Welcome to the The Garage Journal Board forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   The Garage Journal Board > Garage Sale > Product and Vendor Reviews

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 11-18-2010, 07:32 PM   #1
Avender

Default StrictlyToolBoxes.com 56" Montezuma Elite Black Out

I'm so happy about this box!!! I just got it today after ordering it last Friday (it's Thursday) and had it delivered to the shop. This is a great heavy duty box for the price! Compliments from everyone and loathing from Cornwell and Matco but they like it too! For Cornwell's 58" with nice color scheme and steel top it's about $6800. Lifetime warranty... but that doesn't cover wear and paint. Which means when you pay it off, it looks like crap...

If I bought 3 of these Montezumas, that's 15 years warranty, a fresh looking box every 5 years, and I would spend just as much as one push over Cornwell or Matco...

It's a Rat Rod box with 4 "stay away from this box or I'll bite" tubular push pull bars. You don't get those with the other boxes; just plain old 4 sides and some wheels.

Snap On supposedly comes with mostly 16 gauge steel... I don't believe I could fit 300lbs in a 2.5" drawer on theirs so: why? This box o' mine with 18 and 20 gauge is just fine with me. Keeps the cost and the weight down. I have 250 and 500lb. drawer weight limits and that seems mighty sturdy to me!

Anyways, I'm very happy with Shannon and Joe(hope i'm right on that) as they helped me quite a bit and could tell (as well as everyone at work for the last week) that I was in love with this cabinet. I WILL be a repeat customer with STB and hope others follow my path to get the most bang for their buck. They will not be disappointed! (Your other options will cost you dearly)

I'll try to post pics soon as I haven't seen any of this box yet from anyone else!
Avender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:06 PM   #2
mikebramel

Default Re: StrictlyToolBoxes.com 56" Montezuma Elite Black Out

pictures PLEASE
mikebramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 11-23-2010, 06:21 AM   #3
archirelic

and after you've worked with it and used it a little...let us know what you think of having diamond plate for a top. seems like it wouldn't make for a friendly work surface.

thanks for the review!
archirelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 09:03 PM   #4
NickTurbo900

I had the same concerns about a diamond plate work surface, I need to write at least 1/4 as much as I wrench it seems anymore!
NickTurbo900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:56 AM   #5
Avender

That's fine. I got a Norditrac exercise equipment clear floor pad and cut it to size. PERFECT! I took pictures with my phone but I need to do it with my camera, otherwise i can't get them onto my computer. I love the box so far!
Avender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 08:40 AM   #6
precisionworks

Geez, I was all set to buy the Tractor Supply Masterhand 52" top & bottom for $825 (plus about $60 tax) ... until seeing this thread. Just ordered the Montezuma 56" top & bottom for $1495 delivered.

The TSC box does not have a full width top drawer, which is a drawback. The Montezuma box looks perfect, and the price isn't bad.
Old 12-18-2010, 04:27 PM   #7
archirelic

Updates and/or pictures?
archirelic is offline   Reply With Quote