Welcome to the The Garage Journal Board forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   The Garage Journal Board > The Garage > General Garage Discussion

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-29-2010, 06:18 PM   #1
Spencer Was Here
no he wasn't
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Western Michigan
Posts: 123
Default BendPak Dealers/Distributors/Installers

I'm bidding a construction project in Tulsa Oklahoma and they just threw an addendum at me late today stating they want me to provide and install two XPR-12FD lifts that were previously to be provided by the owner.

I only have until Monday to submit my pricing, so this was the only place I could think of that might be able to help me over the weekend.

If it is not against the forum etiquette or rules I would like any interested BendPak dealers/distributors/installers to PM me for details.

Moderators, I apologize if this is out of line, or posted in the wrong place. Please feel free to delete or move as necessary.

Thanks, Spence
Spencer Was Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 07:02 PM   #2
beltfeed
Member
 
beltfeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: upstate NY
Posts: 72
Default Re: BendPak Dealers/Distributors/Installers

I'm not sure if the install process price varies but the purchase prices are the same from dealer to dealer. I'm going to order one in a week or two so I went price shopping all over the net. The prices I found were all the same right to the penny. I will probably be going with asadeals due to they are a pretty big size operation and others have had good dealings with them.
beltfeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 10-29-2010, 07:26 PM   #3
mrb
Senior Member
 
mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,735
Default Re: BendPak Dealers/Distributors/Installers

Quote:
Originally Posted by beltfeed View Post
I'm not sure if the install process price varies but the purchase prices are the same from dealer to dealer. I'm going to order one in a week or two so I went price shopping all over the net. The prices I found were all the same right to the penny. I will probably be going with asadeals due to they are a pretty big size operation and others have had good dealings with them.
the pricing all being the same would be due to a minimum advertised price policy, working directly with a dealer vs buying online may yield a better price especially if buying two at once
mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 07:36 PM   #4
beltfeed
Member
 
beltfeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: upstate NY
Posts: 72
Default Re: BendPak Dealers/Distributors/Installers

I'm not sure how Bendpak does it but many companies today set the pricing and their dealers are not allowed to deviate from the fixed pricing. Bendpak maybe that way or maybe not. I have not leaned on a dealer yet to see if they can be squeezed on the pricing.
beltfeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 07:45 PM   #5
mrb
Senior Member
 
mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,735
Default Re: BendPak Dealers/Distributors/Installers

Quote:
Originally Posted by beltfeed View Post
I'm not sure how Bendpak does it but many companies today set the pricing and their dealers are not allowed to deviate from the fixed pricing. Bendpak maybe that way or maybe not. I have not leaned on a dealer yet to see if they can be squeezed on the pricing.
thats illegal under the sherman act, there was once case in (i think) 2007Leegin where the supreme court (wrongly imo) decided minimum retail prices could be ok in some circumstances, but the decision has not been widely applied. most manufacturers operate on a minimum advertised price policy...
mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 09:21 PM   #6
beltfeed
Member
 
beltfeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: upstate NY
Posts: 72
Default Re: BendPak Dealers/Distributors/Installers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrb View Post
thats illegal under the sherman act, there was once case in (i think) 2007Leegin where the supreme court (wrongly imo) decided minimum retail prices could be ok in some circumstances, but the decision has not been widely applied. most manufacturers operate on a minimum advertised price policy...
Legal or illegal I have ran across many companies that have set pricing. Heck I need a new zero turn lawn mower so I called five different JD dealers. The price was the same and they are not common owned dealerships.

Check out these Bendpak HD9 prices, they are all the same with free shipping. When prices don't change one penny somebody is setting the prices.


http://www.asedeals.com/garage_lift.html $2680
http://www.e-autolifts.com/pf/pf.html $2680
http://www.bestbuyautoequipment.com/...&brand=BendPak $2680
https://www.garagegadgetsinc.com/4post_car_lifts.php $2680
http://www.metro-lifts.com/hd-9.htm $2680
http://equiptool.com/i-365902-bendpa...-capacity.html $2680
beltfeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 09:27 PM   #7
mrb
Senior Member
 
mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,735
Default Re: BendPak Dealers/Distributors/Installers

Quote:
Originally Posted by beltfeed View Post
Legal or illegal I have ran across many companies that have set pricing. Heck I need a new zero turn lawn mower so I called five different JD dealers. The price was the same and they are not common owned dealerships.

Check out these Bendpak HD9 prices, they are all the same with free shipping. When prices don't change one penny somebody is setting the prices.


http://www.asedeals.com/garage_lift.html $2680
http://www.e-autolifts.com/pf/pf.html $2680
http://www.bestbuyautoequipment.com/...&brand=BendPak $2680
https://www.garagegadgetsinc.com/4post_car_lifts.php $2680
http://www.metro-lifts.com/hd-9.htm $2680
http://equiptool.com/i-365902-bendpa...-capacity.html $2680
yeah, that is a function of minimum advertised price. they cant advertise it for less.
mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 07:11 AM   #8
Matt M, PA
Senior Member
 
Matt M, PA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: SE PA
Posts: 1,969
Default Re: BendPak Dealers/Distributors/Installers

Some guitar companies also have a MAP. Once in the store price can be negotiated...but not advertised lower than MAP. That includes web pricing. Some dealers may offer an upgrade or accessory rather than drop the price.
Matt M, PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 07:36 AM   #9
Spencer Was Here
no he wasn't
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Western Michigan
Posts: 123
Default Re: BendPak Dealers/Distributors/Installers

I'm still hoping a BendPak distributor or dealer will contact me today to get me pricing on these lifts.
Spencer Was Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:59 AM   #10
hilld
Senior Member
 
hilld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Camas, WA
Posts: 608
Default Re: BendPak Dealers/Distributors/Installers

Spencer,

it might be more efficient for you to contact the local dealer(s) to get some pricing. I would not rely on somebody here to check in and get back to you.

Derek
__________________
My projects:

Barn makeover

Motorcycle lift build (for 2 post lift)
hilld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:26 AM   #11
ket-tek
Senior Member
 
ket-tek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,282
Default Re: BendPak Dealers/Distributors/Installers

Asedeals certainly gave me a nice discount when I purchased two hd9's and accessories at the same time. Was a smooth transaction.

Last edited by ket-tek; 11-01-2010 at 07:11 PM.
ket-tek is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:03 AM.