clearly see how 2 black slabs are missing as it's not up to the top of the box: http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b5...t=100_6846.jpg

And here you can CLEARLY see 7 slabs of WHITE tiles shrink wrapped.
http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b5...t=100_6857.jpg

Plus 5 BLACK tiles.. 4 x 5 = 20 (1 black slab missing as there should be 6 slabs of each color 4 x 6 = 24)

As a result you can clearly see this box was missing one black and added 1 more white tile. That also means that the second box obviously had 1 black missing too.. NOT very good quality control!!

But anyways.. I am all set for the show and don't need to stress over the missing tiles anymore THANK GOD!!

----

But either way I am still missing 8 black tiles.

I emailed them this:

Renee is handling the 8 missing black tiles.

Turns out that the pics I had take to show off the tiles to my friend actually show the missing tiles. In fact you can CLEARLY see 6 slabs of WHITE tiles shrink wrapped and only 5 slabs of black tiles.

Black : 5 x 4 = 20 (1 missing slab of black)
White : 7 x 4 = 28 (1 extra slab of white)

Here you can clearly see how 1 black slab is missing as it's not up to the top of the box: http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b5...t=100_6846.jpg

And here you can CLEARLY see 7 slabs of WHITE tiles shrink wrapped.
http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b5...t=100_6857.jpg

So that means that the second box was missing 1 slab of black as well. I think it's time to get some real Quality Control on your vendors packaging line. If these were sent to two different customers, you would have *2* very angry customers. And if I got these mistakes.. Obviously there are more customers who going to get a surprize when they open their boxes.. Especially these customers ordering 10 or more boxes.. Missing 1 or 2 slabs per box can EASILY be 40 missing tiles which is EASILY over $200 of missing tiles.. This is NOT good business.. Your vendor needs to get their act together.

---

My comments now : I sure hope NONE of you run into this situation!!!
Old 02-14-2007, 12:08 PM   #5
froggert

i had no problems. ordered 10 boxes, got 10 boxes.
froggert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 10:12 PM   #6
christian

for all the effort you should have just gotten racedeck
christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 09:37 AM   #7
froggert

in the US, it's drop-shipped from the same people as racedeck.
froggert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 08:51 PM   #8
ZRX61

jeeze, it's not like it's the last car show on the planet.... ever consider a different hobby.. maybe raising weed?
ZRX61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 01:05 AM   #9
camarosource

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRX61
jeeze, it's not like it's the last car show on the planet.... ever consider a different hobby.. maybe raising weed?
That's a little immature. Sarcasm is not needed, asked for, nor necessary, thanks.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:32 PM   #10
tsbrewers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRX61
I actually had a very similar thought after reading it.

Brew
tsbrewers is offline   Reply With Quote